Kodi Community Forum
[Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on (/showthread.php?tid=104391)

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - Dixon Butz - 2013-08-20

All the archived games I tried worked fine.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - divingmule - 2013-08-20

(2013-08-19, 16:19)Clobber Wrote: Sorry, did not work for me. I got a mlbtv_player.py error using XP.

Sorry, seems my windows code, for running mlbhls client isn't compatible with XP.

Quote:Can you clarify what HLS means? The normal mlbmc has an option for HLS streams. Is that not fuctional or some how different in mlb-hls?

HLS > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_Live_Streaming

The HLS option in the normal add-on is only for videos, not game streams, and doesn't require the external client.

Quote:The mlb-hls addon desclaimer says it requires thegrayghosts client. Do I need that running under windows?

I've included a windows build with the add-on. It should* work with default settings for Windows > XP.

(2013-08-20, 16:19)Dixon Butz Wrote: All the archived games I tried worked fine.

Thanks!

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - Clobber - 2013-08-21

divingmule - thanks for all the effort,help, and explanation.

Looks like I am suddenly good to go with version 2.0.7 of the MLBMC (non HLS) version. I'll assume my XBMC updated that plugin automagically and that the fix worked.

Using version 0.1.5 of the HLS on XP I still have issues with the same script problem. I'm not really concerned because the non-hls version is working. Is there a reason I would want the HLS over the normal versioin?

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - Aemstel - 2013-08-21

Thank you divingmule. I've been following your add-on for a long time. Working very nicely now and even with HD streams (windows) on live games. Great work, thanks a lot!

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - Klattsy - 2013-08-22

Im running 2.0.7 on my Raspberry Pi and it still doesn't have archives working. live games are perfect though.

Trying this link to log on my phone...

log from xbmc log uploader

Thanks!
Mark.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - divingmule - 2013-08-22

(2013-08-22, 09:00)Klattsy Wrote: Im running 2.0.7 on my Raspberry Pi and it still doesn't have archives working. live games are perfect though.

Thanks!
Mark.

This seems like a server side issue, the error in your log -
Quote:06:58:19 T:2884645952 INFO: RTMPSockBuf_Fill, recv returned -1. GetSockError(): 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable)
06:58:19 T:2884645952 ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet body. len: 68892

Can you reproduce that specific error with different games?

(2013-08-21, 22:55)Aemstel Wrote: Thank you divingmule. I've been following your add-on for a long time. Working very nicely now and even with HD streams (windows) on live games. Great work, thanks a lot!

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - Adam12 - 2013-08-23

Hi,
Love the add-on. I am currently been getting the following message when I try to watch a live game on my Windows Vista laptop. "MLB-HLS is running. Restart the player?" Yes/No. If I click Yes, the message box keeps popping up. This has been happening the last few days. Are there any other ways I can reset the "player". Thanks

Edit - As soon as I posted this, I finally got a live game to play (Pitts vs San Fran). However, after about 30 seconds, the game stopped and message block popped up again asking if I want to restart the player.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - Klattsy - 2013-08-23

(2013-08-22, 12:44)divingmule Wrote:
(2013-08-22, 09:00)Klattsy Wrote: Im running 2.0.7 on my Raspberry Pi and it still doesn't have archives working. live games are perfect though.

Thanks!
Mark.

This seems like a server side issue, the error in your log -
Quote:06:58:19 T:2884645952 INFO: RTMPSockBuf_Fill, recv returned -1. GetSockError(): 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable)
06:58:19 T:2884645952 ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet body. len: 68892

Can you reproduce that specific error with different games?

(2013-08-21, 22:55)Aemstel Wrote: Thank you divingmule. I've been following your add-on for a long time. Working very nicely now and even with HD streams (windows) on live games. Great work, thanks a lot!

Yeah it was happening with all games. I'll try and capture more logs tonight.

Thanks,
Mark.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - divingmule - 2013-08-23

(2013-08-23, 06:47)Adam12 Wrote: Hi,
Love the add-on. I am currently been getting the following message when I try to watch a live game on my Windows Vista laptop. "MLB-HLS is running. Restart the player?" Yes/No. If I click Yes, the message box keeps popping up. This has been happening the last few days. Are there any other ways I can reset the "player". Thanks

Edit - As soon as I posted this, I finally got a live game to play (Pitts vs San Fran). However, after about 30 seconds, the game stopped and message block popped up again asking if I want to restart the player.

It seems your connection isn't keeping up with the stream. When using the hls version of the add-on on Windows, the xbmc player is playing directly from a file and doesn't know that it needs to stop and buffer. You can try increasing the time to wait before starting the player in the add-on settings and maybe decrease the bitrate setting.

For a more trouble free experiance you might wan to use the normal add-on instead of the hls version.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - theredguy - 2013-09-03

Love this plug in, it works great.

Would it ever be possible for me to have music playing in XBMC, and start a live baseball game (without sound) at the same time? A live game would make a great music background.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - Samba123 - 2013-09-05

Hi there,

Love this addon but recently been having some issues so wondered if anyone could help? I've been having some issues on my xbmc live install. It is eden based and the latest available version is 1.1.8 but on the thread here it is 2.0.7. Is 2.0.7 compatible with eden?

1.1.8 plays games for a minute or two and then cuts out so was wondering if a version issue. Can post a paste bin log if needed.

Thanks.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - divingmule - 2013-09-05

(2013-09-03, 20:26)theredguy Wrote: Love this plug in, it works great.

Would it ever be possible for me to have music playing in XBMC, and start a live baseball game (without sound) at the same time? A live game would make a great music background.

I wouldn't ever say never, all it takes is a motivated developer, but I don't see it in the near future.

(2013-09-05, 08:59)Samba123 Wrote: Hi there,

Love this adding but recently been having some issues so wondered if anyone could help? I've been having some issues on my xbmc live install. It is eden based and the latest available version is 1.1.8 but on the thread here it is 2.0.7. Is 2.0.7 compatible with eden?

1.1.8 plays games for a minute or two and then cuts out so was wondering if a version issue. Can post a paste bin log if needed.

Thanks.

2.0.7 is the Frodo version. There's very little difference between the versions.

Sounds more like a librtmp issue. The xbmc player depends on librtmp for playback of rtmp:// streams. You may want to look into updating your librtmp if you intend to stay with eden. Maybe check this thread > http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=162307

If you want to pastebin a log somewhere we can take a closer look, make sure you enable debugging in the system settings.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - manarola - 2013-09-08

hey guys

i just started using MLBMC a few days ago and its been working fine. tonight, i tried watching the phillies game. it works for 3-4 min then buffers a couple times, and on the third time or so mlbmc closes and im taken back to xbmc home page. this has happened repeatedly. my connection seems to be fine.

http://pastebin.com/KZGdFGUm

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - divingmule - 2013-09-09

Hi manarola, thanks for the log!

It seems sometimes the URL that is returned is formatted differently than usual. Wondering if you can still reproduce this error?

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - Samba123 - 2013-09-09

(2013-09-05, 14:30)divingmule Wrote:
(2013-09-05, 08:59)Samba123 Wrote: Hi there,

Love this adding but recently been having some issues so wondered if anyone could help? I've been having some issues on my xbmc live install. It is eden based and the latest available version is 1.1.8 but on the thread here it is 2.0.7. Is 2.0.7 compatible with eden?

Thanks.

2.0.7 is the Frodo version. There's very little difference between the versions.

Sounds more like a librtmp issue. The xbmc player depends on librtmp for playback of rtmp:// streams. You may want to look into updating your librtmp if you intend to stay with eden. Maybe check this thread > http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=162307

If you want to pastebin a log somewhere we can take a closer look, make sure you enable debugging in the system settings.

Thanks for the reply. I did wonder if it maybe a librtmp issue, but hadn't got round to investigating further. I've updated librtmp following the guide and played an archived game fine.

Just need to test on a live game now so fingers crossed. Will post back and pastebin if still having issues.