Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote) (/showthread.php?tid=104567)

- FSS_Dawid - 2011-07-28

marillionkb5 Wrote:Hi,

Loving the app, definitely the best I've seen so far and fits with what I would want an iPad XBMC remote to look like and act like :-)

One slight problem though - am in poster view for TV shows and it's showing the banners.....any ideas ? Have set the view to poster in the settings....

thanks in advance.......

Hi,
Do you use posters in xbmc ? or do you have banners when you enter tv shows? You have to have the scraper set up for posters in xbmc and rescan the tvshow library if you won't to change it.

Fysbo Wrote:Hi guys. I´m new at the board and I have tried finding a solution to my problem by searching, but without luck No

I have XBMC on my Win7 pc and no matter what I do, I can´t make constellation find it - I have tried reinstalling both programs, I have tried manually to open the 3 ports, and I have tried to close down my firewall without luck.
Now I tried installing XBMC on my mac and constellation finds it in seconds Huh

Any ideas anybody?

Help is very much appreciated Wink
XBMC on windows does not support xbmc auto discovery (zeroconfig) You have to do a manual setup. I havent seen Windows for a while now but as I remember win 7 supports by default in/out firewall rules so I wold look for the problem in you firewall config.

For all those that sent me uuid's I will provide you today by PM with a link to the v1.3 version.

Regards

- iMedia - 2011-07-29

Just set up the remote on win7. Worked fine adding a host manually. I just added the IP address, port, xbmc name, xbmc password. I did NOT enter a WOL MAC:

- DomesticMachine - 2011-07-30

Just tried the app, loving it. Smile One small problem/question: most computers/devices in my home network use DHCP, and I usually access them by using their mDNS names ("hostname.local"). However, when I try to enter "htpc.local" in the host field, Constellation insists on cutting the last two letters, making it "htpc.loc", which obviously doesn't work. Entering the IP works just fine, but since IP's sometimes change, I'd rather use the hostname. Any way around this?

- isamu.dragon - 2011-07-30

DomesticMachine Wrote:Just tried the app, loving it. Smile One small problem/question: most computers/devices in my home network use DHCP, and I usually access them by using their mDNS names ("hostname.local"). However, when I try to enter "htpc.local" in the host field, Constellation insists on cutting the last two letters, making it "htpc.loc", which obviously doesn't work. Entering the IP works just fine, but since IP's sometimes change, I'd rather use the hostname. Any way around this?

In most routers you can set a machine to automatically get a specific IP address. this will allow you to use DHCP fine, and won't change the addresses

isamu.dragon Wrote:In most routers you can set a machine to automatically get a specific IP address. this will allow you to use DHCP fine, and won't change the addresses
Yeah, and of course I could just use a static IP - that's not really a problem. But generally speaking I just like to use the host.local -names instead of IP's wherever possible, and I'm guessing it would be a trivial change to allow >3 character top level domains in Constellation... Smile

- FSS_Dawid - 2011-07-30

DomesticMachine Wrote:Yeah, and of course I could just use a static IP - that's not really a problem. But generally speaking I just like to use the host.local -names instead of IP's wherever possible, and I'm guessing it would be a trivial change to allow >3 character top level domains in Constellation... Smile

Sure Im' Looking @ it right now.

Fixed

FSS_Dawid Wrote:Sure Im' Looking @ it right now.

Fixed
That was quick, thank you! Big Grin

Another little thing I don't think anyone has mentioned - would it be possible to sort titles ignoring "the" from the beginning, like XBMC does? Now I have an endless list of "The This" and "The That" sorted next to each other... Smile

- FSS_Dawid - 2011-07-30

DomesticMachine Wrote:That was quick, thank you! Big Grin

Another little thing I don't think anyone has mentioned - would it be possible to sort titles ignoring "the" from the beginning, like XBMC does? Now I have an endless list of "The This" and "The That" sorted next to each other... Smile

Fixed...
Will be will be releasing it in 1h to Apple for review.

FSS_Dawid Wrote:Fixed...
Will be will be releasing it in 1h to Apple for review.
Another thank you! That was 4e well spent, it seems. Smile

- eriksmith200 - 2011-07-30

Great app! Bought the pro version for my iPhone Smile
I wish Apple would copy your way of adding an album or folder to the now playing list.
Some suggestions:
  • My really not all that thick fingers have some difficulty sliding the 'now playing' down and up (especially with 'up' i sometimes press the touch area)
  • I would like an option or quick toggle to switch from gesture area to some sort of arrow control
  • It would be nice if in the Music playlist the currently playing item was highlighted
  • I would like to be able to rearrange the home buttons/tiles
  • I would like to add buttons/tiles to specific folders/views (I mainly use the app to play music, it now takes me 3 clicks to get to where I want to go: Files => Audio => 'The specific subfolder where I store my music')
  • After buying the pro version there is still a 'Go Pro' button on the home screen. Maybe this could be moved to the settings pane after purchase?

[edit]I now see that the currently playing item in the music playlist is highlighted, but it is maybe a bit too subtle. Additionally it would be nice if the music playlist (I use it in file mode) displayed album art for each item, rather than the current generic icon[/edit]

- FSS_Dawid - 2011-07-30

eriksmith200 Wrote:1)[*] My really not all that thick fingers have some difficulty sliding the 'now playing' down and up (especially with 'up' i sometimes press the touch area)
2)[*] I would like an option or quick toggle to switch from gesture area to some sort of arrow control
3)[*] It would be nice if in the Music playlist the currently playing item was highlighted
4)[*] I would like to be able to rearrange the home buttons/tiles
5)[*] I would like to add buttons/tiles to specific folders/views (I mainly use the app to play music, it now takes me 3 clicks to get to where I want to go: Files => Audio => 'The specific subfolder where I store my music')
6)[*] After buying the pro version there is still a 'Go Pro' button on the home screen. Maybe this could be moved to the settings pane after purchase?
[/LIST]
1) fixed in v1.3 you will like the new iPhone interface
2) Added to todo list
3) Have to find a cool way of doing that.
4) Yes we will do that for iPhone/Ipad in the next releases
5) In the next release we will make file favorits...
6) Kill the app... it sometimes happens...

Regards

- TuCsaT - 2011-07-30

Sorry if this is already discussed but does Constellation support the original xbox? I can control the xbox via gestures but I get http failed and JSON RPC disconnected. I can get it to work on my PC running Dharma though. I'm trying to use an old xbox running XBMC as a jukebox for my zone 2 (porch) and this would be perfect if I could just get it to run. here's the equipment I'm using:

Old School Xbox (TSOP Flashed yeah baby): running the XBMC4XBOX build 3.0.1

Iphone 4 running Constellation pro 1.2.3

I can also connect and control the XBOX via web interface.

*EDIT*

I believe the problem is actually xbmc4xbox which as far as I can tell does not support JSON RPC

- Exal28 - 2011-07-31

People hi,

For beginning, sorry for my english ! I'm french

I have a problem with intermittent connection on JSON, every five seconds i loose connection. "faild to connect port 9090"
I tried to open port on my internet access and on win7 but unfortunatly the problem is still Here

Ihave a ipad2 and dharma

Thanks in advance for your help

- sampo_v2 - 2011-07-31

Exal28 Wrote:I have a problem with intermittent connection on JSON, every five seconds i loose connection. "faild to connect port 9090"
I tried to open port on my internet access and on win7 but unfortunatly the problem is still Here

I've been wondering about this myself. The ubuntu box running xbmc is also running squeezecenter, which uses port 9090. But i can't get xbmc to start listening to port 9090 even if I stop squeezecenter before starting xbmc. Any ideas?

Play Local Trailers - Method007 - 2011-08-04

Is that button (looks like a piece of movie film) in the movie info screen supposed to play the local trailer? All it does is white out my fanart on the iphone and put an X in the corner of where the fanart was.

If it doesn't play local trailers, what does it do? Also, if it doesn't play local trailers, can you add that? Thanks Smile

Lastly, I bought the pro version on the iPhone and now when I try to install pro on the iPad it still wants me to purchase it. I thought it said the purchase was good for all devices on the iTunes account? Possibly I am doing something wrong?

Thank you for your time.