Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote) (/showthread.php?tid=104567)

- iorifly - 2011-10-02

Friends, someone is feeling the slow xbmc? I am asking this question here because we are using an older version of xbmc because of the constellation ....

- isamu.dragon - 2011-10-02

iorifly Wrote:Friends, someone is feeling the slow xbmc? I am asking this question here because we are using an older version of xbmc because of the constellation ....

Huh?

- iorifly - 2011-10-02

isamu.dragon Wrote:Huh?

my xbmc is too slow! at the showing of films, music ... this is ... is because I'm using an older version?

- Archigos - 2011-10-02

iorifly Wrote:my xbmc is too slow! at the showing of films, music ... this is ... is because I'm using an older version?

There's many reasons it could act like it's slowed down, a growing library, disc fragmentation, etc. It's not going to just slow down because the version is a little older.

One thing I've noticed on my system is that the auto-update for plug-ins has caused some apparent slow downs because those plug-ins are now trying things my version isn't programmed to do. It might not even be because of that, after all, I've gotten around to organizing some of my music and almost doubled the library for that as well as added a few more tv shows (roughly 400 new episodes) so I know I was putting extra stress on my hard drives while they processed.

JSON RPC and XBMC nightly - Ringerl - 2011-10-02

The JSON RPC does not work with the nightly XMBC - might be related to:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=98551

- iorifly - 2011-10-03

No time to see a new version of the constellation ... are talking about him to change the screen resolution (on television)!

- FSS_Dawid - 2011-10-03

iorifly Wrote:No time to see a new version of the constellation ... are talking about him to change the screen resolution (on television)!

We are getting there we just putt in too many new features to get it done in a couple of days(changes in XBMC, IOS 5,...). What can I tell you is if all goes well this will be the biggest feature release ever well maybe since v1.0 Wink Your patience will get rewarded Smile

Thx for your patience, support and many, many good words!

- Effingood - 2011-10-04

I'm currently having some annoying issues regarding setup of Constellation. I've looked over this forum and watched that darn Youtube tutorial about a million times, but no matter what I do, I keep getting an error in the iPad app saying Error incorrect username or password.

XBMC detects Constellation (a little pop up comes up at the bottom), but every time I attempt to test the connection, I get that error. Additionally, the HTTP status says failed and JSON RPC is disconnected.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit and the regular release of xbmc. I've quintuple checked that the settings in XBMC (particularly the username and lack of password) match those on my iPad. I've tried using passwords, I've tried not using passwords, I've tried teh xmbc default username, I've tried random other ones. All the ports are open on my firewall (8080; 9090; and 9777udp). Any idea what I'm doing incorrectly here?

- Blaxxor - 2011-10-04

Why doesn't my HTPC remember where i stopped a movie when stopping from Censtellation ?

It works if I stop with my remote but not whit the app.

//Stellan

- calmdown - 2011-10-04

This looks amazing! I'm currently running a too new eden build for it to work properly, but i guess it will update sooner or later.

Does it have remote functions for the iphone app? like uparrow down back esc, or only gestures?

Because gestures is a pain when using a skin like Alaska with no mouse support.
I'm so used to the ugly collect3 with buttons (see picture), but i'd really like to switch to this.. it looks amazing!

- fluentdesigns - 2011-10-05

I have been able to get this to work but cannot get my media to show, remote works fine. Firewall disabled. Any tips?

- m0v1em4n - 2011-10-05

What nightly are you using, if on a nightly? also what sort mode, try a different sort

- isamu.dragon - 2011-10-05

fluentdesigns Wrote:I have been able to get this to work but cannot get my media to show, remote works fine. Firewall disabled. Any tips?

if the nightly is past Sept. 5, then it won't show because XBMC changed some of it's calls, and they are being updated in the next version of this app.

- fluentdesigns - 2011-10-05

Oh ok.. that is why im using like Sept 24 nightly

- U5tabil - 2011-10-08

That explains the same problem i have with the media not updating. I have a build from oktober 8. When and wgat will i need to do to get the media working again.
How far back do i need to go getting it to work. Or in other words how long do i need to wait before it will work?