Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote) (/showthread.php?tid=104567)

- Archigos - 2012-01-25

slonoma98 Wrote:Thanks for the advice....it was a router issue. The XBMC machine was on my guest network that can only access the web and not the internal network. The remote works now but the update library buttons do nothing. I have to navigate through the folders to find my media.

Glad to see you got at least part of your problems fixed. As far as the 'update library' buttons not working, you are holding them down correct? As you hold, you should see them fill with color and once they are completely full it sends the command... it was done this way to prevent people from accidentally bumping them. But with the 'navigate through the folders' comment makes me wonder if you have the libraries turned on and set up correctly inside XBMC in the first place. You can feel free to PM me with more details on exactly what it's doing and I can try to help walk you through some stuff so you get the best experience.

Iphone version of xbmc constellation - tomassp - 2012-01-27

Hi
I'm having some trouble going up a level on the iPhone version of the app. I've purchased it and playing with it with eden.

I can jump to the home screen by pressing x but the doesn't seem to be a up one level button.

I've seen on iPad screenshots a button that looks like 'undo' or back but can't find a similar looking button on the iPhone version.

How do you go up a level on the remote, without opening the keyboard and hitting backspace.

Thanks

- Archigos - 2012-01-27

tomassp Wrote:Hi
I'm having some trouble going up a level on the iPhone version of the app. I've purchased it and playing with it with eden.

I can jump to the home screen by pressing x but the doesn't seem to be a up one level button.

I've seen on iPad screenshots a button that looks like 'undo' or back but can't find a similar looking button on the iPhone version.

How do you go up a level on the remote, without opening the keyboard and hitting backspace.

Thanks
In Constellation (on the iPhone) I assume you already have the navigation (and Gesture Zone) panels pulled down since you mention the X which appears on its right side. The easiest way to go 'up' a level is to double tap (with a single finger) in the Gesture Zone which is the same as hitting the "Backspace" on the keyboard.

- nsviper - 2012-01-27

Any news yet on an Android version of this? Would love to use this on my Sony Tablet ... Smile

- Archigos - 2012-01-27

nsviper Wrote:Any news yet on an Android version of this? Would love to use this on my Sony Tablet ... Smile

The only news on an Android version is the same that it has been... (paraphrased) "The Android version will be worked on when the iPhone version revamp is finished"

- tomassp - 2012-01-27

Archigos Wrote:In Constellation (on the iPhone) I assume you already have the navigation (and Gesture Zone) panels pulled down since you mention the X which appears on its right side. The easiest way to go 'up' a level is to double tap (with a single finger) in the Gesture Zone which is the same as hitting the "Backspace" on the keyboard.

oh, my life. I can't believe i didnt try that. I was playing around with all sorts. Once you know, it's obvious. Thanks very much for your help

Keyboard not function - hollemanjan - 2012-01-27

Keyboard is not function anymore...........

I am using windows 7 and XBMC 10. not one key press is going to the system.

Normali could send Z for aspect ratio or other xbmc control. I am not using Eden...............so!!!!!!!!!!!!! What can be.
That mean that command mangement is not function and this is a very handy tool for making keyboard command sending!

I had change a keyboard.xml but nothing function! I place ut also in the good directory......... i think something in the source
is XBMC Commander is function well with key presses. But constallation is better and wit more options so me be you can check

Thanks

- Burbulence - 2012-01-27

hollemanjan Wrote:Keyboard is not function anymore...........

I am using windows 7 and XBMC 10. not one key press is going to the system.

Normali could send Z for aspect ratio or other xbmc control. I am not using Eden...............so!!!!!!!!!!!!! What can be.
That mean that command mangement is not function and this is a very handy tool for making keyboard command sending!

Thanks

if you have the iPad version you could set up a custom command...

On the remote page there is a gear button next to the puzzle piece button, this opens an extra window below the controls, there is another gear button here you can add custom commands, click add then xbmc standard key, chose which key you want and give it a name... Click done and it will create a button in the window

- barhom - 2012-01-27

Archigos, what do you think about my last message regarding move files etc in the file browser? (previous page in this topic)

I know - hollemanjan - 2012-01-28

Of course i have done that but it is not working.

I have XBMC on apple tv and on windows 7 and on both no keystrokes are going to the host. WHen i use XBMC commander then all is function so it is not the configuration of the apple tv or Windows 7 pc.

The keyboard.xml is in the good directory otherwise XBMC commander it not working. It is in the source of constallation because i had make a key button:
Z aspect, D nextaudio, another key for change subtitle.
I also test Eden and not function. Hope that there is coming a solution because it is the best remote.

Constellation is not passing thru.

Thanks

- Burbulence - 2012-01-28

hollemanjan Wrote:Of course i have done that but it is not working.

I have XBMC on apple tv and on windows 7 and on both no keystrokes are going to the host. WHen i use XBMC commander then all is function so it is not the configuration of the apple tv or Windows 7 pc.

The keyboard.xml is in the good directory otherwise XBMC commander it not working. It is in the source of constallation because i had make a key button:
Z aspect, D nextaudio, another key for change subtitle.
I also test Eden and not function. Hope that there is coming a solution because it is the best remote.

Constellation is not passing thru.

Thanks

Odd, I'm not sure why it is not working for you, it works on atv2 and so should on others. I'm Running Eden b2, normally for subs I use the built in function on the top right of the remote screen, I've just set up various keyboard commands and it works so there is a solution already, we just need to figure out where you are going wrong

No More Wake/Startup Stuttering - bwfan - 2012-01-28

Since updating XBMC from Dharma to Eden Beta2 I have no stuttering when XBMC detects a new connection from Constellation.

Only 2 variables changed - updating XBMC and my video drivers to the newest (released 3 days ago). NICE!!

Great work guys Smile I am finally content.

- Archigos - 2012-01-28

barhom Wrote:I would really love the files section to get Move/Copy function.
I normally download my files which get into "DownloadsNotSorted" folder. If I could "right-click" (what I mean is get a submenu) on folderlevel and then move the folder to another folder would be awesome.

Maybe like this;
Checkboxes, you check the folders you want to use.
For example you check 2 different movies that are located in the "DownloadsNotSorted". Then at the bottom you click the "move" button, the two movies get highlighted to move, then you navigate to the directory where you want to have the two movies and click "paste" or "finish move".

Maybe an option to auto-refresh library after a move function even?
I think you get my point.

BTW, I love your app and everyone who uses XBMC should buy it for further development.
Sorry I didn't comment earlier, I must have been too tired and never posted what I originally wrote. (I blame the meds). Anyway, to a point I think it'd be a great feature adding something like this, but on the other hand, it may be dangerous... by dangerous I mean that Burb and I would go from explaining simple 'how-to' to explaining "The developers aren't responsible for you deleting your stuff". Wink
For ease with the folder moving in your case, have you thought about using post processing (from either SickBeard or CouchPotato) to handle that? A lot of users utilize either of those apps or SabNZBd+ to deal with moving the files around for them so manual moving/organizing becomes unnecessary.

momoclax Wrote:I was purchased Pro version.
Hope there is a Skin feature for the interface for next version Smile
Are you just talking about changing the interface color or full-on skin... like different button design, etc? Either way, sure, customization is always a plus, but is it really needed for an app like this?

@Everyone: Remember, although Burb and I provide a lot of the support here, we are essentially just very big fans of this app and neither of us are officially connected to FSS.cc (the developers) therefore other than beta testing we have no real say on developmental or features other than making suggestions/comments like many of you.

- Archigos - 2012-01-28

bwfan Wrote:Since updating XBMC from Dharma to Eden Beta2 I have no stuttering when XBMC detects a new connection from Constellation.

Only 2 variables changed - updating XBMC and my video drivers to the newest (released 3 days ago). NICE!!

Great work guys Smile I am finally content.

That's great news... makes you wonder if it breaks down to either video drivers for a majority of the others experiencing it or if maybe they finally made some kind of tweak between Beta 1 and 2 that helped. (Sadly with everything going on the last few days I didn't even realize Beta 2 came out until people were making comments in the thread... guess I should pay attention more and update all my systems.)

@Everyone: Just an FYI, I will continue to provide as much support as I'm capable, but there's a possibility I may 'disappear' for a few days beginning of next week to deal with some medical things.

Keboard presses - hollemanjan - 2012-01-28

Thanks for the answer....................

My brains are crackling and the strange thing is that the previous version of constellation was working but in that version there was no option to create fast key command buttons.
I had test it on Apple TV2 and it is working but when you install XBMC on PC Windows 7 i use then it don't function. I also start in Portable Mode and put the keyboard.xml in the map of portable keymap. Put firewall of but that can not be the problem because other function are working.

Anyway the connection is good because the point is green and the strange thing is that my first app XBMC commander is sending the keystokes. I guess that the sending option of the keystrokes work on the same way................me be i need to place the keybaord.xml file in another directory!

Anyway thanks for the answer.

Jan