Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote) (/showthread.php?tid=104567)

- meh1965 - 2011-07-21

Will the "Pictures" feature be included in a future release?

- IAmNotAUser - 2011-07-21

I have a few requests / comments in feedback to using the app for the last few days.

Firstly, it doesn't always seem to pick up when videos are playing; showing the "Nothing is playing" bar at the top of the screen. The biggest time I've seen it happen is if the app is started after a video; but it's occurred whilst the app is open but the video was started with the keyboard too. This is quite common in that I'll start the video, then sit down with my phone and use that to pause if I need to.

Secondly, if I go inside any TV show to where I would expect the seasons to be listed, none are shown to me at all. I can see the individual shows and their posters fine, but nothing below that meaning it's impossible to start a episode with the app - increasing how annoying my first point is.

Thirdly, is it possible to have an option to change the display underneath the movies from a rating to something else, preferably the year but maybe also the tagline for the movie? My opinion of a movie rarely relates to how others have rated it so this really has no function to me.

Fourthly, is there a way to offer a button to go up one level inside TV Shows when browsing on the TV? This function was available in XBMC Controller either so I don't know if it's possible but I have disabled the "Up one level" option showing in my lists through advancedsettings and that means once I'm inside a show using the app I can only get back to the main screen. Selecting to go into TV Shows at that point takes me back in at the same point. To watch a different show I have to bring up the on-screen keyboard and press backspace.

Finally, is it please possible to allow the display of banners instead of posters in the TV Shows list? I can choose the option of banner size in the options, but all that does is move the poster into the middle, not actually show the poster.

Thanks for this app; I'm really liking it at the moment - especially seeing XBMC Controller seems to have stopped development. Definitely already my main app for controlling my XBMC without getting up and will be amazing if all the things above are addressed! Smile

- FSS_Dawid - 2011-07-22

Version v1.2.3 is available to download @ appstore please update.

Archigos Wrote:The XOOM sucks...

By the way, I figured out the db issue I mentioned prior, it was a mixture of the 'above 150 character in filename' and somehow in the upgrade/conversion messing up special characters inside the database...

I think everything should be figured out and was wondering on the next set of features I should be testing? Wink
Yes you will get a stable version 1.3 today/ tomorrow

meh1965 Wrote:Will the "Pictures" feature be included in a future release?
Yes I can we will try to fit it in in v1.4

IAmNotAUser Wrote:Firstly, it doesn't always seem to pick up when videos are playing; showing the "Nothing is playing" bar at the top of the screen. The biggest time I've seen it happen is if the app is started after a video; but it's occurred whilst the app is open but the video was started with the keyboard too. This is quite common in that I'll start the video, then sit down with my phone and use that to pause if I need to.
Actually the now playing section uses json raw (9090 tcp). I wold try to look into it but its forking perfectly for us...

IAmNotAUser Wrote:Secondly, if I go inside any TV show to where I would expect the seasons to be listed, none are shown to me at all. I can see the individual shows and their posters fine, but nothing below that meaning it's impossible to start a episode with the app - increasing how annoying my first point is.
Fixed download v1.2.3 from appstore

IAmNotAUser Wrote:Thirdly, is it possible to have an option to change the display underneath the movies from a rating to something else, preferably the year but maybe also the tagline for the movie? My opinion of a movie rarely relates to how others have rated it so this really has no function to me.
You are sorting by rating thats why you get the rating text.. try sorting by year...

IAmNotAUser Wrote:Fourthly, is there a way to offer a button to go up one level inside TV Shows when browsing on the TV? This function was available in XBMC Controller either so I don't know if it's possible but I have disabled the "Up one level" option showing in my lists through advancedsettings and that means once I'm inside a show using the app I can only get back to the main screen. Selecting to go into TV Shows at that point takes me back in at the same point. To watch a different show I have to bring up the on-screen keyboard and press backspace.
There is a back button just use it it works perfectly for me... Did you change any key mappings in xbmc ?

IAmNotAUser Wrote:Finally, is it please possible to allow the display of banners instead of posters in the TV Shows list? I can choose the option of banner size in the options, but all that does is move the poster into the middle, not actually show the poster.
Yes go to host's select your host details and change tvshow thumbs from posters to banners...

IAmNotAUser Wrote:Thanks for this app; I'm really liking it at the moment - especially seeing XBMC Controller seems to have stopped development. Definitely already my main app for controlling my XBMC without getting up and will be amazing if all the things above are addressed! Smile
thx Smile

- rlphrts - 2011-07-22

FSS_Dawid Wrote:Version v1.2.3 is available to download @ appstore please update.

Hmm, i don't see it.. I'm in the Dutch app store btw..

Another question: I have done the in-app purchase on my iPad, but if I want the adds removed on my iPhone do I have to purchase it a second time?

- FSS_Dawid - 2011-07-22

rlphrts Wrote:Hmm, i don't see it.. I'm in the Dutch app store btw..
Apple has some trouble with appstore just download the current version witch is maked 1.2.2 and you will have 1.2.3 ... Smile the publishing process in not 100% finished...
rlphrts Wrote:Another question: I have done the in-app purchase on my iPad, but if I want the adds removed on my iPhone do I have to purchase it a second time?
Nope just go to iphone --> gopro --> restore purchase from the ipad version---> it will ask you if you wan't to purchase click yes --> you will get a message that you already bought this ... and wan't be charged...

- sb206 - 2011-07-22

Now i have the version 1.2.3 ut i dont see any movie. What is wrong?

- Archigos - 2011-07-23

@sb206,
As I upgraded to 1.2.3 while the AppStore wasn't updating the version number, I'm not sure if you did it at the same time or if they have fixed that yet and show the right version. Anyway, the point is, here are my suggestions:

If you upgraded 1.2.2 > 1.2.3 in place (did NOT remove 1.2.2) than I would go into the config and select "Remove database" wait a few minutes, then select "Resync local data" and give that some time (pending on how much media you have). The App may appear to crash (simple close) if you have a large library, but just reopen it and you'll be fine. Once the new sync finishes everything should be good.

If you deleted 1.2.2 and installed 1.2.3 from scratch, open the app and do "Resync local data" from config and give it a little bit of time. If your movies don't show up after this sync finishes, I'd suggest going to the system running XBMC and Close/Reopen it (sometimes it helps) or (especially if running on a Windows PC) reboot the computer for the hell of it, XBMC tends to hog a lot of RAM and occasionally gets 'stuck'.

-----EDIT-----
Woohoo.... 100th post...
The things that amuse a person while hooked up to a machine for spinal therapy... Big Grin

- Burbulence - 2011-07-23

Hi,

First great app love the UI, leagues apart from the other xbmc remote apps out there!

I've following this post for a while as been having the same issues as everyone else regarding the tv series error in the previous version and have updated to v1.2.3 which has solved all the errors except for one series and I can't get my head round it!
Ive tried to remove the show update the library to get rid etc, and then rescan to get it back in the db, but keeps putting all the episodes in the 'specials' folder as season 00, and if I remove the specials folder completely I can see the season art but they are all empty.
If I browse to the show in folder view they are all listed correctly in season folders and can watch them that way, any ideas would be great,

Thanks

- justinmarley - 2011-07-24

Great app!!! Thanks for developing.

I just have a couple of questions (I'm using iPhone version):

- I'm sorry if Media Flags have been answered before, but I do not seem to be seeing any. They are clearly visible (sound, studio, rating, etc.) in XBMC, but not in Constellation as in the screenshots?

- Most of my media collection is ripped DVDs (video_ts folders). Is the only method to select DVD menu items by gesture commands or is there a plan to introduce arrow buttons and a select button?

- I assume the film strip icon is to load the trailer, but everytime I select that Constellation crashes. Is the trailer supposed to play in XBMC or Constellation? When I click it, a new window opens in the phone, so I assume it's supposed to play in Constellation, but that's when the app crashes.

Thanks for the help.

Great app, couple of requests - tdenovan - 2011-07-24

I love the app, easily the best xbmc remote I've used so far. I do have a couple of requests (wishes):

- when browsing tv shows and selecting one, clicking the x to return to the list resets the scroll to the top of the tv shows list. It would be great to return to the last position rather than having to re-scroll through the list.
- it would be awesome to have YouTube subscriptions in the app

Once again, great app. Congratulations.

- mondychan - 2011-07-24

Helloguys, Im looking for an advice.

I have v. 10.1 git:e9e9099 compiled on Mar 8 2011 installed on my media center pc and Im trying to sync the 1.2.3 version of Constellation withit. I can connect toxbmc witout problems (remote funcs,youtube and even music library), but cant seem to synch movies and tv shows. I tryed restarting both machine and my iPad,reinstalling the app...and yet,still cant synch my libraries on the device.

Is there anybody with knowledge how to fix the issue?? Smile)

I have ipad1 with 4.3.2 ios, to provide u with full info Smile)Big Grin

- leafnode - 2011-07-24

I have the same error as Burbulence - if series has specials, all the episodes are visible under "specials", with '0' as series number. I can click on other seasons, the art changes, but that's it.

- IAmNotAUser - 2011-07-24

FSS_Dawid Wrote:Fixed download v1.2.3 from appstore
This became available to me as an update this morning (UK App Store) so I updated in place. Had some issues with the databases not appearing. Even tried deleting the app and reinstalling. Had to delete database and then resync as per Archigos's post multiple times and only TV has synced across so far, no movies at all. I've also updated to the latest nightly today too but still the same problems.

FSS_Dawid Wrote:Actually the now playing section uses json raw (9090 tcp). I wold try to look into it but its forking perfectly for us...
I'll play around with it some more this week when I'm playing things and see if I can cause it to reproduce consistently to help you with bug fixing it.

FSS_Dawid Wrote:You are sorting by rating thats why you get the rating text.. try sorting by year...
I don't want to sort by year, I want it alphabetical. I did have it set to sort by label though, not by rating and it was still showing the rating. I'll see if 1.2.3 has fixed the problem once I get the movie database working.

FSS_Dawid Wrote:There is a back button just use it it works perfectly for me... Did you change any key mappings in xbmc ?
I'm going to check and see if this is skin related. If you mean the back button as the "x" at the tope of the list in the dropdown controls then that definitely takes me from choosing a season right out to the home screen in one go. But as I said before, it did the same with XBMC Controller so it might be something wrong with Neon as I haven't changed any key mappings, and the backspace key works perfectly.

FSS_Dawid Wrote:Yes go to host's select your host details and change tvshow thumbs from posters to banners...
Yea, I did that - and as I said in my first post it just moves the picture into the centre of the bar, it doesn't display the banner image.

Movies not showing - Hoskarsson - 2011-07-24

Archigos Wrote:@sb206,
As I upgraded to 1.2.3 while the AppStore wasn't updating the version number, I'm not sure if you did it at the same time or if they have fixed that yet and show the right version. Anyway, the point is, here are my suggestions:

If you upgraded 1.2.2 > 1.2.3 in place (did NOT remove 1.2.2) than I would go into the config and select "Remove database" wait a few minutes, then select "Resync local data" and give that some time (pending on how much media you have). The App may appear to crash (simple close) if you have a large library, but just reopen it and you'll be fine. Once the new sync finishes everything should be good.

If you deleted 1.2.2 and installed 1.2.3 from scratch, open the app and do "Resync local data" from config and give it a little bit of time. If your movies don't show up after this sync finishes, I'd suggest going to the system running XBMC and Close/Reopen it (sometimes it helps) or (especially if running on a Windows PC) reboot the computer for the hell of it, XBMC tends to hog a lot of RAM and occasionally gets 'stuck'.

-----EDIT-----
Woohoo.... 100th post...
The things that amuse a person while hooked up to a machine for spinal therapy... Big Grin

I've tryed both solutions with no luck. Im running xbmc on atv2. The old version had problems with tv shows but now they are looking good but now there are no movies.

Regards.

- mondychan - 2011-07-24

mondychan Wrote:Helloguys, Im looking for an advice.

I have v. 10.1 git:e9e9099 compiled on Mar 8 2011 installed on my media center pc and Im trying to sync the 1.2.3 version of Constellation withit. I can connect toxbmc witout problems (remote funcs,youtube and even music library), but cant seem to synch movies and tv shows. I tryed restarting both machine and my iPad,reinstalling the app...and yet,still cant synch my libraries on the device.

Is there anybody with knowledge how to fix the issue?? Smile)

I have ipad1 with 4.3.2 ios, to provide u with full info Smile)Big Grin

I fixed the issue with removing one of my folders with movies from library and adding it again.

Resynced and it worked! Thanks for the app and I will consider buying full version! Smile Cheers!