Kodi Community Forum
Win One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: Win One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=105168)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC - kaffekask - 2012-08-30

I don't know if I understand you correctly, but I'll give it a try, correct me if I undestood something wrong.

(2012-08-29, 20:23)tim619 Wrote: I tried MakeMKV, but it just puts the dvd files in a MKV container so there is no difference between freeware dvd decrypter unless
you can run dvddecrypter automated.

As I see it' there's a couple of differences.
MakeMKV puts the different tracks (video, audio, subs, chapters) in a MKV container, that's the biggest advantage over DVD Decrypter imo.
You can run MakeMKV automated in a script.

(2012-08-29, 20:23)tim619 Wrote: handbrake can copy dvd too but without css decrypting. i heard that its possible with libdvdcss
(which is included in xbmc) maybe spinalcrack could take a look if i am right
I haven't used Handbrake, but as I've understood it you myst reencode with Handbrake since it can't make a 1:1 copy.
I personally see no reason to compress and get worse quality when I've payed money for a movie.

RE: One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC - magic_merkin - 2012-09-06

Wow this seems perfect for what I want.

Can't wait to try.

But unfortunately http://www.makemkv.com/ is suspended at the moment Sad

RE: One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC - Spinalcrack - 2012-09-06

(2012-09-06, 09:18)magic_merkin Wrote: Wow this seems perfect for what I want.

Can't wait to try.

But unfortunately http://www.makemkv.com/ is suspended at the moment Sad

Ya not sure what's up with that.. hopefully they pay their hosting bill and get back online soon. In the meantime you can google search for mirrors. Here is one for example:

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MakeMKV

Click on "Download from our site (direct link) (5.2MB)"

Cheers

RE: One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC - magic_merkin - 2012-09-10

Thanks Spinalcrack.

I'm 20 dvds in!

RE: One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC - Spinalcrack - 2012-09-10

(2012-09-10, 01:17)magic_merkin Wrote: Thanks Spinalcrack.

I'm 20 dvds in!

WOOT! Awesome man. Enjoy AutoRipDVD!

Also, looks like http://www.makemkv.com is back online Smile

RE: One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC - matt_0978 - 2012-09-11

Ok, for this to work does either/or both xbmc need to be running in compatibility mode/as administrator? you see when i first ran it from xbmc I got an error:

exception eolesyserror in module bla-bla-bla, error accessing the ole registry

so i ran it from the vbs script, it beeped at the end and ejected the disk but I have an empty %moviename% folder in c:\%userprofiles%\Videos

my AutoRipDVD.bat file:

Quote:@echo offSetlocal enableextensions
::*********************************************************************************************
::*** AutoRipDVD is brought to you by Spinalcracker
::*********************************************************************************************
::
::*** Change the following variables to match your setup
::*** DriveLetter=The drive letter of your DVD or Blu-Ray drive ie. D: or G: etc
::------------------------------
Set DriveLetter=D:
::*** RipDir=Where you want your DVD ripped to ie. your xbmc movie folder *BE SURE TO INCLUDE TRAILING \
Set RipDir=C:\Users\matt_0978\Videos\
::*** IntDir=Where you installed MakeMKV to
::----------------------------------------
Set IntDir=C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV
::----------------------------------------
::*** ScriptPath=Where the files for this script are located with trailing "\" ie. Where AutoRipComplete.vbs & Beep.vbs are located *BE SURE TO INCLUDE TRAILING \
::------------------------------------
Set ScriptPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD\
::*** RipMinSeconds=Minimum time in seconds that should be ripped off disk to avoid getting previews etc. Default is 3600 seconds or 1 hour
::---------------------
Set RipMinSeconds=3600
::---------------------
::*** Using Handbrake to compress - Yes or No?
Set Handbrake=No
::*** Sets the install path to handbrake
Set Handbrakepath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Handbrake\
::*** Sets the level of compression in Handbrake so unless you really know what you are doing, do NOT adjust this next setting!
Set X264=b-adapt=2:rc-lookahead=50:me=umh:bframes=5:ref=6:direct=auto:trellis=2Confusedubq=10:psy-rd=1.0,0.10:analyse=all
::*** Sets the format of the new compressed file, so again, unless you know what you are doing, please leave it as mkv!
Set FORMAT=--optimize --format mkv
::*** Sets the quality to something visually appealing but in a small files size - play with this if your outcome isn't to your liking
Set QUALITY=--ab 64 --mixdown stereo --quality 23 -e x264 -x %X264%
::*** Sets the output to 720p resolution - change if you prefer something else
Set SIZE=--width 1920 --height 1080
::******* DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING BELOW THIS!!!!!!************************************************

::For /f %%# In ('Mountvol^|Findstr [d-z]:\\') Do (
:: Fsutil fsinfo drivetype %%#|Find "CD-ROM">Nul&&(Set "CDROM=%%~d#"))
::If Not Defined CDROM call :NoDrive

for /f "tokens=1-5*" %%1 in ('vol %DriveLetter%') do (
set volid=%%6 & goto processcontd
)

:processcontd
set nospace=%volid%
echo [%nospace%]
echo.
for /f "tokens=* delims= " %%A in ('echo %nospace% ') do set nospace=%%A
set nospace=%nospace:~0,-1%
echo [%nospace%]
set volid=%nospace%
echo: %volid%

set str=%volid%
echo.%str%
set str=%str:_= %
echo.%str%
set volid=%str%
If "%volid%"=="_= " call :NoDrive

Echo:Ripping %volid% now...

mkdir "%RipDir%%volid%"

cd /d "%ScriptPath%"
OSDAutoRip.hta

cd /d "%IntDir%"
makemkvcon64.exe --minlength=%RipMinSeconds% mkv disc:0 all "%RipDir%%volid%"

SET _tmpPath="%RipDir%%volid%"
cd /d %_tmpPath%
for %%i in ("title*.mkv") do (set fname=%%i) & call :rename

If %Handbrake%==Yes call :HBEncode

cd /d "%ScriptPath%"
AutoRipComplete.vbs
cscript Beep.vbs
exit

:NoDrive
cd /d "%ScriptPath%"
cscript Beep.vbs
NoDiskDrive.hta
AutoRipComplete.vbs
exit

:HBEncode
cd /d "%Handbrakepath%"
HandBrakeCLI -v0 -i "%RipDir%%volid%" -o "%RipDir%%volid%\%volid% 720p.mkv" %FORMAT% %QUALITY% %SIZE%
cd /d %_tmpPath%
del "%volid%_*.mkv"

:rename
::Cuts off 1st 5 characters of fname, then appends prefix
ren %fname% "%volid%"_%fname:~5%

Running MakeMV as standalone this might be my problem:

Code:
MakeMKV v1.7.7 win(x64-release) started
Using direct disc access mode
Complex multiplex encountered - 16 cells and 9802 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Title #0 (1:25:43) was skipped due to navigation error
Title #1 has length of 31 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Failed to open disc

RE: One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC - magic_merkin - 2012-09-12

Oh and anyone who want's to bulk rename the folders/files output in one go I recommend this free software

http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/

I used it to append

.DVD.

to the file, to have DVD flags (icons) appear in my skin:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Media_flags

Also I used it to remove the _00 from the file and standardise the folder names.

80 dvd's down and all going fine, more to come. Moved them to my NAS/HTPC and sat there and watched them all scrape in. It's great to have all my media in one place now. I don't have a drive in my HTPC, so havn't done the copy from XBMC, just my PC. Unsure how some of these finished file and folder names would have scraped though unedited though.

RE: One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC - kaffekask - 2012-09-12

(2012-09-11, 16:59)matt_0978 Wrote: Running MakeMV as standalone this might be my problem:

Code:
MakeMKV v1.7.7 win(x64-release) started
Using direct disc access mode
Complex multiplex encountered - 16 cells and 9802 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Title #0 (1:25:43) was skipped due to navigation error
Title #1 has length of 31 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Failed to open disc

Try with another disc, that one seems to have errors that MakeMKV can't solve.

RE: One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC - Spinalcrack - 2012-09-14

(2012-09-12, 19:09)kaffekask Wrote: Try with another disc, that one seems to have errors that MakeMKV can't solve.

Agreed. Something is up with that disc.

RE: One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC - Hogman62 - 2012-09-22

Spinalcrack, thanks again for the help earlier and the script! I have a couple of other things that maybe you can help with. Like I said before, I'm trying to set up XBMC to be as fool proof as possible for someone that is NOT computer literate.

First question...we won't be using the bluray drive in the XBMC machine for anything other than ripping with your script and MakeMKV so is there any way to have your script run automatically when the disc is put in?

My other question....when it does get the movie name wrong from the disc, is there a way to open the folder with the movie files in it from within XBMC to manually rename the file without having to exit out of XBMC and do it within Windows. You know...for the non computer literate people.

Again...I'm just trying to make this "idiot" proof. Put the disc in...it rips it and autoupdate will add it to the library. If name is wrong...click menu selection and folder with movies in it opens. Rename mkv file and close. Now you're back at XBMC menu ready to go. Thanks again for the script and any help you can offer.

RE: One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC - Spinalcrack - 2012-09-22

(2012-09-22, 18:57)Hogman62 Wrote: Spinalcrack, thanks again for the help earlier and the script! I have a couple of other things that maybe you can help with. Like I said before, I'm trying to set up XBMC to be as fool proof as possible for someone that is NOT computer literate.

First question...we won't be using the bluray drive in the XBMC machine for anything other than ripping with your script and MakeMKV so is there any way to have your script run automatically when the disc is put in?

My other question....when it does get the movie name wrong from the disc, is there a way to open the folder with the movie files in it from within XBMC to manually rename the file without having to exit out of XBMC and do it within Windows. You know...for the non computer literate people.

Again...I'm just trying to make this "idiot" proof. Put the disc in...it rips it and autoupdate will add it to the library. If name is wrong...click menu selection and folder with movies in it opens. Rename mkv file and close. Now you're back at XBMC menu ready to go. Thanks again for the script and any help you can offer.

Ok, to get the script to automatically run when inserting a disc can be tricky. First you will need another program that is often used with XBMC, and that is EventGhost. Its a free download. It is not for the feint of heart to use lol. Install it, and create a new macro. A popup will happen and choose Start Application. Browse to the where you have LaunchAutoRipDVD.exe and choose it. Leave the other options blank. Next click the play button at the top (green arrow) and open and close your drive with a disc in it. You should see on the left the drive being mounted event. If your drive is say D:, it will look like this:

Code:
System.DriveMounted.D

Left click and drag that event over to the macro you just made. Now every time the drive is mounted the script will run. You will have to make sure you set Eventghost to launch with windows. It'll probably take some tinkering to get this to work, so these are loose guidelines only, to get you started, but you can make this work using this method (I just can't test it out for you because I don't have your system, but I got it to work on mine).

To rename the files within XBMC, you can go to the Video's section, navigate to the file, and right click on it and choose rename. Then the on-screen keyboard will pop up and you can rename the file or folder. Renaming the folder and not just the file is important.

Good luck! Let me know how you make out.

RE: One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC - Hogman62 - 2012-09-23

Awesome...thanks Spinalcrack! Gives me something to do this weekend...like I don't already have enough. I'll let you know how I make out. Thanks again for the help...it's very much appreciated.

RE: One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC - Hogman62 - 2012-09-23

OK...I'm so close. It works great except when it launches your script it's opening the cmd window in front of the XBMC and turning XBMC menu into a full screen window instead of completely full screen. If I click on the XBMC screen somewhere the cmd window goes to the back and XBMC is full screen again. How do I stop it from doing that?

RE: One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC - Spinalcrack - 2012-09-23

(2012-09-23, 03:02)Hogman62 Wrote: OK...I'm so close. It works great except when it launches your script it's opening the cmd window in front of the XBMC and turning XBMC menu into a full screen window instead of completely full screen. If I click on the XBMC screen somewhere the cmd window goes to the back and XBMC is full screen again. How do I stop it from doing that?

Are you launching it with the .exe file or the .bat file? Try setting event ghost to use the opposite one you currently have it set to. I have written into the script code to not have happen what you have going on there so it's kinda weird. It may be, any time eventghost launches any program it creates that command prompt window, but there may be an option in eventghost to run silently and not show the cmd window.

Also try setting XBMC to run in windowed fullscreen mode, instead of true fullscreen. That way worst case, you'll still get the cmd window, but it won't resize xbmc etc.

I didn't notice before that there was a choice to run the file in hidden mode. I'll try that. Thanks again! This is almost getting easy enough for my 84 year old mother to operate....almost!