Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] XeeBo - Eden (PVR support) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: XeeBo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=140)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] XeeBo - Eden (PVR support) (/showthread.php?tid=105258)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

- Hitcher - 2011-12-24

1. You have to manually add them yourself in the Skin Settings.

2. You just cycle through the different options and press ENTER on the one you want to use and I'll be displayed on the right.

3. I'll have to remove that and update it to use the new Image Downloader addon.

- undeclinable22 - 2011-12-25

The current version (1.4.4) locks up the Eden Beta 1. Am I correct in assuming that the wrong version (Dharma) is currently in the official XBMC-repository?

- Hitcher - 2011-12-25

1.4.4 is from the Dharma repo; the pre-Eden repo has the correct one - 2.4.4.

- da-anda - 2011-12-25

Hitcher Wrote:2. You just cycle through the different options and press ENTER on the one you want to use and I'll be displayed on the right.

I also struggled with these settings the first time. This behaviour is quite odd actually. To change item two you click down to select it, but seem to be "locked" in the first item. Only after you reached the last option of it, the focus finally jumps to the next item in the list. This anything else then user friendly and I wouldn't have expected this in Xeebo actually, as it's so easy to use on all other places. Can't you change it that you can only switch between options using the up/down arrows on the right side of the "dropdown" and place a "select" button right next to it where one has to click on to actually select/activate that option? I could do a mockup if you don't konw what I mean.

Some bugs I noticed:
  • In the german translation on your movie set support. I'm not sure if you misused a existing label that's also called "set" (from to set something) or if only the german translation is wrong. Instead of "Sammlung" (~ a set/collection) it says "Einstellen" (~ to set/adjust).
  • On the home screen, clicking on the "favourite items" panel itself actually triggers a wrong view. IIRC it was the "favourite items" panel, but could have also been some other.

Feature suggestions:
  • would it be possible to have more Icons on the home screen by making them scrollable? 12 instead of 6 maybe
  • support for weather+ would be nice, so that one can also see the weather maps and videos (just recently found out about that cool feature of weather+)
  • a "addons" option would be nice for the home screen in addition to the favourites. Currently you first have to add a addon to the favs in order to add it to the home screen - would be cool if we could select one directly

Thanks for this great skin.

- unabatedshagie - 2011-12-25

Feature request.

Would it be possible to add the season and episode number to the info screen that shows when a video is playing?

- Hitcher - 2011-12-26

da-anda Wrote:I also struggled with these settings the first time. This behaviour is quite odd actually. To change item two you click down to select it, but seem to be "locked" in the first item. Only after you reached the last option of it, the focus finally jumps to the next item in the list. This anything else then user friendly and I wouldn't have expected this in Xeebo actually, as it's so easy to use on all other places. Can't you change it that you can only switch between options using the up/down arrows on the right side of the "dropdown" and place a "select" button right next to it where one has to click on to actually select/activate that option? I could do a mockup if you don't konw what I mean.

I'll have to overhaul it before I push for Eden; it's hard trying to get multi-select options that work for all three input types and I was hoping skins would use addon settings for Eden.

da-anda Wrote:In the german translation on your movie set support. I'm not sure if you misused a existing label that's also called "set" (from to set something) or if only the german translation is wrong. Instead of "Sammlung" (~ a set/collection) it says "Einstellen" (~ to set/adjust).

That'll be because I used the XBMC language string for that label; I'll move it to the skin's language strings.

da-anda Wrote:On the home screen, clicking on the "favourite items" panel itself actually triggers a wrong view. IIRC it was the "favourite items" panel, but could have also been some other.

Noted.

da-anda Wrote:would it be possible to have more Icons on the home screen by making them scrollable? 12 instead of 6 maybe

I've tried (too) many times to get more items working for the home screen but the problem is when you're focused on the bottom row I have to use a dummy list for the third row so the pop up info lays over it. Trying to get it to actually move/display different items when there's more than 6 is, as far as I can see, impossible. I've wasted days trying different workarounds with no satisfactory results.

da-anda Wrote:support for weather+ would be nice, so that one can also see the weather maps and videos (just recently found out about that cool feature of weather+)

Weather+ is currently supported for all the different forecasts but not the features you mention. I may drop it altogether in the future as it's a big task keeping it up-to-date with the constant changes.

da-anda Wrote:a "addons" option would be nice for the home screen in addition to the favourites. Currently you first have to add a addon to the favs in order to add it to the home screen - would be cool if we could select one directly

Again, I was hoping Eden would let skins use addons settings which would make adding these options a lot easier on skinners but I'll try and have a look at it soon.

- whitman - 2011-12-28

First off, thank you soo much for this project.. you are doing an incredible job. I'm running Eden beta on an ATV2, installed Xeebo from the repo and have found the context menu button (long press "menu" on atv remote) to be intermittent. In fact, I believe it's fairly solid to launch context menu while watching a show, but when in the folder/media listings most times it just handles it as a normal menu (back) press. I've tried a few remotes (in case it is a faulty button) with no impact.

This is a thread about context menu launch on atv2 allegedly being impacted by the skin, as it works consistently on one skin and not through another. Is this even a possibility? The most problems I've had are when trying to pull up context menu on a source, in order to re-scan it.

- Hitcher - 2011-12-29

I'm sorry I can't help; maybe ask in the ATV forum?

- whitman - 2011-12-29

Hitcher Wrote:I'm sorry I can't help; maybe ask in the ATV forum?

After more testing, the launching of the context menu does work consistently in other skins, but xeebo doesn't seem to want to play along. I will check out atv forums and thanks for your help, and thank you soo much for such a great skin.

- undeclinable22 - 2011-12-30

Just a small 'typo':

In the 'Transfer file window', the speed is shown in Mb/s instead of MB/s.

- Hitcher - 2011-12-31

That's handled by XBMC.

- dsim - 2012-01-06

Hitcher this skin is amazing for apple remote.

i have few suggestions.

1. could you ad on song list view on the right side the duration of the songs insted of rating?
2. could you ad a cdart on song list view as on aeon nox?
3. is it possible to have custom menu on the right side, or do you think it ist not needed because there is favourites menu item?

4. is it possible to have movies and tv shows separately on the right side, outside the videos menu?

- blimeyy - 2012-01-06

Hi Hitcher,

Xeebo is amazing! Thank you for making this skin.

Is it possible to put some kind of visual separation between different seasons when we view tv episodes in the "all seasons" view?

something like this

-----Season 1------
filename episode 1
filename episode 2
-----Season 2------
filename episode 1
filename episode 2
-----Season 3------

thanks

- Pancakez - 2012-01-07

There is a bug in skin settings Home options where I can't adjust any of the custom items. It just keeps scrolling down through all the options and the only way I can get out of it is to scroll all the way back up or press left.

- unabatedshagie - 2012-01-07

Pancakez Wrote:There is a bug in skin settings Home options where I can't adjust any of the custom items. It just keeps scrolling down through all the options and the only way I can get out of it is to scroll all the way back up or press left.

That's not a bug, it's how it should work.

The part that scrolls is the selection, the part on the right is what actually shows on the homescreen (a little confusing I agree)