Kodi Community Forum
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available (/showthread.php?tid=106629)

- mika91 - 2011-09-13

oldpainless Wrote:Yep - it is. I use the latest build as my main HTPC, and using ffdshow to upscale everything to 1080p is just awesome, mixed with shaders 18 & 21 and reclock..sheer PQ joy.

K
If i understand, it's impossible to use dxva (ffdshow or coreavc) and ffdshow upscale filter together. Sad

So I see 2 solutions:
1) Software only processing with ffdshow (sharper/level/resize)
2) ffdshow-dxva + use DSplayer resize shader (automaticly loaded) + shader 18/21

Am I correct ?
Is the dsplayer upscaler good enough for resize 720p to my 1080 projector?

Thanks

- LordMerlin - 2011-09-13

How to enable shader's in DSPlayer?

- sergiocos - 2011-09-13

reading first post (there's a wiki link there)

- >>X<< - 2011-09-13

alexrose1uk Wrote:DSPlayer doesn't use XBMC's internal filters and video settings.

XBMC's adjust framerate option would only work if you used the included DVDPlayer rather than DSPlayer IIRC.

I really do love DSPlayer, I wish it was still in development, as it was so close to 'done'. There's a few bits that could do with some further refinement as some of my files (and I reckon its the subs that do it) cause a player crash, but overall I get a much better experience with it than DVDPlayer right now; which I only keep as a backup for those files that don't like DSPlayer as its annoying to have to reset the PC Smile

I've not tested this latest build yet, but providing I don't notice any issues with network control, I'll likely be upgrading once I finish upgrading my HTPC later this week Smile

What are you referring to because there is no adjust frame rate in XBMC there is "adjust refresh rate" which works perfectly using DSPlayer and " sync playback to display"

If you think subs are the problem with certain files then demux them and see if they still play, which filter is having the problem should be visible in a debug log anyway

- oldpainless - 2011-09-13

mika91 Wrote:If i understand, it's impossible to use dxva (ffdshow or coreavc) and ffdshow upscale filter together. Sad

So I see 2 solutions:
2) ffdshow-dxva + use DSplayer resize shader (automaticly loaded) + shader 18/21

Am I correct ?

Thanks

If you've got the horsepower, dump trying to use dxva and use ffdshow to upscale everything to 1080p using lancoz (guide here http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=506464&postcount=2023)

K

- alexrose1uk - 2011-09-14

>>X<<' Wrote:What are you referring to because there is no adjust frame rate in XBMC there is "adjust refresh rate" which works perfectly using DSPlayer and " sync playback to display"

If you think subs are the problem with certain files then demux them and see if they still play, which filter is having the problem should be visible in a debug log anyway

Apologies, I was typing that at work, and yes I meant adjust rate. I had always been under the impression that non-DSPlayer XBMC settings didn't affect the DSPlayer, so if the refresh rate change does indeed work with XBMC then apologies.

I probably will do the above for testing at some point, sometimes a bit akward though as the PC doesnt usually have a mouse and keyboard attached. I can't remember a lot of the sections that crashed but I do remember one that always did so I'll probably cut it out with MKVToolnix and do some testing.

From memories when I first noticed this about a year ago, I did do some testing at the time with the debug log but it didnt really seem to help from memory Smile

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2011-09-14

Yeah adjust refresh rate works fine in win 7 using Rev553d719 but wouldn't work for me in XP and as this is just a merge I'm guessing these builds will behave the same way :confused2:

Really old builds it worked for me in XP lol

- alexrose1uk - 2011-09-14

Fair enough, I've just tried it with mine (as I am rebuilding my HTPC today - we have the technology, we can rebuild it [Bigger, Faster, Stronger!!] as they say!) and it is indeed working.

The bigger thing for me to note (beyond the UI switch round) though is that *touchwood*, it's working for me now!
I'm not sure its the combination of new card/drivers/software or whatever, but when refresh rate changes were involved, my xbmc/pc/AV amp used to disagree and the colour depth'd go to quirky quite often...and that doesn't seem to be happening anymore. Big Grin
Not sure if something has changed in the way the new GPU handles the refresh rate switches, the drivers, or in XBMC itself, but if this STAYS working, its an extremely pleasant unexpected benefit of the upgrade Big Grin

That's probably a bigger thing for me than anything else as it means I can watch all my media whether it be 23.96 or 29.97 relatively smoothly (bar the stupid VFR stuff) without having to adopt a one refresh rate fits all setup! WOOHOO!

It also means I can finally properly make use of the "pause whilst refresh rate changes" option that I originally wrote the ticket for and was lucky enough to get implemented into Dharma/Pre-Eden hahah Smile
(Really useful when you're using a Plasma which takes a few seconds to switch)

- mika91 - 2011-09-15

mika91 Wrote:If i understand, it's impossible to use dxva (ffdshow or coreavc) and ffdshow upscale filter together. Sad

So I see 2 solutions:

Am I correct ?

Thanks

I made some tests, and the best results (for me) are with ffdshow software only.
Bicubic shader upscaler is not quite as good as spline one, and sharpen complex 2 introduce a lot of artefacts and the algorithm seems to produce different corrections on two following frames, so results in motion are not good.

Using mpcvideodec dxva + bicubic shader + sharpen shader is good for the CPU (3% !!!) but the PQ is not good enough for a large screen.

So for me, it'll be ffdshow only, but maybe don't use or reduce sharpen.
My CPU (i3 2100t) is about 50-70% loaded (720p or 1080p). Quite high, but it seems ok.

And you, what are your settings ?

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2011-09-15

As far as upscaling is concerned why not use "Bicubic A=-0.60(PS 2.0)" with DXVA or CoreAVC you shouldn't need any sharpen with -0.60

I've compared "Bicubic A=-0.60(PS 2.0)" using it with DXVA and CoreAVC with software decoding using ffdshow and resize using lanczos with 3 taps and couldn't tell the difference

- mika91 - 2011-09-15

I tried bicubic A=-0.60, and it's a lot better than bilinear default resizer !
But ffdshow spline is more sharpen and most important, artefacts free.

I'll give another chance tonight to bicubic, without sharpen complex 2, to see if artefacts come with sharpen shader or bicubic one.

ffdshow video decoder for avi - nuane - 2011-09-17

Hi I have a little problem. I'm trying to use ffdshow video decoder instead of the mpc video decoder.

I used follow guide for my ffdshow settings and I'm happy with the results in mpc-hc, I would like to use the same settings in xbmc.
http://www.homecinema-hd.com/intro_en.html

I changed <video filter="mpcvideodec" /> to <video filter="ffdvideodec" /> in the mediaconfig.xml file. When I try to play a file it doesn't load.
For testing purposes I changed the mediaconfig file to use lavfilters, adding the filters to filterconfig and that is working perfectly.
I get the follow lines in my xbmc.log using ffdvideodec:

[HTML]11:27:12 T:3928 DEBUG: CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules All filters added to the graph
11:27:12 T:3928 DEBUG: CFGManager::RenderFileXbmc Successfully loaded filters rules
11:27:12 T:3928 INFO: CFGManager::RenderFileXbmc Loading filters rules. Elapsed time: 285.24ms
11:27:12 T:3928 DEBUG: CFGManager::ConnectDirect: Failed connecting AVI Source.Video 0.Type: pin to ffdshow audio decoder.In
11:27:12 T:3928 DEBUG: CFGManager::ConnectDirect: Succeeded connecting AVI Source.Video 0.Type:Video pin pin to ffdshow Video Decoder.In
11:27:13 T:3928 DEBUG: CFGManager::ConnectDirect: Failed connecting ffdshow Video Decoder.Out.Type: pin to ffdshow audio decoder.In
11:27:13 T:3928 DEBUG: CFGManager::ConnectDirect: Failed connecting ffdshow Video Decoder.Out.Type: pin to Xbmc EVR.EVR Input0
11:27:13 T:3928 DEBUG: CFGManager::ConnectDirect: Failed connecting ffdshow Video Decoder.Out.Type: pin to Default DirectSound Device.Audio Input pin (rendered)
11:27:13 T:3928 DEBUG: CFGManager::ConnectDirect: Failed connecting AVI Source.Video 0.Type: pin to Xbmc EVR.EVR Input0
11:27:13 T:3928 DEBUG: CFGManager::ConnectDirect: Failed connecting AVI Source.Video 0.Type: pin to Default DirectSound Device.Audio Input pin (rendered)
11:27:13 T:3928 DEBUG: CFGManager::ConnectDirect: Succeeded connecting AVI Source.Audio 1.Type:Audio pin pin to ffdshow audio decoder.In
11:27:13 T:3928 DEBUG: CFGManager::ConnectDirect: Failed connecting ffdshow audio decoder.Out.Type: pin to ffdshow Video Decoder.In Text
11:27:13 T:3928 DEBUG: CFGManager::ConnectDirect: Failed connecting ffdshow audio decoder.Out.Type: pin to Xbmc EVR.EVR Input0
11:27:13 T:3928 DEBUG: CFGManager::ConnectDirect: Succeeded connecting ffdshow audio decoder.Out.Type:Audio pin pin to Default DirectSound Device.Audio Input pin (rendered)
11:27:13 T:3928 INFO: CFGManager::RenderFileXbmc Connecting filters. Elapsed time: 421.67ms
11:27:13 T:3928 ERROR: CFGManager::RecoverFromGraphError Audio / Video error
Error in the audio rendering chain.
Ensure that the audio/video stream is supported by your selected decoder and ensure that the decoder is properly configured.[/HTML] .

Why am I getting this audio render chain error?
Could it be that the ffdshow settings cause the problem?
Or are my xbmc settings wrong?
I probably missing something help me.
Many thanks in advance.

- 0wing - 2011-09-17

x86 or x64 ffdshow?
If you have x64 installed then you should read the first post Smile.

Please post your mediasconfig, filtersconfig, complete debug log and the mediainfo of the file you're trying to play if you still have problems.

ffdshow video decoder for avi - nuane - 2011-09-17

win7, Ffdshow is x86 rev 3972. xbmc is the latest one. Here are my filtersconfig, mediasconfig, log and mediainfo.

filtersconfig:
http://pastebin.com/wVMaJNCe
mediasconfig:
http://pastebin.com/unhiWc2Q
xbmc.log:
http://pastebin.com/XPnnpsZx
mediainfo:http://pastebin.com/hzDWQ9Gn

Hope this helps and thanks.

- 0wing - 2011-09-18

It's probably the ffdshow settings from that page you linked, because there's nothing wrong with your dsplayer config.

That's the only thing I can think of at least.