Kodi Community Forum
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available (/showthread.php?tid=106629)

- >>X<< - 2011-10-06

@alexrose1uk

Why cant you update/replace the libsubs.dll when its in \system\players\dsplayer did I miss something ?

Do you have a lot of these files that cause a problem because I noticed they are ASS which can be easily converted to SRT with "Subtitle Workshop" or any other format it supports its just a simple case of opening the ASS and then saving them as SRT

Obviously if they are in the video file your have to demux the subs first using MKV Extract or similar which if there are lots might be a bit of a pain although its quite a fast process depending on your CPU

(Edit : Just remembered there's a app called "MKVcleaver" that works with "MkvToolNix" that would allow you to batch extract your chosen sub track from multiple files)

You could run them as external SRT or mux them back in maybe it wont have a problem with the same subs as SRT

- Soli - 2011-10-06

Now that the nightly windows build supports airplay and itunes , I think it is time for an updateSmile

- sergiocos - 2011-10-06

everybody thinks that, but we all have to be patient.

- alexrose1uk - 2011-10-06

>>X<<' Wrote:@alexrose1uk

Why cant you update/replace the libsubs.dll when its in \system\players\dsplayer did I miss something ?

Do you have a lot of these files that cause a problem because I noticed they are ASS which can be easily converted to SRT with "Subtitle Workshop" or any other format it supports its just a simple case of opening the ASS and then saving them as SRT

The problem is, as far as I'm aware the libsubs.dll is a custom subtitle engine put together by Tiben/Blinkseb rather than a standalone unit I could easily replace Sad
What I was going to do was see if I could implant MPC-HC's sub engine in .dll form but Im just not sure that'll work, especially without know how DSPlayer is put together or having much of a coding background.

I have a growing number of files in my library which cause this issue; and if I have to remux etc not only does it make the system a lot more work, ultimately Im not the only one using the HTPC, but am the only one who'd be willing etc to do it.

It's quite frustrating; as without taking either the files or DSPlayer apart, I'm not sure it's something I can fix, certainly the subtitle renderer settings seem to have no affect on the issue so it's not something easily fixable with a config change.

I've not completely given up, especially as otherwise I'm really really happy with my DSPlayer, it's just an extremely frustrating bug, especially if you discover it near the end of a show etc. So close and yet so far from perfection!

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2011-10-06

You would only need to demux and then use them as external SRT but I understand this would be a pain Eek

- blinkseb - 2011-10-06

alexrose1uk Wrote:The problem is, as far as I'm aware the libsubs.dll is a custom subtitle engine put together by Tiben/Blinkseb rather than a standalone unit I could easily replace Sad
What I was going to do was see if I could implant MPC-HC's sub engine in .dll form but Im just not sure that'll work, especially without know how DSPlayer is put together or having much of a coding background.

I have a growing number of files in my library which cause this issue; and if I have to remux etc not only does it make the system a lot more work, ultimately Im not the only one using the HTPC, but am the only one who'd be willing etc to do it.

It's quite frustrating; as without taking either the files or DSPlayer apart, I'm not sure it's something I can fix, certainly the subtitle renderer settings seem to have no affect on the issue so it's not something easily fixable with a config change.

I've not completely given up, especially as otherwise I'm really really happy with my DSPlayer, it's just an extremely frustrating bug, especially if you discover it near the end of a show etc. So close and yet so far from perfection!

libsubs.dll is already the mpc-hc subs engine adapted for dsplayer Wink I may have some time to look into your issue, but I can't be sure about that.

What should be done first is to update the sub engine with latest mpc-hc changes (LOTS OF works, since there're many changes between mpc-hc and libsubs, but should be doable with some patience and time). If there's still some issues, then a proper fix needs to be done.

I'll also add that, if nothing changed (it's was a long time ago :p), that DSPlayer is the only player to handle correctly handle .sup subtitles Wink But that's another story Wink

- alexrose1uk - 2011-10-06

If you did find time to fix it that would be amazingly awesome, and some well earned beer money would definately be on it's way to you! Let me know if you find time and want a test file; as I've got one about 70 megs I should be able to stick somewhere relatively easily.
Every other setup I've tried has way more niggles than my current XBMC/Android Remote setup, so I'd really prefer to remain XBMC DSPlayer Smile

- jpsdr - 2011-10-07

Is it possible to use last nightly build with DSplayer doing something like :
- Installing 2011-09-02 Rev#64dbb08
- Saving dsplayer directory
- Removing 2011-09-02 Rev#64dbb08
- Installing last nightly build
- Copying dsplayer directory in system\players
or, is it more complex than that ?
Any status about DVDCodecDirectshow ?

- vicmanpergar - 2011-10-07

That won't work, as far as i know, DSplayer is compiled and built in XBMC code.

- spleeker - 2011-10-11

does anyone know a solution to the following:

i'm using dsplayer in a true fullscreen mode to ensure smooth playback on all my video files in xbmc...i also have my system setup to use cyberlink to play dvd and bd discs in my drive.....if i start xbmc and immediately play the disc, it minimizes xbmc and plays the movie fine in the external player.....however, if i play a video in xbmc using dsplayer immediately after loading xbmc, stop it, and then try to play the disc in my drive, it just hangs and can't escape the fullscreen 'grip' it seems dsplayer put on xbmc.....if i try the same scenario with the stock xbmc 'dvdplayer', it doesn't have this issue...there must be some way to fix this...i can't get eventghost to detect any actions i could use to trigger a fix

- 0wing - 2011-10-13

I finally solved the merge probelms and without srewing anything up, I think at least.
The usual short tests worked, so here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/?4xue4efjiqb7gdh

- jpsdr - 2011-10-13

Owing : Does it mean it's an XBMC version with DSPlayer and up to date with nighty builds of 13/10/2011 ?

- 0wing - 2011-10-13

Yes

- jpsdr - 2011-10-13

Wonderfull !! I'll try it asap.
Do you know the status of subtitles ? As i'm watching only anime with my PC/XBMC it's critical, and only very recent nightly build finaly worked properly for almost all test files i have. Nevertheless, i've read there is sometime troubles with subtitles and DSPlayer.

- hentai23 - 2011-10-13

yall should perfectly implement this into the dsplayer built of xbmc with all the settings etc,then itd be heavenly bliss!!!

http://imouto.my/watching-h264-videos-using-compute-unified-device-architecture-cuda/