Kodi Community Forum
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available (/showthread.php?tid=106629)

- dlmh - 2011-11-17

The latest release of the LAV filters (0.39) seems to have fixed the random crash when starting playback of a new file from XBMC.

- clubwerks - 2011-11-17

>>X<<' Wrote:Yes it does I was talking about a reply from a dev as it was in Feature Suggestions

I think most people want optimum picture quality me included but if everybody cant use it then there's less chance its going to get added madvr would be pretty useless to people currently running 1080p or PVR on a nettop etc

If you read madshi's quote in hentai23 thread your see even bigger reason why its likely not to be added

If you think my views mean I'm in some way against madVR then you would be wrong I didn't by high end hardware to use low end software (not referring to xbmc) that makes no sense at all I also want the best PQ I can get

It wasn't an insult towards you, it was just meant to imply that most people will not choose to use the highest end, constant tinkering application, when something exists that just works and it's almost the same quality. That's my view of how most people operate.

Hell, if that wasn't true, why wouldn't everybody using nightlies just use DSPlayer nightly? DSPlayer is definitely better and it's built on nearly the same nightly they're already using.

- clubwerks - 2011-11-17

Speaking of random crashes, here's one.

If I use DSPlayer to play a show/movie and then I stop and try to use Play with .... MPC HC, XBMC/DSPlayer hijacks the screen (blank). I can hear the audio but no picture. I can exit MPC HC through the remote, but XBMC is now unstable and I end up having to use task manager to shut it down.

- jubilex - 2011-11-17

clubwerks Wrote:It wasn't an insult towards you, it was just meant to imply that most people will not choose to use the highest end, constant tinkering application, when something exists that just works and it's almost the same quality. That's my view of how most people operate.

Hell, if that wasn't true, why wouldn't everybody using nightlies just use DSPlayer nightly? DSPlayer is definitely better and it's built on nearly the same nightly they're already using.

Because it doesn't work for all of us. So far I've only found one build that works at all, the rest just blank the screen for a second when I hit "play" on a movie and then dump me back at the movie list. So I'm stuck with an older build falling behind on features.

Also, DSPlayer doesn't remember sub selection, and doesn't follow the new settings for sub placement (e.g. "bottom of video" rather than "bottom of screen").

- vicmanpergar - 2011-11-17

I don't find all that trouble with subs and setttings, honestly, and my DSPlayer doesn't throw me back to the movie list, though i have seem that before.
This is the reason i can tell u , it's all about configuration and filters. When DSplayer throws u back or have some kind of error, it's always specific to the machine it's working on, and the filters and how they are confgured.
I know this cos i have also spent hours, trying to fix that kind of problems, and at the end, did it and loving the result. But i understand , this is ALSO de worst thing DSPlayer has.
At the end, it's a matter of personal taste, i think, if u get me.

- jubilex - 2011-11-17

Don't get me wrong, if I could get DSPLayer to work, I would use it happily, since it would still be much better than using MPC-HC as an external player (no sub memory, no resume memory, brief glimpse of desktop before and after movie, no bookmarks or convenient OSD).

- clubwerks - 2011-11-17

jubilex Wrote:Because it doesn't work for all of us. So far I've only found one build that works at all, the rest just blank the screen for a second when I hit "play" on a movie and then dump me back at the movie list. So I'm stuck with an older build falling behind on features.

Also, DSPlayer doesn't remember sub selection, and doesn't follow the new settings for sub placement (e.g. "bottom of video" rather than "bottom of screen").

I noticed that the sub implementation is very finicky in DSPlayer. It doesn't remember. I also usually picks the wrong one.

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2011-11-17

DSPlayer will remember which movies have subs enabled on a per movie basis but it wont remember the sub stream selected but that doesn't matter because you can define this in Haali or LAV Splitter, LAV is better because it has forced sub options to

- steelman1991 - 2011-11-18

'Forced Subs' using any of the splitters in DSPlayer doesn't work mate. It does work though and the forced flag is recognised in the DVDPlayer.

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2011-11-18

I didn't mean forced subs would be automatically enabled I meant LAV would pre select the forced sub track but you still have to enable the subs manually in XBMC

In which case if you only use forced subs you can set LAV only to send that stream to xbmc and enable subs on as default for all movies

>>X<<' Wrote:I didn't mean forced subs would be automatically enabled I meant LAV would pre select the forced sub track but you still have to enable the subs manually in XBMC

In which case if you only use forced subs you can set LAV only to send that stream to xbmc and enable subs on as default for all movies
That was the whole point of my post though - it doesn't. In DSPlayer it just chooses to show subs where they are available, without recognising any pre-set configuration.

Yeah I knew what you meant but LAV has an option to deliver only forced subtitles so you can enable subs in XBMC/DSPlayer for all movies it wont play full sub streams even if they are enabled because it doesn't receive them it only gets the forced subs its like have subs enabled and playing a movie without subs, in any case I forgot this option in LAV is only for PGS subtitles

>>X<<' Wrote:Yeah I knew what you meant but LAV has an option to deliver only forced subtitles so you can enable subs in XBMC/DSPlayer for all movies it wont play full sub streams even if they are enabled because it doesn't receive them it only gets the forced subs its like have subs enabled and playing a movie without subs, in any case I forgot this option in LAV is only for PGS subtitles
One of us has clearly got the wrong end of the stick here (or we're from the same school of comprehension as bluray) Laugh - The option may be there but the reality is it doesn't work as you've described.

Forced subs chosen in LAV Splitter should recognise and show - only subs with the 'forced' flag set in the file - no other subs should be shown (which is I think what you are saying above) - this does not happen with LAV Splitter in DSPlayer.

Also why is it purely for PGS subtitles - LAV as far as I am aware is capable of more than just those type - either forced or otherwise and works to provide 'forced' only subs in other Direct Show players.

Go take a good look in LAV splitter properties there are different set up options for "Subtitle Selection Mode" and "BluRay Subtitles PGS"

"BluRay Subtitles PGS" have an option "Deliver only forced subtitles" that's different to purely defaulting to one stream whether that's just to a language or a forced sub

To be honest I don't really care

OK