Kodi Community Forum
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available (/showthread.php?tid=106629)

- AbMagFab - 2011-11-26

Well, I give up. Here's what I did:

- Installed latest ffdshow, and ran the audio config to check all the audio boxes
- Installed XBMC with DSPlayer from 11/21 (there was no option to install ffdshow)
- Created the advancedsettings.xml file

I tried both leaving the DSPlayer directory alone (since the files were newer than the MPC files I downloaded), and I tried copying them in. Nothing worked.

All I get when I click on an HD MPEG2, SD MPEG2, or 1080p MKV is a brief screen flash. If I run them with DVDPlayer, they work fine (with no HD audio).

Edit: Well, got it to play MKVs (tried the x32 MPC files), but wasn't getting any audio. Played with the Audio settings. Unfortunately, after all this, it's not playing HD audio, just the core DTS track! I've tried the DSPlayer files that came with XBMC, and the MPC x86 ones. No difference.

Edit 2: Okay, I'm a moron... MakeMKV by default didn't select the HD audio tracks... Re-MakeMKVing now, will test in a few.

I'm running Windows 7 x64, if that matters.

Anyone have any advice? This is really frustrating.

- AbMagFab - 2011-11-26

So assuming this works for MKVs, it's still not working for HD MPEG2 or SD MPEG2. Can I set it so that dsplayer in only the default for MKV files?

Edit: figured this out - edited playercorefactory.xml; I edited the one in system, but probably should have put one in the user data directory... Anyway, it's only using DSPlayer for MKVs now. I just need to get a DTS-HD and TrueHD MKV (properly MKVd) to test with. Should be soon...

- azaze1 - 2011-11-26

jubilex Wrote:Do you mean Aero in Win7 itself, or as far as the XBMC shortcut or XBMC setting goes?

I mean Aero in Win7 itself. If you use classic theme (aero off) and simply scroll through movie lists that go from left to right in XBMC you'll see plenty of tearing. I struggled with this a lot a few months back when I had decided in my new PC to just conserve resources and disable Aero. Couldn't figure out why things were tearing all over the place in movies and in any interface like XBMC....

Then I read somewhere that Windows VSYNC requires Aero for some reason. I turned that back on and VSYNC was back, no tearing anywhere... not in movies, nor UI/scrolling etc.

- AbMagFab - 2011-11-26

Okay, It all seems to be working for MKVs.

Last question for now - is there anyway to force a max refresh rate? I have native turned onfor 24p, but my 480i/p content switches to 60p, and I'd prefer either 480p or 1080i/p30.

Any way to prevent 1080p60 completely? I have Wimdows set to 1080p30, and unchecked 1080p60 in CCC.

Thanks in advance!

- acemt - 2011-11-27

>>X<<' Wrote:acemt

If you read my previous reply to your other question I said DSPLayer already has scaling/resizing, by default it should be on Bilnear but you have a choice of

Bilnear
Bilnear (PS 2.0)
Nearest neighbor
Bicubic A=0.60 (PS 2.0)
Bicubic A=0.75 (PS 2.0)
Bicubic A=1.00 (PS 2.0)

As I said before they can be used with any video decoder you like so your not tied to ffdshow your find them under video in the OSD labelled "Video Scaling Method" don't forget to set as default for all movies if you change it

I've compared ffdshow resizing using "Lanczos with 3 taps" against "Bicubic A=0.60 (PS 2.0)" and to my eye there's very little in it maybe you might get slightly better results using "Spline" in ffdshow

Poeple use to use ffdshow because those scaling options weren't available before and using VRM-9 or EVR without any scaling was absolute pants

Thanks X,

Didn't really understand the way it all worked. Now I "get it" . Will give the settings a change for tonights showing and see if I can tell the difference. Thanks to all who commented.

Mark

- AbMagFab - 2011-11-27

Okay, in pretty good shape now with MKVs. It can play everything I throw at it, native 24p, and full HD audio bitstreaming with no audio or video hiccups. Nice! (I'm using the 11-21 build.)

Has anyone got DSPlayer working with HD MPEG2 1080i files, or SD 480i/p files? Like 1:1 OTA video.

I'm having issues with DVDPlayer deinterlacing when using 30p output (seems to be fine at 60p output), and I wanted to try DSPlayer.

Alternatively, has anyone had any luck forcing 1080i30 (not 1080p30) output for 1080i/480i/p source content? I can't see an i/p option in this:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=AdvancedSettings.xml#.3Cvideo.3E

Thanks in advance!

- jubilex - 2011-11-27

Thanks for the suggestions. With Aero enabled, tearing is gone. Using Lav or CoreAVC, CUDA shows as enabled even when watching on the Intel output, and CPU usage is now in the 18-25% range. Unfortunately DSPLayer is still dropping frames, although it's not as bad. As usual, the same XBMC build using MPC as the external player, with the same filters/renderer, plays back perfectly (CPU usage with that configuration is a bit lower, in the high teens).

The upshot is that using Lav/CoreAVC, the cpu usage with DSplayer is less than half what it was with MPC and ffdshow, but I'm still getting choppier playback with DSplayer.

So, yeah, all roads lead back to DSplayer being the problem with seemingly no solution in sight.

P.S. Oddly, just tried outputting on Nvidia card, and while CPU is still maxing out at 25%, I am only getting 9fps with my test video. Same vid plays much much better on the Intel output with similar CPU usage, contrary to most other configurations I've tried.

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2011-11-27

jubilex Wrote:P.S. Oddly, just tried outputting on Nvidia card, and while CPU is still maxing out at 25%, I am only getting 9fps with my test video. Same vid plays much much better on the Intel output with similar CPU usage, contrary to most other configurations I've tried.

Is your fps always wrong in DSPlayer? I've experienced this when having the wrong audio device set

Go into Settings > Video > DSPlayer and change the "Audio Renderer" to "Default Directshow Device" just to see if it makes a difference, you could also try setting your audio filters to output analogue instead of using passthrough see if that makes any difference if it does at least its a step closer

- jubilex - 2011-11-27

I don't have any audio setting options under settings>dsplayer, just renderer choice. When using a display on the Nvidia (with all audio settings the same), when I hit O to pull up codec info, the "real FPS" shows as 10-12 and the fps under "W" at the bottom of the info list says about the same. CPU usage is still low and Cuvid still shows as active. When I switch to a display on the on-board Intel, FPS in both areas shows correctly and playback is mostly smooth.

This is really baffling. With Lav or CoreAVC and CUDA enabled, I get almost smooth playback on the onboard Intel graphics, but it's completely unwatchable on the Nvidia discrete graphics -- even though I thought the whole point of CUDA was to make use of Nvidia features.

Having dsplayer correctly play Bluray rips in folder form (bdmv and certificate) - Nubianxbmc - 2011-11-28

All of my backup BR Rips are in Bluray folder form, not mkv and not iso. Is it possible to make them playable with HD Audio with dsplayer and what is needed by me? I think I will have to make an association with bdmv files so it knows what to launch but I need help with this. I have been having trouble for 3 days with no success.

MPC plays all media fine so my codecs are working ok. When I am in XBMC is where the problem starts.

If it does not play the file types, what should I do with the folders? Make them into mkvs? And if so, what is the best / quickest way to do this. These folders are on average 25 gig each so I would prefer not to have to do this.

Any assistance would be appreciated!! XBMC is the program for HTPCs and I love it to death! Thank you in advance.

Nubian122

- ZERO &lt;ibis&gt; - 2011-11-28

I have issues where DSPlayer will not display and crash during playback of some types of subtitles. This seams to occur with files that have a lot of subs and or heavy typesetting. In other cases there are issues where subs do not display properly. What sort of options do I have to mitigate this issue? Is there anything I can do to gain more control over subtitle decoding as to eliminate this problem?

Thanks!

- vicmanpergar - 2011-11-28

@Nubianxbmc

DSPlayer (and xbmc) is not going to play ur BD with menus, so, having them in Bluray folders will not make any difference. XBMC will only play as much as the main movie. But u can configure DSPlayer to play the main movie if u want (that is actually a .m2ts file). The movie is the longest file in BDSM/STREAM path. Actually u could delete the rest and just leave that file, and the result would be the same.
Only way u will be able to play the complete structure with menus, is with an external player (in this case Total Media Theater or Power DVD)

- bluray - 2011-11-28

vicmanpergar Wrote:The movie is the longest file in BDSM/STREAM path. Actually u could delete the rest and just leave that file, and the result would be the same.
Please don't do this!

There are bluray movies with multiple m2ts files for just the main movie. The easiest way to find out how many m2ts files are in the main movie is by using BDInfo. BDInfo will sort all the m2ts files into MPLS file. The MPLS file with the longest lenght usually is the compiled of main movie m2ts files. When you click on MPLS file, it'll show you how many m2ts file in it. If bluray movie with a single m2ts file, it will show a single m2ts file in MPLS.

- vicmanpergar - 2011-11-28

Aps, sorry about that, never found that case, bluray.

- deh2k7 - 2011-11-28

bluray Wrote:Please don't do this!

There are bluray movies with multiple m2ts files for just the main movie. The easiest way to find out how many m2ts files are in the main movie is by using BDInfo. BDInfo will sort all the m2ts files into MPLS file. The MPLS file with the longest lenght usually is the compiled of main movie m2ts files. When you click on MPLS file, it'll show you how many m2ts file in it. If bluray movie with a single m2ts file, it will show a single m2ts file in MPLS.

There are quite a number of BluRays like this - it's called seamless branching. Some more recent examples are Fast Five, Hanna, all of the Star Wars recently released on BR, Pirates of the Caribbean 4, Harry Potter 7 part 1 (but curiously not part 2).