Kodi Community Forum
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available (/showthread.php?tid=106629)

- tiben20 - 2011-12-07

deh2k7 Wrote:I can say with certainty that BDMV folders works well with LAV filters. Might want to check the LAV site to see if there's any coexistence issues with ffdshow (my gut tells me there isn't).
Since i am the initial developer of the lav source filter i'm in good position to correct you on this. ffdshow as a lot of modification done in their ffmpeg codecs to be able to work with many splitters that came out way before LAV.
Those modification don't always match for every codec. For example h264 codecs are using different extra data in their headers. This can be tricky when it comes to work with many different video samples.
So basically they can coexist but some files can get some problems when it come to connecting the filters

- clubwerks - 2011-12-07

tiben20 Wrote:Since i am the initial developer of the lav source filter i'm in good position to correct you on this. ffdshow as a lot of modification done in their ffmpeg codecs to be able to work with many splitters that came out way before LAV.
Those modification don't always match for every codec. For example h264 codecs are using different extra data in their headers. This can be tricky when it comes to work with many different video samples.
So basically they can coexist but some files can get some problems when it come to connecting the filters

Thank you for your work on the LAV filters. There's nothing I can't throw at those filters just doesn't work.

- tiben20 - 2011-12-07

clubwerks Wrote:Thank you for your work on the LAV filters. There's nothing I can't throw at those filters just doesn't work.
you have to thank nevcairel. I only written the first version of the demuxer. I'm only good at starting to project i lose interest when the big challenge of making work in the first place is done.

- liquidskin76 - 2011-12-07

TIBEN... you're back!! Does this mean you're going to start developing dsplayer again!!!! Wink

Only joking of course! Good to see you posting again.

Cheers

- tiben20 - 2011-12-07

liquidskin76 Wrote:TIBEN... you're back!! Does this mean you're going to start developing dsplayer again!!!! Wink

Only joking of course! Good to see you posting again.

Cheers
is there something to fix at least?

- acemt - 2011-12-07

tiben20 Wrote:Since i am the initial developer of the lav source filter i'm in good position to correct you on this. ffdshow as a lot of modification done in their ffmpeg codecs to be able to work with many splitters that came out way before LAV.

Thanks Tiben,

I am a little confused though....still. Sorry. Should I dump FFdshow and just use Lav filters? I am using FFdshow and it is working great with audio, but it would be nice if I could play Blu-ray without having to convert to .mkv.
Can I get HD audio working with just LAV filters and not use FFdhow at all?

Thanks

- alexrose1uk - 2011-12-07

Tiben!! Welcome back!

If you DO decide to pick up anything to revisit the DSPlayer project, I'm sure you can pick up a wishlist from this thread alone fairly quickly Smile

Personal wishlist would be:
1) Better subtitle support; the player crashes when combined with some subtitles are more or less the sole reason I shifted away from XBMC/DSplayer to Mediaportal and I'd happily come back, as I'm not as keen on Mediaportals layout, I think its a bit more bloated than I need etc
2) Ability to change audio stream.

I can always dream haha

But yeah if you ever did decide to return to DSplayer over the DSCodec player branch, I'm sure there's things you could do.
That the player is STILL being used and merged with the trunk by people so long after the project was officially dropped should tell you something Smile

@acemt
LAV Filters can definately bitstream. I'm using them with my mediaportal setup, and I can bitstream DTS-MA and DD-THD.

- ThickHead - 2011-12-07

ZERO <ibis>' Wrote:Does anyone know of a guide that could help me find the best settings for ffdshow audio decoder so that I can have the highest compatibility and the highest quality output?

I came across this one the other day, it provides alot of info on settings for several filters/codecs/renderers/players -> http://www.homecinema-hd.com/intro_en.html

I'm reading it now to learn more and see what all is involved, but haven't done it yet so I can't offer an experience for how well it results in "the best" settings. Actually I'd very much appreciate it if some of the local XBMC experts hanging around here would care to comment on it.

- SALAMINOMACHOS - 2011-12-07

tiben20 Wrote:is there something to fix at least?
Tiben good evening
I'm using LAV Filters 0.40 and my only problem is that i can not see the Greek Subtitles.
Even i use the Advanced Subtitle Selection Mode and i have in Subtitles "gre", they are not available
What i am doing wrong?
Thanks for your attention and your develpment as well.

- clubwerks - 2011-12-07

acemt Wrote:Thanks Tiben,

I am a little confused though....still. Sorry. Should I dump FFdshow and just use Lav filters? I am using FFdshow and it is working great with audio, but it would be nice if I could play Blu-ray without having to convert to .mkv.
Can I get HD audio working with just LAV filters and not use FFdhow at all?

Thanks

I use the latest LAV splitters/filter exclusively and I'm able to play back everything perfectly. Every file type I've tried and every audio format.

- vicmanpergar - 2011-12-07

@alexrose1uk

What do u mean with chaging audio stream?
I'm using DSplayer (with Lav, by the way,for matroska),and i never had any problem changing the language audio.....
Or did i get u wrong?

EDIT: Nice to see Tiben around, welcome back.... But i'm afraid we already scared him away guys!! lol

tiben20 Wrote:is there something to fix at least?

Now you've done it! The requests will start to flood in!

If it's possible, it would be great for the audio delay setting to work. At the moment it has no effect.

On a different note, what's your plans for dscodec? AudioEngine and dscodec together would be the business.

Good man.

- tiben20 - 2011-12-07

alexrose1uk Wrote:Tiben!! Welcome back!

If you DO decide to pick up anything to revisit the DSPlayer project, I'm sure you can pick up a wishlist from this thread alone fairly quickly Smile

Personal wishlist would be:
1) Better subtitle support; the player crashes when combined with some subtitles are more or less the sole reason I shifted away from XBMC/DSplayer to Mediaportal and I'd happily come back, as I'm not as keen on Mediaportals layout, I think its a bit more bloated than I need etc
2) Ability to change audio stream.

I can always dream haha

But yeah if you ever did decide to return to DSplayer over the DSCodec player branch, I'm sure there's things you could do.
That the player is STILL being used and merged with the trunk by people so long after the project was officially dropped should tell you something Smile

@acemt
LAV Filters can definately bitstream. I'm using them with my mediaportal setup, and I can bitstream DTS-MA and DD-THD.
can you provide not working samples for the subtitles and also sample for multi audio steam video. Even if i am natively speaking french, everything i have on my 8 tb of movie and tvshow is only english.

- tiben20 - 2011-12-07

liquidskin76 Wrote:Now you've done it! The requests will start to flood in!

If it's possible, it would be great for the audio delay setting to work. At the moment they have no effect.

On a different note, what's your plans for dscodec? AudioEngine and dscodec together would be the business.

Good man.
due to the complexity of the vsync stuff i prefer staying with dsplayer. Since the code for it is working. This could sounds like something small but believe me half of the code of a custom directshow renderer is for customized vsync.

tiben20 Wrote:due to the complexity of the vsync stuff i prefer staying with dsplayer. Since the code for it is working. This could sounds like something small but believe me half of the code of a custom directshow renderer is for customized vsync.

Ok, i understand. A lot of work went into dsplayer so it's good it hasn't died.

What do you think about the audio delay setting? Doable?

Cheers Wink