Kodi Community Forum
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available (/showthread.php?tid=106629)

- Mallet21 - 2011-12-18

You can also change the levels within CCC.

- jpsdr - 2011-12-18

A workaround for 16-235 is to put these settings :
Brightness : 56
Contrast : 43

- alexrose1uk - 2011-12-18

Thanks again for your hardwork Tiben, unfortunately I've been quite busy these last few days working late, so I haven't had a chance to test out the new build, although based on Ibis' feedback the bug is not entirely dead yet Smile

Hopefully we can get it killed!

- AbMagFab - 2011-12-18

Anyone have luck with the "Wizard of Oz" BluRay? The audio is horribly out of sync with the video, and at varies throughout the film so I can't just set an audio offset and have it work.

The variation is between 1 and 2 seconds ahead.

Any advice would be appreciated! Feel free to DM me if you don't want to post specifics in this thread.

Thanks in advance!

- ZERO <ibis> - 2011-12-18

alexrose1uk Wrote:Thanks again for your hardwork Tiben, unfortunately I've been quite busy these last few days working late, so I haven't had a chance to test out the new build, although based on Ibis' feedback the bug is not entirely dead yet Smile

Hopefully we can get it killed!

I would suggest to look for issues caused by heavy typesetting as it started after a scene which should have had heavy typesetting. In my case I have always found the subtitle issue presents itself in files that have a lot of typesetting.

Hopefully the issue can be resolved in the next few weeks in time for Nisemonogatari. As Nisemonogatari is going to likely have a ton of typesetting like its prequel Bakemonogatari did. Wink

- Waven - 2011-12-18

tiben20 Wrote:Some bug fixed and will be avaible in next version this include the chapters seeking bug and a bug with seeking with some mkv(subtitles were creating a deadlock).

So, tried the changes now. With your changes and the new UpdateChapters() method of 0wing chapter seeking works now with lavsource too! Thanks!

I had to revert your subtitle fixes otherwise xbmc kept freezing after stopping mkv movies with internal subtitles.

Cheers

- azaze1 - 2011-12-19

Mallet21 Wrote:You can also change the levels within CCC.

Thanks, but for quality reasons it's widely recommended to retain RGB FULL within the CCC settings to avoid redundant luma conversions.

- azaze1 - 2011-12-19

jpsdr Wrote:A workaround for 16-235 is to put these settings :
Brightness : 56
Contrast : 43

I've heard of this but I'd much prefer a 16-235 setting within XBMC in general so that the menu system while navigating the XBMC GUI looks correct.

Currently those brightness/contrast tweaks only take effect when playing content.

- ZERO <ibis> - 2011-12-19

azaze1 Wrote:I've heard of this but I'd much prefer a 16-235 setting within XBMC in general so that the menu system while navigating the XBMC GUI looks correct.

Currently those brightness/contrast tweaks only take effect when playing content.

Then why not make the tweaks on your display or applied to the output of your gpu directly...

- azaze1 - 2011-12-19

ZERO <ibis>' Wrote:Then why not make the tweaks on your display or applied to the output of your gpu directly...

It's again about avoiding conversions that reduce quality. Adjusting the output within CCC to RGB Limited causes banding. If I were to instead tweak my TV to look right for a 0-255 signal... then when I watch TV from the DVR everything will look messed up there since DVRs, and pretty much everything but a PC is sending TV levels.

- ZERO &lt;ibis&gt; - 2011-12-19

Then why not map it to a preset you can run when using the pc input...

Also you can still do it on the gpu level. I am not talking about in the cocex settings but on the output to the display directly.

What is it that you are doing to minimize banding anyways b/c now I am interested in seeing if I can improve my quality further.

- liquidskin76 - 2011-12-19

Hey azaze1,

Check out the renderersettings section in the wiki... http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO:Set_up_DSPlayer#Renderer_settings

There's an option to set the output range during playback.

Cheers

[EDIT:] Ok, just noticed you had already edited your original post! Guess you're already on the case. Wink Cheers

- tocinillo - 2011-12-19

Hi!

0wing, its possible to merge latest PVR build with DSPlayer? It's the only missing feature on DSPlayer build...

Thanks!

- 0wing - 2011-12-19

Waven Wrote:So, tried the changes now. With your changes and the new UpdateChapters() method of 0wing chapter seeking works now with lavsource too! Thanks!

I had to revert your subtitle fixes otherwise xbmc kept freezing after stopping mkv movies with internal subtitles.

Cheers

Yeah, I just noticed the crashing from internal subtitles too and will PM tiben about it.

Oh and btw, all the code was written by tiben. I'm just the git maintainer.

- Waven - 2011-12-19

0wing Wrote:Oh and btw, all the code was written by tiben. I'm just the git maintainer.

Ah ok, I thought the UpdateChapters() was form you (sorry tiben). Anyway, thanks for maintaining!