Kodi Community Forum
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available (/showthread.php?tid=106629)

- kepke - 2011-12-21

vicmanpergar Wrote:++++drooling
!

- hentai23 - 2011-12-21

hey tiben this is from nevcairiel i hope hes lying -.-'

"DSplayer back when it was initially created was still terribly buggy, and from what i read, its mostly just a port of the old code to the new thing, so it'll still take ages to iron it out into a stable player. (Also, there was a reason it was canned in the first place)"

-.-'.....

- maruchan - 2011-12-21

It's been a long time since I played with DSPlayer, but now with work being done to integrate MadVR, it's looking like a very nice option. Smile Just curious if the DSCodec project that was supposed to supersede DSPlayer is dead? Is DSPlayer the way forward if you want to use DirectShow codecs in XBMC?

- liquidskin76 - 2011-12-21

hentai23 Wrote:hey tiben this is from nevcairiel i hope hes lying -.-'

"DSplayer back when it was initially created was still terribly buggy, and from what i read, its mostly just a port of the old code to the new thing, so it'll still take ages to iron it out into a stable player. (Also, there was a reason it was canned in the first place)"

-.-'.....

stop shit stirring. Angry No tiben and seb did great work on dsplayer, and nev's done great work on lavfilters. no need to try and create bad blood between them.

- bluray - 2011-12-22

hentai23 Wrote:hey tiben this is from nevcairiel i hope hes lying -.-'

-.-'.....
I'm not sure why you have to bring it up in here though.No There are plenty of happy DSplayer users in here. Smile With every electronic and software, you cannot satisfy everyone! Eek

- hentai23 - 2011-12-22

bluray , no i was just trying to find out if this contains truth and how the progress is going, and we all are more than grateful for what they are doing, im trying to understand theyre world -.-'

liquidskin76

creating bad blood?shit stirring? youre kidding right? tell me you are -.-' this was a normal question (facepalm)...without madshi , nevcairiel, seb and tiben we wouldnt be even close to the quality we are now why would you make such asumptions ? -.-'

- liquidskin76 - 2011-12-22

hentai23 Wrote:creating bad blood?shit stirring? youre kidding right? tell me you are -.-' this was a normal question (facepalm)...without madshi , nevcairiel, seb and tiben we wouldnt be even close to the quality we are now why would you make such asumptions ? -.-'

You post what i presume is a private doom9 pm to you (as i couldn't see it in the lavfilters thread) from nev here, when if taken out of context, looks like he bashing the work done on dsplayer, then you ask tiben to comment on it in public... what part of shit stirring don't you understand! Rolleyes

You should have just left it alone. Instead you post it for everyone (nevcairiel included) to see. No

[EDIT:] Ok, i've found the post... http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=1546488&postcount=11622 . Doesn't change the fact that you've taken it out of context, and asked tiben to comment on it, therefore shit stirring. You should just have left things be.

- vicmanpergar - 2011-12-22

Honestly, i don't give a damn 'bout that kind of things. I'm more than happy with Dsplayer, with madvr, and with lav filters, among other solutions , that give me so much play and options, and that's what i love of it all.
I guess Hentai just made a mistake, and that's all, cos in this life u gotta be moderate and discrete, and a gentleman with everyone, or sooner or later ppl one side and ppl in the other side will know u well. It's better to think twice what u're gonna say in some situations.
The truth is, all the people using DsPlayer, and all the ppl using lav or madvr, are enough reason for not having any kind of doubt about these pieces of great software.

- hentai23 - 2011-12-22

i see thanks for that awesome reply vicmanpergar

that diminished some of my fears , i was always a person trying to understand others you know , as i said i just wanted to know what there was to it btw hes not bashing dsplayer hes just stating his opinion ,one that i would like elaborated on by a like minded person namely tiben , simple as that

and yeah if youre not moderate and discrete aka shut up and just dont ask any sort of constructive questions that youd like answered and just keep on sucking up to people then yeah youl have haters ...haters gona hate but thats ok with me

that wont stop me from being an open minded spirit and proud of it , and as said i have the deepest respect for these individuals beyond words !!!....

and i thought id share this with everybody since this is the right thread for this subject, next time ill just pm him , this community is turning into a bunch of grumpy old men that hate change tbh , and btw if he wants to comment on this in public ok if not hell just send me a pm, he knows theres no ill intentions meant by this ,its only a couple members here being stuck up... as usual ...jeez louise ... -.-'

- tiben20 - 2011-12-22

liquidskin76 Wrote:You post what i presume is a private doom9 pm to you (as i couldn't see it in the lavfilters thread) from nev here, when if taken out of context, looks like he bashing the work done on dsplayer, then you ask tiben to comment on it in public... what part of shit stirring don't you understand! Rolleyes

You should have just left it alone. Instead you post it for everyone (nevcairiel included) to see. No

[EDIT:] Ok, i've found the post... http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=1546488&postcount=11622 . Doesn't change the fact that you've taken it out of context, and asked tiben to comment on it, therefore shit stirring. You should just have left things be.
i just read the comment nevcairel made, he just don't see why xbmc can use something else than a freaking keyboard and mouse to play a video or using plugins to watch video instead of a web browser and many other stuff that a simple player won't give.
Just have one thing to say,i will never have any regret on the time i spent building dsplayer

- hentai23 - 2011-12-22

THANK YOU THATS WHAT I WANTED TO HEAR bro !!!!

a simple statement of youre point of view ..damn !!!! now all my fears are gone ...just like that how easy was that ey? and guess what nobody has went amuk cause of it unlike some members here xD....buya!!!!

now i see abit more clear thanks tiben , and rock on you know you got da skillz to make magic happen , peace

- ashlar - 2011-12-22

tiben, one extra question on the subject, not directly related but the few last posts made me think.

nevcariel says that there was a reason DSPlayer got shelved. And I'm wondering if that reason is now gone or if we run the risk of this being "abandoned" again in favour of something else. As much as you are aware of, could DSPlayer be implemented, in the future, as a binary add-on for XBMC (Windows only)?

- hentai23 - 2011-12-22

i pointed the devs to this thread ,btw tiben himself belongs to the xbmc dev team

anyhow as some may know ive opened a request ticket in the request section for this to be implemented natively into xbmc ..of course for windows ,once tiben has achieved satisfying results ...

DSPlayer & DTS-HD Music - michmetz - 2011-12-22

Hi all,
i've had an old Version of DSPlayer, i could play m2ts Files with DTS-HD
music on windows7 /64 bit.
To understand : i've coded DTS-HD Music in m2ts container without any Video.
I could hear this music perfectly with that old version, configueredwith:
source filter = mpegsource
splitter filter = mpegsplitter
videodec = ffdvideodec
audiodec = ffdaudiodec

ffdaudiodec was set to passthrough over hdmi.
i tried the new version, but since version 33.... it does not go anymore,
i tried every configuration,including LAF Filters, but nothing helps.
So my question: tiben did you made a change, that a m2ts file without video
do not open anymore?
Thanks a lot and excuse my bad english
Mike

- tiben20 - 2011-12-22

ashlar Wrote:tiben, one extra question on the subject, not directly related but the few last posts made me think.

nevcariel says that there was a reason DSPlayer got shelved. And I'm wondering if that reason is now gone or if we run the risk of this being "abandoned" again in favour of something else. As much as you are aware of, could DSPlayer be implemented, in the future, as a binary add-on for XBMC (Windows only)?
The binary add-on would only work with something like dscodec. Not dsplayer it self