Kodi Community Forum
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available (/showthread.php?tid=106629)

- ZERO <ibis> - 2011-12-22

hentai23 Wrote:i pointed the devs to this thread ,btw tiben himself belongs to the xbmc dev team

anyhow as some may know ive opened a request ticket in the request section for this to be implemented natively into xbmc ..of course for windows ,once tiben has achieved satisfying results ...

Great Odin's raven!~

I would be so happy the day dsplayer became an official part of xbmc (meaning it would also have support going into the future guaranteed) that I would likely even have a cake and a party to celebrate!

- hentai23 - 2011-12-22

but the cakes a lie!!! lolz xD

- THX-UltraII - 2011-12-22

I ve a question about using MPC-HC as external player:
Every time I start playing a movie a can see my Windows desktop for a few miliseconds when the switch from XBMC to MPC-HC is made. Is there a way to prevent this? This looks really clumsy to me. If this could be fixed I don t mind keep using MPC-HC as external player with a .xml script.

- tiben20 - 2011-12-22

- hentai23 - 2011-12-22

THX-UltraII Wrote:I ve a question about using MPC-HC as external player:
Every time I start playing a movie a can see my Windows desktop for a few miliseconds when the switch from XBMC to MPC-HC is made. Is there a way to prevent this? This looks really clumsy to me. If this could be fixed I don t mind keep using MPC-HC as external player with a .xml script.

why? when you just have to wait till tiben has it all implemented Wink....Nod...Cool

p.s: that thing bout seeing the desktop for a sec ...cant be changed thats the time it takes to switch from xbmc to the external player btw, how do i know? cause your not alone atm using an external player for
xbmc Wink

unless somebody knows more on this subject than i do Big Grin

p.s: sexxayyyy!!!! screenshot ya got there tiben , you realize with every screenshot you release, the wait gets even that more difficult for me right? xD

keep it up starting to look good!

- tiben20 - 2011-12-22

hentai23 Wrote:why? when you just have to wait till tiben has it all implemented Wink....Nod...Cool

p.s: that thing bout seeing the desktop for a sec ...cant be changed thats the time it takes to switch from xbmc to the external player btw, how do i know? cause your not alone atm using an external player for
xbmc Wink

unless somebody knows more on this subject than i do Big Grin

p.s: sexxayyyy!!!! screenshot ya got there tiben xD
Before a test version i need to add the position of the video, and do some testing too see if it correctly close the renderer between each file

- >>X<< - 2011-12-22

THX-UltraII Wrote:I ve a question about using MPC-HC as external player:

DSplayer is not an external player so this has nothing to do with this thread Oo

But to answer your question either hide windows taskbar and use a black desktop then you won't see anything or use XBMC in "fullscreen window mode" and use <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc> then it wont happen but your have the XBMC GUI running in the background so it may effect performance

- hentai23 - 2011-12-22

sounds good tiben , by all means no need to rush , things like this take alot of testing and feedback to get all the features , decoders , renderers right, peace

hell its been hell for me to get ranpha's tutorial on filters setup right on my mpchc xD

p.s: i guess >>x<< beat me to it ey ? xD , he knows a bit more on these things than me...a bit xD

- 0wing - 2011-12-22

The latest build is now also available here: http://dsplayer.passion-xbmc.org/

Thanks tiben Smile.

- vicmanpergar - 2011-12-22

0wing Wrote:The latest build is now also available here: http://dsplayer.passion-xbmc.org/

Thanks tiben Smile.

Is this the same u posted some messages ago?
I don't wanna get it wrong!
Tongue

- 0wing - 2011-12-22

Yes it's the 2011-12-20 build.

- ashlar - 2011-12-22

tiben20 Wrote:The binary add-on would only work with something like dscodec. Not dsplayer it self
Ok. Then, provided you are *completely* free to invest your time however you please, why is it that development got suspended on dscodec and is continuing on dsplayer? Are you thinking about forking the code... I'm basically asking for some insight on what might be the long term perspective here.

Thanks for all your work, you are a hero. Nod

- oldpainless - 2011-12-22

ashlar Wrote:Thanks for all your work, you are a hero. Nod

Nod

- tiben20 - 2011-12-22

ashlar Wrote:Ok. Then, provided you are *completely* free to invest your time however you please, why is it that development got suspended on dscodec and is continuing on dsplayer? Are you thinking about forking the code... I'm basically asking for some insight on what might be the long term perspective here.

Thanks for all your work, you are a hero. Nod
Dscodec video work flawlessly but the audio side is trickier to get it right. I prefer stick with dsplayer and leave dscodec where it is.

- ashlar - 2011-12-23

tiben20 Wrote:Dscodec video work flawlessly but the audio side is trickier to get it right. I prefer stick with dsplayer and leave dscodec where it is.
Hmmm... ok. But how do you envision its future? If it can't be a binary addon, do you see it as something always remaining "on the outside" of XBMC?

Just curious, you're obviously entitled to do as you see fit. Smile