Kodi Community Forum
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available (/showthread.php?tid=106629)

- steelman1991 - 2011-12-27

Waven Wrote:@STEELMAN
LAV source/splitter is able recognize the forced flag in subtitles.
Look at http://1f0.de/lav-splitter/lav-splitter-stream-selection/ under section subtitles the advanced method.
Thanks I'm aware that it does, but it doesn't work within DSPlayer.

- hentai23 - 2011-12-27

what ? you gotta be kidding me tiben -.-'

there has to be a way to bribe madshi damn it!!!! somebodys trying to mess with my positive vibe arghhh!!!!

hentai23 Wrote:what ? you gotta be kidding me tiben -.-'

there has to be a way to bribe madshi damn it!!!! somebodys trying to mess with my positive vibe arghhh!!!!
LOL Santa not been that good to you this year then Hentai?. Thought that piece of news might just waken you from your slumber.

- hentai23 - 2011-12-27

-.-'..NOT a good way to check up on news , shouldve waited a couple weeks with this , so i wouldnt have to read the bad news

btw already wrote a hate mail to madshi wonder if hell reply , my respect for him just plummeted into a bottomless pit, so much for being positive and feeling jolly tralalalal...f this!!! , people dont even give you a chance to get your status even close to a distinguished road, tsh! -.-'

p.s: looks like im gona be using an external player for a VERY long time a GREAT way to go into a new year -.-'.....

- madshi - 2011-12-27

I think I need to clear up a few things:

tiben20 and I have been working on making XBMC & madVR work together. There were still some problems to solve, but it looked like we would be able to get it to work soon enough. But then tiben20 talked to the XBMC team and the XBMC team decided that they didn't like what we did. Basically tiben20's patch was not "clean" enough for their taste.

The way XBMC currently works, it requires to be in control of Direct3D. Basically XBMC requires to be the one who decides which frames are rendered and presented how and when, taking 90% of the control away from madVR. It would be possible for me to make madVR work this way, but we'd lose *big* parts of the benefits madVR is supposed to bring. Basically I'd have to castrate madVR left and right, top and bottom to allow for a "clean" XBMC patch.

Let me ask you a question: What is the main task of an HTPC? Is it (1) rendering a nice GUI? Or is it (2) providing the best possible video quality? From what I understand, XBMC sets priority on the GUI and puts video rendering quality in the back seat. The only way to make video playback work as best as possible is to give full control to the video rendering component. If the video renderer isn't even allowed to decide when a video frame should be presented then there's no way the video renderer can guarantee smooth motion playback.

tiben20 and I were working on an XBMC patch which would have allowed madVR to have as much control as possible (still not 100%), preserving most of the benefits madVR is supposed to bring, without impacting the GUI too much. tiben20's patch took away Direct3D control from XBMC and passed it to madVR instead. The XBMC team decided that they didn't like this approach/patch. There's not much tiben20 and I can do about that.

IMHO the XBMC team should get their priorities straight. If they insist on letting the GUI code dictate everything, XBMC will never have a best quality integrated video playing quality, IMHO. You gotta decide which is more important, GUI or video playback. And then you gotta give Direct3D control to the more important component.

Of course this is only my 2 cents.

Edit: Just to make it extra clear: The reason why XBMC + madVR seemingly aren't going to happen anytime soon is neither tiben20 nor me (we both tried), the reason is the decision of the XBMC team. So if you want to complain, complain to them. It makes no sense for me to remove 70-80% of the madVR features/benefits just to make the patch acceptable to the XBMC team.

- hentai23 - 2011-12-27

oh i see well this changes it all i apologize a million times over madshi, then the blame is at the XBMC TEAM!!!!!!! they on crack? or trying to purposely piss off alot of members?

they should listen to people that have a ton of experience in the playback department instead of sitting on theyre high horses ASAP!!!

- Waven - 2011-12-27

steelman1991 Wrote:Thanks I'm aware that it does, but it doesn't work within DSPlayer.

It's works fine for me with dsplayer.

- michmetz - 2011-12-27

Hi,
why are we using xbmc? Its the best GUI that you can have.You don't wan't
to use MPC-HC or VLC cause the Gui is bad.
But what do we want to have? The best GUI A N D the best quality.
I think that the dsplayer integrated in XBMC could give us what we want, but
its difficult to configure for people who dont know the Usage of DirectShow Filters. The New AudioEngine by Gnif plays DTS_HD and True Audio without any configuration.It plays also video containers including only HD audio files without
video files in it(sadly with a lot of drop-outs).
But the way is the right way - to have the best GUI and the best quality and no need to configure .
I don't know how to reach that - I'm no programmer,but i think every thew weeks wishing something new from Tiben isn't the right way.
First the basics have to be perfect and then the work can proceed.I think if the basics are perfect the xbmc team will merge dsplayer into the main branch.
Excuse my english
Mike

- hentai23 - 2011-12-27

i better not comment on your post you just did you wouldnt like it -.-'

- 0wing - 2011-12-27

I would rather have that you don't comment on anything.

Waven Wrote:It's works fine for me with dsplayer.
AFAIK it is impossible for LAV to render the subtitle in DSPlayer. If I recall correctly Tiben/Seb wrote their own propietary subtitle engine purely for DSPlayer and none of the DS sub engine renderers (mpc-hc etc) worked with it. Surprised if this has changed.

The only way I can find to render subtitles in DSPlayer is to check the subtitle box in the Video OSD (enabling default for all movies), however all this does is render and display ALL subtitle streams irrespective of the 'flag'. Try playing the same file in DVDPlayer and with the subtitle button unchecked and it will automatically display the forced sub track.

Change to an external player and dependant on the player, forced subtitles will work using LAV.

Huh

- Waven - 2011-12-27

Just tried it again and it worked :-) I don't understand exactly how these things work. But aren't stream selection and rendering two different things? So maybe LAV source/splitter selects the right stream and the subtitle engine in dsplayer does render it.?

Waven Wrote:Just tried it again and it worked :-) I don't understand exactly how these things work. But aren't stream selection and rendering two different things? So maybe LAV source/splitter selects the right stream and the subtitle engine in dsplayer does render it.?
@Tiben - can you comment on this?

@Waven - Care to share a screen shot of your LAV Splitter screen? and the xbmc GUI

- hentai23 - 2011-12-27

0wing Wrote:I would rather have that you don't comment on anything.

tbh sometimes i think the same thing Sad

- gav1577 - 2011-12-27

madshi Wrote:I think I need to clear up a few things:

tiben20 and I have been working on making XBMC & madVR work together. There were still some problems to solve, but it looked like we would be able to get it to work soon enough. But then tiben20 talked to the XBMC team and the XBMC team decided that they didn't like what we did. Basically tiben20's patch was not "clean" enough for their taste.

The way XBMC currently works, it requires to be in control of Direct3D. Basically XBMC requires to be the one who decides which frames are rendered and presented how and when, taking 90% of the control away from madVR. It would be possible for me to make madVR work this way, but we'd lose *big* parts of the benefits madVR is supposed to bring. Basically I'd have to castrate madVR left and right, top and bottom to allow for a "clean" XBMC patch.

Let me ask you a question: What is the main task of an HTPC? Is it (1) rendering a nice GUI? Or is it (2) providing the best possible video quality? From what I understand, XBMC sets priority on the GUI and puts video rendering quality in the back seat. The only way to make video playback work as best as possible is to give full control to the video rendering component. If the video renderer isn't even allowed to decide when a video frame should be presented then there's no way the video renderer can guarantee smooth motion playback.

tiben20 and I were working on an XBMC patch which would have allowed madVR to have as much control as possible (still not 100%), preserving most of the benefits madVR is supposed to bring, without impacting the GUI too much. tiben20's patch took away Direct3D control from XBMC and passed it to madVR instead. The XBMC team decided that they didn't like this approach/patch. There's not much tiben20 and I can do about that.

IMHO the XBMC team should get their priorities straight. If they insist on letting the GUI code dictate everything, XBMC will never have a best quality integrated video playing quality, IMHO. You gotta decide which is more important, GUI or video playback. And then you gotta give Direct3D control to the more important component.

Of course this is only my 2 cents.

Edit: Just to make it extra clear: The reason why XBMC + madVR seemingly aren't going to happen anytime soon is neither tiben20 nor me (we both tried), the reason is the decision of the XBMC team. So if you want to complain, complain to them. It makes no sense for me to remove 70-80% of the madVR features/benefits just to make the patch acceptable to the XBMC team.

Thanks for your efforts madshi you do great work, its just a shame the xbmc team decided against the patch. Again thanks for the work you did Wink