Kodi Community Forum
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available (/showthread.php?tid=106629)

- madshi - 2011-12-27

rickardkk Wrote:what "parts" of madVR do you sacrifice in the current implementation that you are (were) working on?
Rather small parts. Basically XBMC would still create the Direct3D devices, decide whether to use fullscreen exclusive mode or not, and be the only one able to "reset" devices. tiben20 told me XBMC uses fullscreen exclusive mode by default. In that case with default settings I don't think there would be much loss in madVR functionality at all, with tiben20's patch. I'm not sure if XBMC would have allowed madVR to change the refresh mode and/or display resolution, that could be one thing that might be lost. But not necessarily, depending on what XBMC would allow madVR to do.

rickardkk Wrote:In your ideal implementation of madVR with XBMC; what do we have to give up? Is it just that madVR dictates when the GUI should be presented (less responsive)?
That's a good thing, is it not? That means there will be no risk of stuttering when using the GUI on top of the video?
There should be no stuttering of video at all, even with GUI on top of the video - except if the GPU is not powerful enough to draw both the video and the GUI at the same time. The only thing you'd lose (on XBMC's side of things) would be a certain amount of responsiveness.

- kepke - 2011-12-27

Sounds too good to be true, I bet the refresh rate can work as well (it works now through reclock script).
The only thing that might be lost in that case is changing the renderer setting through the on video GUI.

- ZERO <ibis> - 2011-12-27

s3verian Wrote:hi, thanks for this! bittreamed dts-ma, truehd, and flac are all working!

only thing is my harmony remote with imon doesn't work in dsplayer. I've been searching as I'm sure it's been asked, but no joy. help

How did you get this bitstream working? Especially for flac what did you use to enable multi channal bitstreaming for that. Also how would I know if a reiever supports FLAC bitstream?

The only thing I have been able to do with flac to get loseless was to output PCM for 2ch and then I had to convert all the 5.1 flac to lossly DTS bitstream or it would only be 2ch.

- Waven - 2011-12-27

steelman1991 Wrote:Waven - Does that screenshot of the xbmc gui reflect all your movies ie: do you have the subtitle box checked for all movies - even those that don't have forced subtitles?
Yes, seems to.

- zeerow2k - 2011-12-27

anyone else having problems installing the aeon mq3 skin with the latest build?
keeps on crashing xbmc when i install from zip.
Confused

- sialivi - 2011-12-27

liquidskin76 Wrote:binary add-ons and dsplayer as an add-on is the only way dsplayer is really going to succeed. Otherwise i fear it will be stuck as a branch and sub-forum thread.

Not sure how up to date the roadmap is, but it looks like binary support is planned but undecided which version it will be implemented in. So perhaps it's a good time to start trying to influence them to add it to the 12.0 roadmap.

ZERO <ibis>' Wrote:The only thing I have been able to do with flac to get loseless was to output PCM for 2ch and then I had to convert all the 5.1 flac to lossly DTS bitstream or it would only be 2ch.

How is your pc connected to the reciever? S/PDIF can only do 2 channel PCM, Multi-channel PCM requires HDMI.

Very few recievers support multi-channel FLACs, the few I've seen have all been high-end models. I have a feeling the lower-end models could also support them but the manufacturers limit this in firmware just to add value to the high-end models. You're probably better off getting PCM to work (I just bought a new reciever just for this very reason, my old one didn't have HDMI).

- rickardkk - 2011-12-27

madshi Wrote:Rather small parts. Basically XBMC would still create the Direct3D devices, decide whether to use fullscreen exclusive mode or not, and be the only one able to "reset" devices. tiben20 told me XBMC uses fullscreen exclusive mode by default. In that case with default settings I don't think there would be much loss in madVR functionality at all, with tiben20's patch. I'm not sure if XBMC would have allowed madVR to change the refresh mode and/or display resolution, that could be one thing that might be lost. But not necessarily, depending on what XBMC would allow madVR to do.

There should be no stuttering of video at all, even with GUI on top of the video - except if the GPU is not powerful enough to draw both the video and the GUI at the same time. The only thing you'd lose (on XBMC's side of things) would be a certain amount of responsiveness.

To lose a bit of responsiveness in the GUI (when playing video) in exchange for the benefits that madVR brings, should not concern anyone who got their priorities straight.

- sialivi - 2011-12-27

madshi Wrote:The reason why XBMC + madVR seemingly aren't going to happen anytime soon is neither tiben20 nor me (we both tried), the reason is the decision of the XBMC team. So if you want to complain, complain to them. It makes no sense for me to remove 70-80% of the madVR features/benefits just to make the patch acceptable to the XBMC team.

I was very happy to see you getting personally involved in trying to get MadVR supported and I doubt any possible complaints are, or would be, directed at you or tiben20. I'm very much on your side regarding rendering quality should be higher priority than UI-candy. Whatever the end result is in this attempt to get it supported, your invested time is appreciated.

- indiejones - 2011-12-27

sialivi Wrote:I was very happy to see you getting personally involved in trying to get MadVR supported and I doubt any possible complaints are, or would be, directed at you or tiben20. I'm very much on your side regarding rendering quality should be higher priority than UI-candy. Whatever the end result is in this attempt to get it supported, your invested time is appreciated.

+1

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2011-12-27

steelman1991 Wrote:Waven - Does that screenshot of the xbmc gui reflect all your movies ie: do you have the subtitle box checked for all movies - even those that don't have forced subtitles?

Good luck with that I've tried all advanced options before including “*:*|f;*:off” which is forced subs only otherwise all subs off, result with subs enabled for all movies it works fine for movies with forced subs as it defaults to those if no forced subs exist then it still loads the other subtitle streams unless there isn't one Rolleyes

On another note I tested the latest build and occasionally when I start a video it seems to run at a faster frame rate like everything is running in fast forward has anyone else experienced this if I put up render stats there's no refresh rate listed just zeros and only a red line in the graph never had this problem with Rev 553d719 which is perfect

- steelman1991 - 2011-12-27

Waven Wrote:Yes, seems to.
Then you have subtitles on globally as default for all movies irrespective of what LAV settings you have. This is the problem.

Try unchecking the subtitle checkbox - select 'default for all movies', then select a movie with a forced - or any subtitle for that matter - see what happens.

- steelman1991 - 2011-12-27

>>X<<' Wrote:Good luck with that I've tried all advanced options before including “*:*|f;*:off” which is forced subs only otherwise all subs off, result with subs enabled for all movies it works fine for movies with forced subs as it defaults to those if no forced subs exist then it still loads the other subtitle streams unless there isn't one Rolleyes

On another note I tested the latest build and occasionally when I start a video it seems to run at a faster frame rate like everything is running in fast forward has anyone else experienced this if I put up render stats there's no refresh rate listed just zeros and only a red line in the graph never had this problem with Rev 553d719 which is perfect
Yeah mate that was why I asked the question. Globally setting subs in the xbmc gui, just presents everything with a subtitle irrespective of flag and/or splitter setting.

Point 2 - occasionally I see that and have to back out and re-start.

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2011-12-27

steelman1991 Wrote:Yeah mate that was why I asked the question. Globally setting subs in the xbmc gui, just presents everything with a subtitle irrespective of flag and/or splitter setting.

Point 2 - occasionally I see that and have to back out and re-start.

OK thanks for confirming point 2 would like to see a fix for that found it annoying coming from Rev 553d719 which is perfect

BTW if its only forced subs you ever use and as long as your not using DXVA then you could use VSFilter/directvobsub to display subs which does have the option to load forced subs only I use to use it with DSPlayer before subs where added internally

Edit: ignore what I said about VSFilter it only worked with external subs not embedded Rolleyes

- Waven - 2011-12-27

steelman1991 Wrote:Then you have subtitles on globally as default for all movies irrespective of what LAV settings you have. This is the problem.

Try unchecking the subtitle checkbox - select 'default for all movies', then select a movie with a forced - or any subtitle for that matter - see what happens.

Ah, I see, then I have to enable it manually.

So the problem is (example with my settings) if subtitles are activated globally and you play a movie in german and it has only a english subtitle, the subtile will be displayed whatever is set in the LAV settings?
But if the movie has a german subtitle too LAV selects the german forced subtitle and only this items (if there are any) gets displayed.

- ZERO &lt;ibis&gt; - 2011-12-27

sialivi Wrote:How is your pc connected to the reciever? S/PDIF can only do 2 channel PCM, Multi-channel PCM requires HDMI.

Very few recievers support multi-channel FLACs, the few I've seen have all been high-end models. I have a feeling the lower-end models could also support them but the manufacturers limit this in firmware just to add value to the high-end models. You're probably better off getting PCM to work (I just bought a new reciever just for this very reason, my old one didn't have HDMI).

Looks like it is time for a new receiver, I have used the same one for over 7 years so HDMI did not exist back then.

Question, I now see models that have SD to HD upscale and even 1080p to 4k. I assume that the signal from the pc is basically 1080p regardless of the content. So if I wanted to take advantage of an integrated SD to 1080 upscale which I would think is better than trying to take an already scaled image and then scale it to 4k I would need to change the output resolution based on content.

So is there any way to adjust the output resolution based on the content I am playing automatically so that the chip on the receiver will scale the image instead?