Kodi Community Forum
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available (/showthread.php?tid=106629)

- TomislavV - 2012-01-04

boingman Wrote:In my case the subtitles stay synched, when forwarding at 2x speed.

Whit external subtitles?

Can you post your codec setup please?

Thnx

- tiben20 - 2012-01-05

TomislavV Wrote:Whit external subtitles?

Thnx
It depend on your computer actually mine get the subtitles rendering even at 8x, i got an expensive core i7 with 8 gb of ram so it really help. It take time to process the subtitles between each seek(its the way the fast forward work by seeking). The only way i could fix this is by slowing the fast forward process and i really don't want to do this.

- robl45 - 2012-01-05

i tried this just now,it is working but is there any presets to use lav cuvid video or anything like that or is it all custom editing? when I press o, it says reclock is working, but how do I see what reclock is doing? in mpc-hc I can just rightclick on the screen and get tot he filters, is there anyway to do this with this version?

and where do I put the -p for portable mode? I tried to edit the shortcut inside the quotes and it wouldn't take it as valid, i did it outside the quotes and it does nothing.

- Yappa - 2012-01-05

TomislavV Wrote:Whit external subtitles?

Thnx

tiben20 Wrote:It depend on your computer actually mine get the subtitles rendering even at 8x, i got an expensive core i7 with 8 gb of ram so it really help. It take time to process the subtitles between each seek(its the way the fast forward work by seeking). The only way i could fix this is by slowing the fast forward process and i really don't want to do this.

I only tested embedded subtitles and with the files I tried (both high and low bitrate videos) I can go up to 4x (i5 750 with 8 GB Ram) and the subtitles stay in sync.
While I was at it, I also wanted to test an external ass file with a m2ts rip that is sitting on my HDD, but couldn't get the video to play with DSPlayer at all.

Here's the debug log for those interested:
http://pastebin.com/Z4xUWDaZ

The relevant part in the mediasconfig.xml looks as follow:
Code:
<rule filetypes="ts|mpeg|mpg|m2ts">
      <source filter="lavsource" />
      <splitter filter="lavsplitter" />
      <video filter="lavvideo" />
      <audio filter="lavaudio" />
I also tried ffdvideodec & coreavcvideodec as alternate video filter, ffdaudiodec as alternate audio filter and Haali as splitter/source alternative, but still couldn't get the file to play via DSPlayer.

- Yappa - 2012-01-05

robl45 Wrote:i tried this just now,it is working but is there any presets to use lav cuvid video or anything like that or is it all custom editing? when I press o, it says reclock is working, but how do I see what reclock is doing? in mpc-hc I can just rightclick on the screen and get tot he filters, is there anyway to do this with this version?
You simply activate it in the LAV Video Settings under "Hardware Decoder to use" in Windows or am I misunderstanding your problem?

Quote:and where do I put the -p for portable mode? I tried to edit the shortcut inside the quotes and it wouldn't take it as valid, i did it outside the quotes and it does nothing.

Outside the quotes works for me. This is how it looks in my case.
Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC_portable\XBMC.exe" -p

- robl45 - 2012-01-05

ZERO <ibis>' Wrote:No. Yes!

boingman Wrote:You simply activate it in the LAV Video Settings under "Hardware Decoder to use" in Windows or am I misunderstanding your problem?

Outside the quotes works for me. This is how it looks in my case.
Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC_portable\XBMC.exe" -p

yea, that don't work for me, don't know why, i found a file that does start it in portable mode, tried capital P, regular p, no go, but anyway, i can get into portable mode.

as for the Lav, i know how to set it for cuvid, i'm talking about making it work in dsplayer. I think i saw someone had a file for it. so maybe that is the answer to get it working.

what about seeing more info on whats going on, is there anyway to see what reclock is doing while xbmc is playing like I can do with mpc-hc?

- azaze1 - 2012-01-05

this is a meaningless comment but I just wanted to again show appreciation for Tiben reviving dsplayer, it's clearly got a lot of people excited and chatty, myself included (obviously).

Thanks also to 0wing for kickstarting the interest by doing the merges some time ago.

- liquidskin76 - 2012-01-05

@tiben,

I'm finding that DTS audio (only tested with DTS-HD core) is still not playing correctly? It's constantly breaking up. Can you test at your end and confirm? I can post a debug log if needed.

@all,

Is anyone else still seeing this on the latest build?

Also, is anyone else seeing a slight audio delay when using set fresh rate at 24hz, whilst using true full screen instead of full screen window?

Cheers

- TomislavV - 2012-01-05

tiben20 Wrote:It depend on your computer actually mine get the subtitles rendering even at 8x, i got an expensive core i7 with 8 gb of ram so it really help. It take time to process the subtitles between each seek(its the way the fast forward work by seeking). The only way i could fix this is by slowing the fast forward process and i really don't want to do this.

I have AMD quad, maybe it is my codec setup, or splitter thing?

How is DVDplayer rendering subtitles, with default player subtitles are in sync when fastforwarding.

Thnx

- fezster - 2012-01-05

tiben20 Wrote:I fixed the problem
https://github.com/0wing/xbmc/commit/cc652d4aa8458f5c89d494335004c5fdc8fc4b96
you will be ablet o play them on the next build

Is there a pre-compiled build for this, or better to build myself ?

I've recently been trying dsplayer (as a potential replacement for an audioengine build Im using at the moment), and so far it all seems good with lav, except for m2ts files (same error as reported in posts above).

Ive had problems with XBMC crashing if trying to play using ffdshow video codecs though. I dont have the error to hand (sorry, at work), but it was a problem connecting to the filter. Is there a guide on how to debug and fix these issues ?

- jpsdr - 2012-01-05

boingman Wrote:That explains it. I assumed that one core should even be enough for high bitrate files when using a fairly new CPU, but guess I was wrong.

Personnaly i have an i7@870. Standard 720p 10bits at average bitrate (around 300MB-400MB for a 25mn episodes) play perferctly fine with bambi73 version, 1080p 10bits files of around 1GB-2GB for 25m have few drop frames, bigger (3GB for 25mn of 15GB for a whole movie) have more drop frames. Of course, play is fine on a multi-threaded h264 decoding.

Actualy, i use the last bambi73 version, and play with mpc-hc high bitrate files.
I hope tiben will add, even in last position for now because i can understand it's not a priority for him now, updating to a working properly subtitles engine, or, having the possibility to use an external engine (Directvobsub) even for embemded subtitles, and not only external (if it's possible).

- Yappa - 2012-01-05

jpsdr Wrote:Actualy, i use the last bambi73 version, and play with mpc-hc high bitrate files.
I hope tiben will add, even in last position for now because i can understand it's not a priority for him now, updating to a working properly subtitles engine, or, having the possibility to use an external engine (Directvobsub) even for embemded subtitles, and not only external (if it's possible).
That would be great.

- sergiocos - 2012-01-05

didn't try that recently, but i remember that Directvobsub filter CAN be added as an EXTRA filter (beside the usuals audio/video/splitter etc), but first you have to declare the filter in filtersconfig.xml

- jpsdr - 2012-01-05

Yes, but it works only for external subtitles.

- 0wing - 2012-01-05

New build available: http://dsplayer.passion-xbmc.org/

-Fixed splitter with one output pin
-Fixed amount of time seeked not being shown on the gui
-Fixed playlist once again