Kodi Community Forum
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available (/showthread.php?tid=106629)

- tiben20 - 2012-01-08

ashlar Wrote:Any news on subtitle positioning options? Smile
right now i'm only working on fixing stuff instead of adding stuff.

- voip-ninja - 2012-01-08

Question guys, I understand that I need to install ffdshow for HD audio playback using these XBMC + DSPlayer builds... my question is, I have had very bad luck in the past with installing codec packs and then not being able to get Windows to recognize changes with which codec/filter to use later, since Windows doesn't have a good mechanism for registering codecs for the end user.

If I install this and it doesn't "work out" will I need to reload Windows, or can I uninstall the ffdshow install and not have all of my stuff jacked up?

Thanks.

- 0wing - 2012-01-08

ffdshow is not a codec pack and is not known to mess anything up in Windows.

- fezster - 2012-01-08

fezster Wrote:One thing I am finding which is a constant - i dont get gui sounds back after playing a file. Occasionally, they do, but mostly not. Is this a known problem ?

Some more info on this - if you pause your playing video before stopping it, gui sounds return to normal. Also, if you go to options and change gui sounds to be off and on again, they come back to normal.

This tells me that after a film is stopped, the audio is not being released by the directshow player until after xbmc has tried to reinitialise it (?). If we could add a small delay after a video is stopped, that would fix it.

- ashlar - 2012-01-08

tiben20 Wrote:right now i'm only working on fixing stuff instead of adding stuff.
Ok, sorry, I thought of this as fixing but you are right. The options are not there... Smile

- voip-ninja - 2012-01-08

0wing Wrote:ffdshow is not a codec pack and is not known to mess anything up in Windows.

Okay thanks. Do I also have to use reclock to adjust sync or can I continue to use the option of "sync to display" and "adjust refresh rate" to get proper 23.976 sync to my display?

Thanks again for all the info.

- ashlar - 2012-01-09

voip-ninja Wrote:Okay thanks. Do I also have to use reclock to adjust sync or can I continue to use the option of "sync to display" and "adjust refresh rate" to get proper 23.976 sync to my display?

I *think* you need reclock, the sync to display options are related to DVDplayer. Actually, I think one of the most important actions to take is to make more clear what influences what in a DSPlayer installation.

- tiben20 - 2012-01-09

ashlar Wrote:Ok, sorry, I thought of this as fixing but you are right. The options are not there... Smile
they are in the code but there many stuff to add to make them work actually

- michmetz - 2012-01-09

michmetz Wrote:Tiben
thanks for changing the code - dsplayer works perfectly now with m2ts files(with LAV or ffdshow,both are working perfect)

But there is a little issue in integration into xbmc.
DSPLayer always calls Video OSD - but dsplayer has to call Video OSD
if media is video and Music OSD if media is music - based on the Renderer
which is connected.( So does DVDPlayer)

Thanks a lot for your work - I'm happy now
Mike

To Tiben20

is that issue fixed too ??

Mike

- fezster - 2012-01-09

ashlar Wrote:I *think* you need reclock, the sync to display options are related to DVDplayer. Actually, I think one of the most important actions to take is to make more clear what influences what in a DSPlayer installation.

That would be helpful, especially to those new to it. It took me a while to discover the DSPlayer option under System -> Video, only to discover you can change the audio renderer in there (audio option, under video Smile ). Though, to be fair, I probably wouldnt have read a manual if there'd been one Big Grin

- voip-ninja - 2012-01-09

ashlar Wrote:I *think* you need reclock, the sync to display options are related to DVDplayer. Actually, I think one of the most important actions to take is to make more clear what influences what in a DSPlayer installation.

Boo. I am getting pretty good results with the internal XBMC player and setting refresh and display rate matching up with audio resample.

I guess I'm going to just have to bite the bullet and try to load dsplayer and see what I think.... it would be nice to finally get HD audio from my hundred plus BD rips that have it.

- Mallet21 - 2012-01-09

voip-ninja Wrote:Okay thanks. Do I also have to use reclock to adjust sync or can I continue to use the option of "sync to display" and "adjust refresh rate" to get proper 23.976 sync to my display?

Adjust refresh rate works using DSplayer...not sure if sync to display works.

- cburbs - 2012-01-10

Can you run a different skin with this build - DSPlayer doesn't seem to want to load if I run Aeon MQ3. If I switch back to confluence it seems to run OK. The the other question I have is testing different movies and selecting the movie reel movies have different options available for video settings - all MKV Files but why is this?

- zeerow2k - 2012-01-10

cburbs Wrote:Can you run a different skin with this build - DSPlayer doesn't seem to want to load if I run Aeon MQ3. If I switch back to confluence it seems to run OK. The the other question I have is testing different movies and selecting the movie reel movies have different options available for video settings - all MKV Files but why is this?

dsplayer loads fine on aeon mq3.
it looks like video is playing with dvdplayer, but if you press "o" you'll see that if you specified filters to be loaded, it's playing with dsplayer.
i too questioned this until i figured it had to be playing with dsplayer if it's using my lav filters.

- cburbs - 2012-01-10

zeerow2k Wrote:dsplayer loads fine on aeon mq3.
it looks like video is playing with dvdplayer, but if you press "o" you'll see that if you specified filters to be loaded, it's playing with dsplayer.
i too questioned this until i figured it had to be playing with dsplayer if it's using my lav filters.

But they are all playing back with dsplayer but have different options but not sure why it isn't using LAV Filters as it should as I followed the link a few pages back.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=975895&postcount=875