Kodi Community Forum
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available (/showthread.php?tid=106629)

- alexrose1uk - 2012-01-21

ArieS Wrote:Anyone could look at my log please?

It's really wierd but the debug log reads as though for whatever reason, with MKV media it's struggling to setup the directshow chain properly:
Quote:761.
02:25:29 T:5632 DEBUG: CFGManager::ConnectDirect: Failed connecting LAV Source.Video.Type: pin to LAV Audio.Input

02:25:29 T:5632 DEBUG: CFGManager::ConnectDirect: Failed connecting LAV Source.Video.Type: pin to LAV Video.XForm In

02:25:29 T:5632 DEBUG: CFGManager::ConnectDirect: Failed connecting LAV Source.Video.Type: pin to Xbmc EVR.EVR Input0

02:25:29 T:5632 DEBUG: CFGManager::ConnectDirect: Failed connecting LAV Source.Video.Type: pin to Default DirectSound Device.Audio Input pin (rendered)

02:25:29 T:5632 DEBUG: CFGManager::ConnectDirect: Succeeded connecting LAV Source.Audio.Type:Audio pin pin to LAV Audio.Input

02:25:29 T:5632 DEBUG: CFGManager::ConnectDirect: Failed connecting LAV Audio.Output.Type: pin to LAV Video.XForm In

02:25:29 T:5632 DEBUG: CFGManager::ConnectDirect: Failed connecting LAV Audio.Output.Type: pin to Xbmc EVR.EVR Input0

02:25:29 T:5632 DEBUG: CFGManager::ConnectDirect: Failed connecting LAV Audio.Output.Type: pin to Default DirectSound Device.Audio Input pin (rendered)

02:25:29 T:5632 DEBUG: CFGManager::ConnectDirect: Failed connecting LAV Source.Audio.Type: pin to LAV Video.XForm In

02:25:29 T:5632 DEBUG: CFGManager::ConnectDirect: Failed connecting LAV Source.Audio.Type: pin to Xbmc EVR.EVR Input0

02:25:29 T:5632 DEBUG: CFGManager::ConnectDirect: Failed connecting LAV Source.Audio.Type: pin to Default DirectSound Device.Audio Input pin (rendered)

02:25:29 T:5632 INFO: CFGManager::RenderFileXbmc Connecting filters. Elapsed time: 15.06ms

02:25:29 T:5632 DEBUG: Starting filters listing ...

02:25:29 T:5632 DEBUG: End of filters listing

I know this sounds like a stuck record, but try uninstalling LAV, using the DirectShow reset utility I linked previously, incase there's some sort of conflict and then reinstalling LAV.

Tiben might be able to give you some other ideas as to why the filters are failing to enable correctly (as it IS loading them).

- therealjoeblow - 2012-01-21

boingman Wrote:Don't give him funny ideas. The real purpose of XBMC isn't to watch movies. No, it's to tinker around with it until it's perfect, so no time to actually use it.
Wink

LOL! That sounds so like the a-type personality that I am!

Cheers
The REAL Joe

- robl45 - 2012-01-21

tried playing with this tonight, it ran fine with default audio renderer, when i switched it to reclock, the whole computer locked up. i just tried it upstairs connected to my monitor and it seemed to work, not sure if it was a fluke.

how do i set dsplayer as default?

and is there a reason i can't access the internet in portable mode? no matter what i select when it goes to find movies it says it can't connect. works fine not in portable mode.

- 0wing - 2012-01-21

robl45 Wrote:how do i set dsplayer as default?

and is there a reason i can't access the internet in portable mode? no matter what i select when it goes to find movies it says it can't connect. works fine not in portable mode.

1. Read the manual.

2. It's an XBMC bug, you need to install the youtube video addon.

- jpsdr - 2012-01-21

ZERO <ibis>' Wrote:However even the dvd player always had issues with particular types of subs and karaoke effects.

For me, DVD player work perfectly fine, since the update of subtitles engine made around september, and a very few problems i've reported to them (and had been solved). No flickering on any karaoke or anything, timing accuracy is perfect, at least, on an i7@870.
Note : Subtitles may require a lot of cpu resources when high advanced features or animation are used, very often underestimated.

- 0wing - 2012-01-21

New build available: http://dsplayer.passion-xbmc.org

Includes two fixes by fezster:

-Resume bookmark wasn't saved with DSPlayer.
-Navigation sounds were not re-enabled after playback.

- vicmanpergar - 2012-01-21

downloading
Thanks!

- fezster - 2012-01-21

Quote:762.
02:25:29 T:5632 DEBUG: CFGManager::ConnectDirect: Failed connecting LAV Source.Video.Type: pin to LAV Video.XForm In

This is a bit of a shot in the dark, but try turning off subtitles in Lav Splitter Configuration. I believe XForm is the subtitle output.

I, too, have problems with LAV on my 64 bit Win 7 machine, but as my media centre is 32-bit and works fine, I haven't bothered to look into it in too much detail.

- robl45 - 2012-01-21

i just got this running with the lav stuff just now. win 7 64bit, seems to be running fine, cuvid is enabled, but cpu usage is like avg 40-60%. straight mpc-hc with lav cuvid runs like 20% and even with madvr its like 30%. just wondering if I'm missing something here.

- stevos - 2012-01-22

Hi,

A little off topic maybe.

Upto today DSPlayer build has worked fine for my bluray rips but not my dvd rips (tv series)

I was playing with the meta data for my movies to try and improve things and now my blurays don't work either.

When i hit a movie, it just flashes and does nothing.

Any ideas?

I am guessing it is thinking the rips aren't 1080p or wrong codec or something.

- Yappa - 2012-01-22

Don't know if it's just me, but the newest build crashes from time to time on my system, for example when bringing up the "i" info menu. I went back to the previous build and so far didn't have any crashes anymore.

- ZERO &lt;ibis&gt; - 2012-01-22

jpsdr Wrote:For me, DVD player work perfectly fine, since the update of subtitles engine made around september, and a very few problems i've reported to them (and had been solved). No flickering on any karaoke or anything, timing accuracy is perfect, at least, on an i7@870.
Note : Subtitles may require a lot of cpu resources when high advanced features or animation are used, very often underestimated.

I am referring to these issues from this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=99971

AS for the flickering it will occur when there is subs and typesetting at the same time. I am in no way being limited by hardware as I am using an i7 920 for the playback. Now if somehow my system really is not powerful enough I can toss a i7 965 in right away or just OC to 4ghz.

The issues I generally have with ds player other than the old issues from dvd player shown in the link above are the subtitle flickering, subs disappearing and the player crashing as a result. I did upgrade the player after the supposed subtitle fix but I will update again to the latest version tonight to see if it continues.

- ZERO &lt;ibis&gt; - 2012-01-22

Yep using the latest version appears to have solved crashing issues and subs vanishing. However there is still an issue where layered subs do not display properly in that they do not display at all or will flicker in that they will pop up randomly for a fraction of a second where it is not even possible to pause and read.

An example would be on something like Nisemonogatari where signs have been whited out to then display the English typesetting over. Instead of seeing the typesetting you just get white.

Can the issue I describe be resolved? Other than that I am not having any serious problems with the player.

Is it possible to perhaps use VSFilter somehow and support extracting the sub files from the mkv? Also how would I go about using something like VSFilter for testing?

Also I have found that <BufferAhead>0</BufferAhead> will prevent flickering however I still now have an issue where things that get whited out do not then have the typesetting properly applied.

- robl45 - 2012-01-22

when i use reclock with this, it shows in stats for evr that my refresh rate is like 50hz when the refresh rate is 24hz. if i disable reclock, evr shows correct refresh rate. all works fine in standard mpc-hc. any ideas on how I can fix this?

- jpsdr - 2012-01-22

ZERO <ibis>' Wrote:I am referring to these issues from this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=99971

As i said, subtitles engine of dvdplayer has been greatly updated around september, these posts are around april. These issues (at least it was the case with Fractale) where caused by the use of a specific ASS feature, almost never used, the Field1 Layer with a value different of 0. It's solved now, and ending of Fractale is displayed perfectly fine, and probably all other exemples in the post.

I think your HW is probably powerfull enough. An i7@870 is powerfull enough to display h264 10bits 1080p with ASS with high feature, but... Only in case of good multi-threaded decoding.
Maybe if you have a link of a file wich you have issue with dvdplayer, i can test it.