Kodi Community Forum
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available (/showthread.php?tid=106629)

- acemt - 2012-02-08

acemt Wrote:Thanks Steelman,

I'll clean it up a little and see what happens. Yes, probably got messed up a little when you and I were trying to get LAV to work for me.

Mark

Well, no go on the skip ahead problem. Still just restarts the movie. I think I will do a fresh install on my other computer and see if it has the same problem. Not the end of the world, except that when I want to demo a certain part of a movie, I have to use DVDplayer as I can only fast forward in DSPlayer and it takes forever.

Mark

- steelman1991 - 2012-02-08

acemt Wrote:Well, no go on the skip ahead problem. Still just restarts the movie. I think I will do a fresh install on my other computer and see if it has the same problem. Not the end of the world, except that when I want to demo a certain part of a movie, I have to use DVDplayer as I can only fast forward in DSPlayer and it takes forever.

Mark
What key presses are you using to 'skip' ahead. Reason I ask is that, if I use the 'chapter skip' button on my remote and there are no chapter marks in the file, it will skip to the end and stop - appreciate that isn't necessarily what your seeing, but may be a starting point for troubleshooting. On the other hand if I use the 'arrow' keys it will skip the set period, irrespective of chapter marks.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone have this issue - just tested and doesn't exhibit any behaviour other than that described. Have you remapped any Remote buttons at all, that might cause the restart issue?

- acemt - 2012-02-09

steelman1991 Wrote:What key presses are you using to 'skip' ahead. Reason I ask is that, if I use the 'chapter skip' button on my remote and there are no chapter marks in the file, it will skip to the end and stop - appreciate that isn't necessarily what your seeing, but may be a starting point for troubleshooting. On the other hand if I use the 'arrow' keys it will skip the set period, irrespective of chapter marks.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone have this issue - just tested and doesn't exhibit any behaviour other than that described. Have you remapped any Remote buttons at all, that might cause the restart issue?

I am using the Ipad program XBMC commander. It is a free scroll slider. Works great with everything from Powerdvd to DVDplayer in XBMC. For some reason however, it has never worked with DSPlayer. As I said, it just starts the movie over. Don't know what else to try other than trying to install it on my other computer to see if it replicates there.

Mark

Edit: Ok, maybe I am missing something here, but I installed the latest merge build on my other computer. It did NOT have an option for DSplayer in the play menu. Does it even play DVDplayer anymore, or is it always DSPlayer now? Seemed to work fine, but I can't tell if it was playing with DVDplayer or DSplayer. Maybe because I was playing a blu-ray and not an .mkv as I did not have any on that computer? Any way to find out for sure? Thanks

Mark

- mrhyde1969 - 2012-02-09

T800 Wrote:Not any more:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=121877

Eden patched with HD audio playback. Works quite well.

Windows only..

- T800 - 2012-02-09

mrhyde1969 Wrote:Windows only..

Just like DSPlayer and external players...Huh

- ashlar - 2012-02-09

T800 Wrote:Just like DSPlayer and external players...Huh
Yes (DSPlayer) and no (external players). It remains a curious observation considering we *are* in the Windows forum.

- T800 - 2012-02-09

ashlar Wrote:Yes (DSPlayer) and no (external players). It remains a curious observation considering we *are* in the Windows forum.

I wasn't aware of external players that you can use for HD audio on other systems.

- ZERO <ibis> - 2012-02-11

Does anyone know how to resolve the issues with subs in dsplayer. I still get frequent crashing during playback and vanishing subtitles. In addition layered typesetting does not work such as when a sign is whited out and then text displayed over that. The order is presented backward so that the colored block goes over the text preventing you from reading this. You can best see this issue in persona 4.

Is any additional information required to get these issues resolved. I can send pics more detailed settings of what I am using, money, candy, my sole. Perhaps you want some booze? Please I just want this to work. Even the typesetting is not that big a problem I could probably edit the subs for those shows manually if it comes to that. However the crashing is the real issue.

- alexrose1uk - 2012-02-11

Tiben is the only one who can probably really look into the sub issue (and I believe he's building a cinema room atm). From my own point of view I've not seen *touch wood* any sub crashing since Tiben last did some fixes on them, and I used to see a lot of crashes. I'm not using the exact latest build, perhaps 2/3 revisions old?

What I would say though, is if you're still seeing crashes, and I'm not, either there's bugs I've not seen, or something differs between our setups. Have you considered wiping your userdata and XBMC folder, and going back to a completely clean-slate XBMC DSPlayer install, like I did recently, and see if it works afterwards, incase something is lingering from before, like a duff font, which is causing the issues?

I am using Lavsplitter, decoder (with no hardware acceleration) and audio.

- lildimsum7 - 2012-02-11

is it possible to use hardware acceleration with dsplayer?

- Yappa - 2012-02-11

@lildimsum7: Of course.

@ZERO <ibis> & alexrose1uk: I don't really have any problems with (frequent) crashes either. I just recently watched all of Bakemonogatari and had no problems, apart from the fact that the subs weren't displayed correctly sometimes in which case I switched to DVDPlayer. All in all DSPlayer is, at least for me, the far better option than DVDPlayer right now.

- liquidskin76 - 2012-02-12

Hey 0wing,

If you get time, would it be possible to post a fresh merge with master, so past beta 3 build?

Many thanks Wink

- 0wing - 2012-02-12

New build: http://dsplayer.passion-xbmc.org

Just merging.

- lildimsum7 - 2012-02-12

boingman Wrote:@lildimsum7: Of course.

@ZERO <ibis> & alexrose1uk: I don't really have any problems with (frequent) crashes either. I just recently watched all of Bakemonogatari and had no problems, apart from the fact that the subs weren't displayed correctly sometimes in which case I switched to DVDPlayer. All in all DSPlayer is, at least for me, the far better option than DVDPlayer right now.

i meant LAV hardware decoding, my bad

- vicmanpergar - 2012-02-12

Thanks 0wing! Big Grin