Kodi Community Forum
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available (/showthread.php?tid=106629)

- liquidskin76 - 2012-02-12

0wing Wrote:New build: http://dsplayer.passion-xbmc.org

Just merging.

legend! thanks 0wing. Wink

- Yappa - 2012-02-12

@0wing: Thanks for the new merge.

lildimsum7 Wrote:i meant LAV hardware decoding, my bad

Yeah, works without any problems.

I use the lavvideodec as "video filter" and just had to enable "Hardware Decoder to use: CUVID" in the lavvideo settings.

- alex.ba - 2012-02-13

HI,

thank you for the new build :-) works great for me.
A question regarding to 3D. At the moment I'm using the stereoscopic player as an external player for Frame Packed ISOs and also full Full SBS mkvs. It works but the stereoscopic player is more a pure keyboard/mouse player. A lot of hotkeys are missing to control it via remote.

My question: Would it be possible to directly implement the 3D functionality in Dsplayer? I have absolutly no idea if this is just a codec question (I'm not sure but I think the stereoscopic player loads FFDShow at least for audio) or if this means a complete restructure.

At the moment there is no real alternative with standalone players for playing 3D from ISO file. The Oppo player does it but it will be stopped with the next firmware due to the massive pressure of the industry. The Xstreamer Prodigy and also Iconbit have the new Realtek chipset but have huge problems with firmware. So this could be a real adavantage for a HTPC solution.

Thanks and Regards,

A

- liquidskin76 - 2012-02-13

alex.ba Wrote:HI,

thank you for the new build :-) works great for me.
A question regarding to 3D. At the moment I'm using the stereoscopic player as an external player for Frame Packed ISOs and also full Full SBS mkvs. It works but the stereoscopic player is more a pure keyboard/mouse player. A lot of hotkeys are missing to control it via remote.

My question: Would it be possible to directly implement the 3D functionality in Dsplayer? I have absolutly no idea if this is just a codec question (I'm not sure but I think the stereoscopic player loads FFDShow at least for audio) or if this means a complete restructure.

At the moment there is no real alternative with standalone players for playing 3D from ISO file. The Oppo player does it but it will be stopped with the next firmware due to the massive pressure of the industry. The Xstreamer Prodigy and also Iconbit have the new Realtek chipset but have huge problems with firmware. So this could be a real adavantage for a HTPC solution.

Thanks and Regards,

A

Hey Alex,

Already put that request in!

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=985820&postcount=984

Looks like tiben's gone 3D himself, so maybe one for his to-do list (however i'm sure there's plenty of other jobs above it!!).

Cheers

- SALAMINOMACHOS - 2012-02-13

0wing Wrote:New build: http://dsplayer.passion-xbmc.org

Just merging.
Thank you very much
Is it Dharma or Eden?
I'm asking because it is the very first time where i can see/read the Greek Subtitles in my collection.
Before i had to go to Audio Settings and then with the mouse or the telecontrol i had to activate the SRT subtitles.

Thanks a lot...................

- master345 - 2012-02-13

HI

Tried 12/2/2012 build where everything works except TV Shows! Using DVDPlayer it works but using DSPlayer it just doesnt do anything. HD Movies and Movies all work.

I have had to go back to the last working build for me which is 1/1/2012.

Everything works in that build but no other builds after that work for me. Does anyone know why? Using LAV filters and the LAV filters work perfectly on 1/1/ build and I have a backup of filtersconfig.xml and mediaconfigs.xml which I place back into system/dsplayer folder when I install later builds.

Anyone help?

- liquidskin76 - 2012-02-13

[EDIT:] ignore this post!

- ZERO <ibis> - 2012-02-13

boingman Wrote:@lildimsum7: Of course.

@ZERO <ibis> & alexrose1uk: I don't really have any problems with (frequent) crashes either. I just recently watched all of Bakemonogatari and had no problems, apart from the fact that the subs weren't displayed correctly sometimes in which case I switched to DVDPlayer. All in all DSPlayer is, at least for me, the far better option than DVDPlayer right now.

I will wipe and reinstall clean with the latest build. How did you watch in dvd player if the files are 10bit?

Right now it is crashing 100% of the time after the sub vanish. Hopefully a clean sweep will fix it.

I use coreavc with ffdaudio and halli as the switcher. I did this b/c for me it resulted in the highest quality playback and I also require ordered chapter support.

My issue though appears to be player not filter related but if I keep having issues I can try someone else's config to see if that helps.

- Yappa - 2012-02-13

ZERO <ibis>' Wrote:I will wipe and reinstall clean with the latest build. How did you watch in dvd player if the files are 10bit?

You're right that I can't do that for year 2012 releases.
In the case of Bakemono I went for an older 8bit encode to make sure that I'd be able to switch to DVDPlayer if needed. Should have mentioned that. Wink

Quote:Right now it is crashing 100% of the time after the sub vanish. Hopefully a clean sweep will fix it.

Hopefully. And also reinstall your codec's.
Quote:I use coreavc with ffdaudio and halli as the switcher. I did this b/c for me it resulted in the highest quality playback and I also require ordered chapter support.

My issue though appears to be player not filter related but if I keep having issues I can try someone else's config to see if that helps.

I use lavvideo instead of coreavc, the rest of the filter setup is the same as yours.
Instead of installing the filters separately I went for the k-lite codec pack. Had some problems with the community codec pack which I tried before.

- ZERO &lt;ibis&gt; - 2012-02-14

Nope right back to the same shit. Subs disappear and if you try to stop the video it crashes. This was a bug with the actual dsplayer that was supposed to be fixed in a previous release. In my current case this was just with regular subtitles no typesetting or special types ect. What is strange is the crashing is not consistent I can start the file over and get past it. Actually if someone could make it actually crash instead of freeze that would be nice. It only takes me a second to restart the program but what really kills me is needing to use task manager to end the xbmc task every time.

Does anyone know how to make a hotkey that could terminate the xbmc process and relaunch the program that would save me a lot of time.

Also anyone got instructions for setting up an external player as default for mkv I could try to use MPC with the exact same filters within xbmc for a few days to confirm that the issue is attached to the player.

I have tried using the same filters and settings in MPC and have no issues, everything works perfectly.

- alexrose1uk - 2012-02-14

How very bizzare.
Could you provide me a sample file that crashes, tell me roughly where in the file it crashes, and I'll try and check it with my setup over the next few days, to see if its a general bug with certain files, or something to do with your setup (it could even be related to the splitter for example).

Since the last lot of fixes Tiben made, I've noticed none of the dissapearing subs and subsequent crashes, and thats what I also used to experience a lot of, so I'm wondering whether it's something to do with our different filter configuration at this point, and you're running into a remaining glitch or some sort of compatibility issue.

I will start to make a lit of files. What is strange is that I can take a file lets say [Commie] Nisemonogatari - 04 [96EFE730].mkv and it will have the subs vanish after the first 4 min. I restart xbmc and after that it will play without issue.

I am planning on trying to integrate MPC as an external player and use the exact same filters on that b/c it appears that its sub engine works better. If I then have no issues with using it that way on the same system with a large number of files it should prove that the issue rests with dsplayer.

- Yappa - 2012-02-15

You could try to install a fresh Windows with new drivers and codecs on an other partition to see if that helps. Wink
Said file and also all other Commie releases work on my setup without any crashes. The only problem I noticed with Commie is the kara effect which doesn't come through as intended in the case of the Guilty Cross opening where the subtitles change colors.

- ZERO &lt;ibis&gt; - 2012-02-16

Last night I did not have any issues. Perhaps I had to restart windows after the fresh xbmc install.