Kodi Community Forum
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available (/showthread.php?tid=106629)

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - Roman_V_M - 2012-10-23

(2012-10-23, 16:31)Ed76 Wrote: hi roman,
what exactly means "for now"? is it definitely not possible (maybe for technical reasons) or is it possible that dsplayer + pvr (or other streaming videos) work in the future. what says the actual dsplayer-developer about that?

Eduard_K said that he would consider this as soon as he solved more pressing issues (he did not specify which issues exactly). So I guess it's the matter of developer's priorities, as DSPlayer branch still continues to be one man's job.
Meanwhile the bug with TV-shows media library has been solved. No solution for anime so far, but there's still hope.Smile Though I can say that the examples on the previous page is the only case I've seen them. In other my anime samples subs are displayed OK.
Here's the new build based on Frodo Alpha 7: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/24356082/XBMCSetup-20121022-c1aab7e-dx.exe

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - sergiocos - 2012-10-23

Thanks, Roman! Sadly, there are still big library/navigation issues, but the playback is flawless, as always Smile

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - brotbuexe - 2012-10-24

I have a strange issue with Eden DSPlayer and external srt subtilte files.

Anyone knows this issue?

All is fine with internal mkv subtitles.
All is fine on dvdplayer.
Its the same with default subtitle settings. I can change a little while playing with the size and dsplayer font in the subtitle setting but its still washed up and unusable.
No change with mpc or lav filter setups.
No change with or without the rendersettings:

<subtitlessettings>
<TextureSize>
<width>1920</width>
<height>1080</height>
</TextureSize>
<DisableAnimations>false</DisableAnimations>
</subtitlessettings>

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - Roman_V_M - 2012-10-24

(2012-10-23, 23:37)sergiocos Wrote: Thanks, Roman! Sadly, there are still big library/navigation issues, but the playback is flawless, as always Smile

Could you specify what you mean? Personally, I haven't found any navigation issues in the current build. But I need to note that I have re-created the media library from scratch.

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - alexrose1uk - 2012-10-24

Ooh we have fresh development again Smile I'm gonna stick with my stable build from earlier this year for now, but will be popping in to keep track of the new developments Smile

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - therealjoeblow - 2012-10-25

Hey folks,

In the DSPlayer config under Videos, there is an option "Use EVR instead of VMR9"

Does anyone know how to get this to work on WinXP (I am unable to upgrade this machine to Win7 for fear of breaking something that otherwise works very well and has too much setup invested to make major changes)?

When I enable it, nothing plays back (no errors or popups, just when I click 'play' nothing happens, the UI stalls for a half second or so then goes back to waiting on user input to move the cursor, etc).

EVR works fine in MPC-HC and ZoomPlayer on this machine...

Many thanks
The REAL Joe.

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - Roman_V_M - 2012-11-04

The original post was removed. The newly posted build had a critical bug. I'll post and updated build as soon as the fix is available.

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - vicmanpergar - 2012-11-04

Spasibo Roman!!!!!!!!!!

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - Roman_V_M - 2012-11-08

We have another build from Eduard_K: http://www.mediafire.com/?6x4pq69y956txfu
Source code: https://github.com/avmedia/xbmc
This build is based on today's XBMC Frodo code + DSPlayer with some tweaks and fixes from Eduard_K.
The usual warnings:
- This in unofficial build based on WIP XBMC code so you use it at your own risk without any warranties.
- I'm not a developer. All credits belong to Eduard_K and other people involved in DSPlayer and XBMC development.

Main improvements by Eduard_K:
- More reliable filter graph building for various media types.
- Ability to enable DSPlayer as the default XBMC videoplayer from GUI.
- Ability to use default system filters without complex XML config tweaking (much like Windows Media Player).
- Blu-ray titles and MKV editions support (only with AVSplitter).
To use AVSlitter in DSPlayer need to install it first (don't forget to enable .bdmv support and a source filter) and then:
- either enable the option "Use system filters...";
- or create mediasconfig.xml file in (XBMC_user_profile)\userdata\dsplayer\ folder with the following content:
Code:
<mediasconfig>
<rules>
  <rule filetypes="avi|mp4|m4v|flv|mpg|mov|mkv|ts|mts|m2ts|bdmv|mpls|iso">
   <source filter="avsource" />
   <splitter filter="avsplitter" />
   <video filter="mpcvideodec" />  
   <audio filter="lavaudiodec" />
  </rule>
</rules>
</mediasconfig>
Naturally, you can still use your own filter configuration. The Wiki article is still valid. Or you can just install the necessary filters (e.g. FFDshow or LAVfilters or others) and let DSPlayer pick them automatically based on system merits (like Windows Media Player does).

Known limitations:
Currently DSPlayer only supports playing files from local and network drives. Playing streaming video via URL-links (YouTube etc.) is not supported. Such video is handled by DVDPlayer. Hopefully, this will be solved.

I've done cursory checks and did not find any major issues. You can post bug reports (if any) here, preferably with details (not just "it does not work"). If a bug can be reproduced, there's a good chance it will be fixed.

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - vicmanpergar - 2012-11-08

Thanks Roman
Question: What if i use lavvideodec instead mpcvideodec?

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - Roman_V_M - 2012-11-08

(2012-11-08, 23:25)vicmanpergar Wrote: Thanks Roman
Question: What if i use lavvideodec instead mpcvideodec?

As I said, you can always use your own filter configuration. Personally, I use LAV video/audio + AVsplitter. The thing is that I have added some "out of the box" filters including MPCvideo, so the config above should work if you haven't installed other filters.

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - vicmanpergar - 2012-11-09

Got it, so as far as i have AVsplitter selected, the bluray goodies are supossed to work
Thanks!

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - oldpainless - 2012-11-09

(2012-11-08, 22:50)Roman_V_M Wrote: We have another build from Eduard_K: http://www.mediafire.com/?6x4pq69y956txfu
Source code: https://github.com/avmedia/xbmc
This build is based on today's XBMC Frodo code + DSPlayer with some tweaks and fixes from Eduard_K.
The usual warnings:
- This in unofficial build based on WIP XBMC code so you use it at your own risk without any warranties.
- I'm not a developer. All credits belong to Eduard_K and other people involved in DSPlayer and XBMC development.

Main improvements by Eduard_K:
- More reliable filter graph building for various media types.
- Ability to enable DSPlayer as the default XBMC videoplayer from GUI.
- Ability to use default system filters without complex XML config tweaking (much like Windows Media Player).
- Blu-ray titles an MKV editions support (only with AVSplitter).
To use AVSlitter in DSPlayer need to install it first (don't forget to enable .bdmv support and a source filter) and then:
- either enable the option "Use system filters...";
- or create mediasconfig.xml file in (XBMC_user_profile)\userdata\dsplayer\ folder with the following content:
Code:
<mediasconfig>
<rules>
  <rule filetypes="avi|mp4|m4v|flv|mpg|mov|mkv|ts|mts|m2ts|bdmv|mpls|iso">
   <source filter="avsource" />
   <splitter filter="avsplitter" />
   <video filter="mpcvideodec" />  
   <audio filter="lavaudiodec" />
  </rule>
</rules>
</mediasconfig>
Naturally, you can still use your own filter configuration. The Wiki article is still valid. Or you can just install the necessary filters (e.g. FFDshow or LAVfilters or others) and let DSPlayer pick them automatically based on system merits (like Windows Media Player does).

Known limitations:
Currently DSPlayer only supports playing files from local and network drives. Playing streaming video via URL-links (YouTube etc.) is not supported. Such video is handled by DVDPlayer. Hopefully, this will be solved.

I've done cursory checks and did not find any major issues. You can post bug reports (if any) here, preferably with details (not just "it does not work"). If a bug can be reproduced, there's a good chance it will be fixed.

Thanks - still the best solution out there IMO.

K

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - Roman_V_M - 2012-11-09

(2012-11-09, 10:15)oldpainless Wrote: Thanks - still the best solution out there IMO.

It's absolutely true but you can spend your whole lifetime waiting for this "best solution".Smile IMO even in its current state XBMC-dsplayer build is still better than the standard XBMC for Windows. It's not like you have to choose "XBMC vs. dsplayer", you still have all the features of XMBC as it is plus extra features of dsplayer. I sill use XBMC-dsplayer Eden build with additions from Eduard_K as my main solution and is quite satisfied with it. Hopefully, when Frodo code goes final we'll get even better solution.Smile

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - vicmanpergar - 2012-11-09

Agree, this is the reason i think it should be added oficially. One of the main developments reasons is that ppl using windows and this direct solution is only a part. But i think it still can be included, why not? even if they are only a part, is just an option for all those ones, and u still have the rest of the software. I mean, integring DSplayer does not remove the rest.
It is just a personal opinion, not intended to make any harm.