Kodi Community Forum
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available (/showthread.php?tid=106629)

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - arairait - 2012-11-10

Hi,
Thanks to Eduard_K and Roman_V_M I installed the latest dsplayer XMBC.
But unfortunately I have serious problem in that.

When playing by dsplayer, I cannot control audio volume level.
Though volume control dialog shows up and indicates that volume level should change,
acctual volume level doesn't change at all.

I assumed that it is caused by DS filter settings. So I changed DS filters and
these settings in many may ways, but the problem won't fix.

Do you gurus have any idea, hint, or experience for this problem?

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - Roman_V_M - 2012-11-10

(2012-11-10, 19:47)arairait Wrote: Hi,
Thanks to Eduard_K and Roman_V_M I installed the latest dsplayer XMBC.
But unfortunately I have serious problem in that.

When playing by dsplayer, I cannot control audio volume level.
Though volume control dialog shows up and indicates that volume level should change,
acctual volume level doesn't change at all.

I assumed that it is caused by DS filter settings. So I changed DS filters and
these settings in many may ways, but the problem won't fix.

Do you gurus have any idea, hint, or experience for this problem?

You haven't provided any details about your sound setup so I guess you need a psychic instead of a guru.Smile The only thing I can tell that the PC volume control does not work with bitstreaming enabled in your audio filter settings - this is by design, i.e. a sound stream is passed "as is" to an external playback device without any interaction. For example, in case of LAV audio filter if you uncheck bitstreaming of all formats in the 1-st tab and enable downmixing of the 2-nd tab, the volume control works perfectly well.

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - steelman1991 - 2012-11-11

Roman - are you or anyone experiencing seek/chapter skip issues. Moving about within files using the last dsplayer build from this thread. There are long delays in the seek mechanism causing the video to freeze, audio continues and then the video runs at high speed to catch up and re-synch to audio. Is this a known issue.

Also I have set up LAV Splitter to use 'forced subititles' only, but this doesn't seem to work. I guess the question is - does dsplayer honour 'forced' flag settings in mkv files.

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - Roman_V_M - 2012-11-11

(2012-11-11, 00:38)steelman1991 Wrote: Roman - are you or anyone experiencing seek/chapter skip issues. Moving about within files using the last dsplayer build from this thread. There are long delays in the seek mechanism causing the video to freeze, audio continues and then the video runs at high speed to catch up and re-synch to audio. Is this a known issue.

I've experienced similar issues on high-bitrate interlaced videos, though freezes are not that severe - 1-2 s tops. No problems with progressive videos of any bitrate, though.

Quote:Also I have set up LAV Splitter to use 'forced subititles' only, but this doesn't seem to work. I guess the question is - does dsplayer honour 'forced' flag settings in mkv files.

Yes, there are some issues with LAV Splitter, not only with forced subs. I'll pass the info to the developer, maybe something can be done. But so far these builds work better with AVSplitter, maybe because Eduard_K is the developer of AVSplitter too.

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - steelman1991 - 2012-11-11

That's a bummer, thought it might be a universal issue. Have tried both splitters but both exhibit the same behaviour on skip/chapter seek - as described. Its not exclusive to high-bitrate interlaced or progressive files, anything is prone to it and again not for 1-2 seconds, on some occasions it can be in excess of 10-15 seconds. Will a debug log be of any use?

Can live with the subtitle issue, I can just activate subtitles on individual titles that need 'forced' subs - the only ones thankfully i need or have on my files.

I'm running an nvidia gt430 as my gfx.

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - Roman_V_M - 2012-11-11

(2012-11-11, 15:28)steelman1991 Wrote: That's a bummer, thought it might be a universal issue. Have tried both splitters but both exhibit the same behaviour on skip/chapter seek - as described. Its not exclusive to high-bitrate interlaced or progressive files, anything is prone to it and again not for 1-2 seconds, on some occasions it can be in excess of 10-15 seconds. Will a debug log be of any use?

Honestly, I don't know. I'm not a developer, but I'll pass the info to Eduard_K and maybe he'll be able to do something about it. Though I've tried the latest available Eden build from Edurd_K and no problems with navigation there - even in interlaced videos.

Quote:Can live with the subtitle issue, I can just activate subtitles on individual titles that need 'forced' subs - the only ones thankfully i need or have on my files.

Problems with LAV splitter are not limited to subs. Blu-ray folders are not played too. Previously they were played, though without Titles choice dialog which is available only with AVSplitter.

(2012-11-11, 18:28)Roman_V_M Wrote: Honestly, I don't know. I'm not a developer, but I'll pass the info to Eduard_K and maybe he'll be able to do something about it. Though I've tried the latest available Eden build from Edurd_K and no problems with navigation there - even in interlaced videos.

Aprreciate your role in this and was aware that it was a non-developement role - just didn't know how far Eduard_K liked you to go in presenting evidence of problems - if its sufficient that you provide a post of the issue, then fine, equally so should he need a debug log - let me know, happy to provide if it helps.

Thanks for your help.

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - arairait - 2012-11-12

(2012-11-10, 20:24)Roman_V_M Wrote: You haven't provided any details about your sound setup so I guess you need a psychic instead of a guru.Smile The only thing I can tell that the PC volume control does not work with bitstreaming enabled in your audio filter settings - this is by design, i.e. a sound stream is passed "as is" to an external playback device without any interaction. For example, in case of LAV audio filter if you uncheck bitstreaming of all formats in the 1-st tab and enable downmixing of the 2-nd tab, the volume control works perfectly well.

@Roman_V_M
Oh, yes. You are right! I shoud have called for psychic... No, no. I should have told you more infomation.
The sound setup is as follows:

mediasconfig.xml
Code:
<mediasconfig>
<rules>
  <rule filetypes="avi|mp4|m4v|flv|mpg|mov|mkv|ts|mts|m2ts|bdmv|mpls|iso">
   <source filter="avsource" />
   <splitter filter="avsplitter" />
   <video filter="mpcvideodec" />  
   <audio filter="lavaudiodec" />
  </rule>
</rules>
</mediasconfig>
(I made sure that DSPlayer uses these filters by codec info.)

Settings-Videos-DSPlayer
Use VMR9 instead of EVR Render: no
Audio Renderer: Sony TV (Intel® Display Audio)
Force internal filters: no
Use system filters (DirectShow merits): no

Settings-System-Audio output
Audio output: HDMI
Speaker Configuration: 2.0
Boost volume level on downmix: no
Output stereo to all speakers: no
Audio output device: DirectSound: HDMI - Sony TV (Intel® Display Audio)
Passthrough output device: DirectSound: HDMI - Sony TV (Intel® Display Audio)

And LAV audio filter settings is here (as you are sugguesting) :
ImageImage

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - Roman_V_M - 2012-11-12

2 arairait

Thanks for the info. I was able to reproduce the issue - the XBMC volume slider indeed does not work. Also there are some problems with sound renderer choice in dsplayer. I'll pass the info to the developer.

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - Bjur - 2012-11-16

@Roman_V_M: Do you think that there's any chance we can get DSplayer Frodo Beta within the next few days, or is it more difficult to compile when going from alpha to betaSmile?

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - Roman_V_M - 2012-11-16

(2012-11-16, 09:15)Bjur Wrote: @Roman_V_M: Do you think that there's any chance we can get DSplayer Frodo Beta within the next few days, or is it more difficult to compile when going from alpha to betaSmile?

As I have told many time, I'm not a developer and have absolutely no control over how often (and if) code updates are released. So no info so far.

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - vicmanpergar - 2012-11-16

I'm sure Eduard will do it eventually, so have patience, we're all DsPlayer fans.
Wink

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - tbob19 - 2012-11-18

Nice! That 11/8 build works great, AAC 5.1 now comes through the proper channels unlike the nightlies/beta of Frodo. Big Grin

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - byackee - 2012-11-19

(2012-11-08, 22:50)Roman_V_M Wrote: We have another build from Eduard_K: http://www.mediafire.com/?6x4pq69y956txfu
Source code: https://github.com/avmedia/xbmc
This build is based on today's XBMC Frodo code + DSPlayer with some tweaks and fixes from Eduard_K.
The usual warnings:
- This in unofficial build based on WIP XBMC code so you use it at your own risk without any warranties.
- I'm not a developer. All credits belong to Eduard_K and other people involved in DSPlayer and XBMC development.

Main improvements by Eduard_K:
- More reliable filter graph building for various media types.
- Ability to enable DSPlayer as the default XBMC videoplayer from GUI.
- Ability to use default system filters without complex XML config tweaking (much like Windows Media Player).
- Blu-ray titles and MKV editions support (only with AVSplitter).
To use AVSlitter in DSPlayer need to install it first (don't forget to enable .bdmv support and a source filter) and then:
- either enable the option "Use system filters...";
- or create mediasconfig.xml file in (XBMC_user_profile)\userdata\dsplayer\ folder with the following content:
Code:
<mediasconfig>
<rules>
  <rule filetypes="avi|mp4|m4v|flv|mpg|mov|mkv|ts|mts|m2ts|bdmv|mpls|iso">
   <source filter="avsource" />
   <splitter filter="avsplitter" />
   <video filter="mpcvideodec" />  
   <audio filter="lavaudiodec" />
  </rule>
</rules>
</mediasconfig>
Naturally, you can still use your own filter configuration. The Wiki article is still valid. Or you can just install the necessary filters (e.g. FFDshow or LAVfilters or others) and let DSPlayer pick them automatically based on system merits (like Windows Media Player does).

Known limitations:
Currently DSPlayer only supports playing files from local and network drives. Playing streaming video via URL-links (YouTube etc.) is not supported. Such video is handled by DVDPlayer. Hopefully, this will be solved.

I've done cursory checks and did not find any major issues. You can post bug reports (if any) here, preferably with details (not just "it does not work"). If a bug can be reproduced, there's a good chance it will be fixed.

Hi,

I use this version and work fine except mediaportal addon, XBMC tell me add-on could not be load, check log fie, when I open it I see this:

19:00:42 T:2156 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
19:00:42 T:2156 NOTICE: PVRManager - stopping
19:00:42 T:2052 ERROR: PVRManager - PVR::CPVRManager:Tonguerocess - failed to load PVR data
19:00:42 T:2156 NOTICE: PVRManager - starting up
19:00:42 T:5400 NOTICE: Thread PVR manager start, auto delete: false
19:00:42 T:2936 NOTICE: Thread PVR add-on updater start, auto delete: false
19:00:42 T:2936 ERROR: ADDON: Dll MediaPortal PVR Client - Client returned bad status (6) from Create and is not usable
19:00:42 T:2936 WARNING: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to create add-on MediaPortal PVR Client, status = 6
19:00:42 T:2936 WARNING: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to load the dll for add-on MediaPortal PVR Client, disabling it
19:00:42 T:7008 NOTICE: Thread CAddonStatusHandler:pvr.mediaportal.tvserver start, auto delete: true
19:00:43 T:3896 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false

Can someone help me please?

Byackee

RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - panni - 2012-11-20

Current build based on https://github.com/avmedia/xbmc/commit/8161c6284af87da8733aff6a92e0bd28112b6daa https://github.com/downloads/pannal/xbmc/XBMCSetup-20121109-8161c62-dx.exe

Any github of Eduard_K?