Kodi Community Forum
AutoMovies - (Fully) Automatic movie downloader - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: AutoMovies - (Fully) Automatic movie downloader (/showthread.php?tid=107388)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

- dannycorker - 2011-08-30

turok Wrote:The AutoMovies.bat file is executable just like an exe, but I'll probably still wrap the application in an actual exe in the future (with an icon, for aesthetics).

Regarding the error, what do your settings for SABnzbd look like? Keep in mind that the username and password aren't being used right now, since I only tested with an API key (I think I already added it for the next release though).

About the discarded matches -- we'll only grab 1 match per search, so if it's for an older movie, we'll grab the best match (according to your settings). Go to the Matches tab (or right-click on the movie you want on the Movies tab and select View matches for ttXXXXXXX), and double-click on the match that you're curious about to get a dialog explaining why we didn't grab that match. If you want to download a particular match, just right-click on it and select Download this match.

Thanks! What browsers/versions are you trying in both cases? I've tested mainly on Chrome 12 and Firefox 5, and a little on IE 8. The random strings you see are just place-holders until an AJAX request replaces content on those tabs with actual logs (it was there originally when I was testing the layout), so it appears that some JavaScript errors are preventing the page from fully rendering. If possible, can you try grabbing an error message and file/line number from a debugger?

A quick update for everyone: Newznab support has been added, along with some small miscellaneous fixes. I want to improve the Settings tab before the next release though -- basically just adding descriptions for each setting, along with samples (like "localhost:8080" for SABnzbd, etc) to clear up most of the confusion around settings.
I did notice that NZB.su is returning some incorrect movies for IMDB ID searches, which is pretty strange but was hoping to have some folks test it out and see how many movies are impacted by this. I'd like for AutoMovies to focus on accuracy and *only* download stuff that it can be certain about (even eventually matching qualities to video resolutions, etc), so I'm not sure that we want to use a provider when we can't be certain about the movies we're grabbing from them.

By the way, any ideas for a better name for this app? I never meant for AutoMovies to be the actual name, and I keep telling myself I'll think of a better name later Smile

-t

At the moment I have the host as 'localhost:8080' and the API key copied straight from SAB. Nothing in username or password field, and category is 'movies'

- Daxten - 2011-08-30

Hey, ok i've tested it with a different browser.
It works on both machines with IE, but Chrome seems to fuck it up (v 13.0.782.215 m)

I have to go now but I will test some settings later, if you want to know certain settings drop me a message

btw. I checked some settings and the layout out, if this works its gonna be awesome Smile

Still trying to figure out - lotus503 - 2011-08-30

why every movie says invalid quality, when trying to force.

- turok - 2011-08-30

mahockey Wrote:Will you be releasing an idiot proof version of this cool tool on ATV2 ?

I wouldn't say this is a high priority, as I'd want to get an idiot-proof install/setup working inside the web application first.

dannycorker Wrote:At the moment I have the host as 'localhost:8080' and the API key copied straight from SAB. Nothing in username or password field, and category is 'movies'

Strange, my settings are the same. Someone else mentioned the same error message, so I'll have to dig around a little bit to see what could be the issue.

Daxten Wrote:Hey, ok i've tested it with a different browser.
It works on both machines with IE, but Chrome seems to fuck it up (v 13.0.782.215 m)

I just tested mine on the same version of Chrome, and everything displays/runs correctly. Do you have any common browser features (javascript, cookies) disabled?

lotus503 Wrote:why every movie says invalid quality, when trying to force.

My guess is that the match 'quality' isn't in your defined 'quality profile' for that movie. Since we need to know how 'good' each downloaded match is (according to your settings), the quality for a match must be in the quality profile for the given movie. You have 2 options here, both of which you can do from the UI:
  • Change the quality for the match (to one that is in your quality profile for the movie) before downloading manually, or
  • Change the quality profile for the movie so that the match's quality will be found in the new profile

-t

I am trying to figure a few things out - lotus503 - 2011-08-30

To ensure I am using this correctly.

I have a folder that has roughly 100 dvd rips. The goal is to download HD replacements if available. I created a Quality profile adding Just HD Qualities BR-Rip 720 and 1080. I set the directory to scan and defaulted all movies DVD-Rip, when I try to import it says it cant because DVD-Rip is not in the quality profile. I didn't want DVD-rip in the profile because I don't want to download DVD-Rips as that is the same quality I have.

So I remove everything add DVD Rip to the quality profile, and I am able to import without error. However when its looking for matches to download I get several Errors like the following.

Match [How The Grinch Stole Christmas 2000 720p BluRay DTS x264 EbP] skipped because: Quality [720P] is not better than [DVD-Rip]
Reason skipped:
Quality [720P] is not better than [DVD-Rip] for imported Movie [The Grinch].

The match in question was a 9.5gb 720 movie, the actual file is 178mb rip.

- turok - 2011-08-30

@lotus503

The reason DVD-Rip needs to be in your quality profile is because we need to know which qualities you think are 'better' than DVD-Rip (don't worry, it won't actually download any DVD-Rips). So, to accomplish what you're trying to do, make sure the profile has DVD-Rip, BR-Rip, 720p and 1080p in that exact order (from bottom to top). You can click-and-drag the rows to order them:
http://dojotoolkit.org/reference-guide/_images/drag-contiguous-rows-and-columns.gif

From the output, it looks like DVD-Rip and 720p are both in the profile, but DVD-Rip is defined as a higher priority (higher in the list = higher priority).

If you don't want to have to go back and download matches manually, delete the movies that you imported and re-import them with this profile. I would start with only 1-2 movies in that folder (before doing all of them) to make sure they get post-processed the way you like.

- lotus503 - 2011-08-30

turok Wrote:@lotus503

The reason DVD-Rip needs to be in your quality profile is because we need to know which qualities you think are 'better' than DVD-Rip (don't worry, it won't actually download any DVD-Rips). So, to accomplish what you're trying to do, make sure the profile has DVD-Rip, BR-Rip, 720p and 1080p in that exact order (from bottom to top). You can click-and-drag the rows to order them:

From the output, it looks like DVD-Rip and 720p are both in the profile, but DVD-Rip is defined as a higher priority (higher in the list = higher priority).

If you don't want to have to go back and download matches manually, delete the movies that you imported and re-import them with this profile. I would start with only 1-2 movies in that folder (before doing all of them) to make sure they get post-processed the way you like.

I cant drop and drag but I was able to put them in proper order and get it working. Thanks for all your hard work and help!

- dannycorker - 2011-08-31

turok Wrote:Strange, my settings are the same. Someone else mentioned the same error message, so I'll have to dig around a little bit to see what could be the issue.

Any idea when a fix might appear? I'm itching to get going with this program! This is my whole conf if it's any help!

Quote:#Wed Aug 31 02:14:07 BST 2011
interval.add.movies=86400
subtitle.enable=1
remove.dl.files=1
nzb.retention=1040
dbserver.port=1527
fanart.file=$thename.$quality-fanart.jpg
sms.propfile=conf/sms_carriers.properties
download.dir=C\:\\Users\\Danny\\Documents\\downloads\\complete\\Movies
mediainfo.dir=media_info
subtitle.lang=eng
trailer.enable=0
remove.failed.dls=1
default.qualityprofile=Best-720p
movie.file=K\:\\Films\\$thename ($year) [$quality]\\$thename.$quality.$ext
renamer.enable=1
addmovies.enable.imdb=1
sabnzbd.host=localhost\:8080
interval.rename.movies=60
sabnzbd.category=movies
trailer.file=$thename ($year).mp4
mencoder.dir=mplayer
subtitle.file=$thename.$quality.srt
tmdb.apikey=9b939aee0aaafc12a65bf448e4af9543
gen.tbn=1
webserver.port=8087
sabnzbd.apikey=********************************
gen.fanart=1
combine.multifile=1
replace.movies=1
nzb.enable=1
date.format=yyyy-MM-dd HH\:mm\Confuseds
nzb.downloadto=sabnzbd
sabnzbd.enable=1
tbn.file=$thename.$quality.tbn
sabnzbd.password=
nfo.file=$thename.$quality.nfo
gen.nfo=1
sabnzbd.username=
interval.scan.movies=28800

@DannyCorker - lotus503 - 2011-08-31

try removing the "\" in localhost\:8080

My Sab has two api keys, try using the one that gives control vs. permissions to hand off nzb files.

If you have done both already I have no ideas.

- dannycorker - 2011-08-31

lotus503 Wrote:try removing the "\" in localhost\:8080

My Sab has two api keys, try using the one that gives control vs. permissions to hand off nzb files.

If you have done both already I have no ideas.

Tried both, still getting the same error :/ (Was using API key in the first place rather than the NZB key, I assume this is the right one.)

- The_Dogg - 2011-08-31

Gave this a 1st try today, and I must say this app looks very promising.

I never liked CP I always felt it was missing something, but couldn't figure out what!

anyway, I'm currently testing with a few movies and I have a question.

In my quality profile I have the following settings

So basically I'm looking for movies with MULTi in their names (usually dual-audio movies ENG+FRE)

So i went on NZBMatrix and did a search for a movie that had that name in it.

I found this one Fast.Five.2011.MULTi.1080p.BluRay.x264-FHD

So I added Fast Five as wanted.

I search for matches for this movie but none were downloaded
I have seen this line in the log

Code:
Match [Fast Five 2011 MULTi 1080p BluRay x264 FHD] skipped because: Match found ignore word []

could it be a bug when the ignore field is empty?

EDIT: I put something in the field Ignore Words and now I don't get that error anymore.
So I think there is a bug when the Ignore Words field is empty (maybe it's the same with the Prefered Words, but I havent tested this)

- The_Dogg - 2011-08-31

I have another question, would it be possible to download a movie even though the quality is the same but when it finds my preferred word in the release?

let me explain more in details: (I'll use Fast Five as an example)

So I already have the movie downloaded (Fast Five 1080p)
but my quality profile is set to get 1080p version but with preferred word: MULTi
Can AutoMovies re-download the new version (with MULTi in the name) once it finds it?

Currently it won't download it because it says that the existing version is already 1080p.

- turok - 2011-08-31

@The_Dogg

Regarding your first question, it looks like there is a bug when the "ignore words" field is empty -- thanks for pointing that out! (and I'm glad you found a work-around)

For your second question, did you use the "import" feature for Fast Five? The import works a little bit differently than the regular "adding" of a movie. For example, when you just add a movie normally, we'll automatically replace movies with better-scoring matches, regardless of the quality (the quality is the most important factor in the scoring, though [obviously]). So for me, I'll frequently see ~3 downloads for a TS version of a movie. However, when a movie gets marked as 'complete', we won't look for anymore versions of that movie (so you're "stuck" with the first 1080p bluray we find -- something I'd like to build in some options around).

Anyway, when you use the import feature, we'll ignore all matches that are less than or equal to the same quality level as your existing movie. This is just so we don't replace your dvd-rips or hd movies several times. If you already have a 1080p version of a movie, and you want to upgrade to the multi version, you can specify a lower quality for that movie when you do the import (like 720p, perhaps). This way, you'll get the "best" 1080p version (with 'MULTi' if it exists) according to your prefs.

-t

- The_Dogg - 2011-08-31

turok Wrote:@The_Dogg

For your second question, did you use the "import" feature for Fast Five? The import works a little bit differently than the regular "adding" of a movie. For example, when you just add a movie normally, we'll automatically replace movies with better-scoring matches, regardless of the quality (the quality is the most important factor in the scoring, though [obviously]). So for me, I'll frequently see ~3 downloads for a TS version of a movie. However, when a movie gets marked as 'complete', we won't look for anymore versions of that movie (so you're "stuck" with the first 1080p bluray we find -- something I'd like to build in some options around).

Anyway, when you use the import feature, we'll ignore all matches that are less than or equal to the same quality level as your existing movie. This is just so we don't replace your dvd-rips or hd movies several times. If you already have a 1080p version of a movie, and you want to upgrade to the multi version, you can specify a lower quality for that movie when you do the import (like 720p, perhaps). This way, you'll get the "best" 1080p version (with 'MULTi' if it exists) according to your prefs.

-t

I did in fact use the import feature, thanks for the explanation.

I already did what you suggested (setting the quality to 720p) and it picked up the right release afterwards.

Keep up the good work Smile

- indy5 - 2011-09-02

Is there something broken with the "automatically add movies" for the top 10? I have this option disabled in the settings, and sure enough, they were downloaded last night.