Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 (/showthread.php?tid=107793)

- Brainfrz - 2011-11-14

athloni Wrote:For me disabling dirty regions fixed it indeed. So is it a bug in Dirty Regions or a bug in Aeon?
And will this be fixed in the next Aeon release?
By now i can safely say it's the Dirty regions. i've played with the setting the last couple of days, and it hasn't crashed once with dirty regions off.

The one thing i can't get my head on though, is why it crashes with DR on. It doesn't happen all the time, and i can't replicate it with a 100% success rate. Also, why doesn't this happen with the other views like movies or music.

In a previous post though the problem is stated as followed:
Quote:This causes crashes and or long pauses (20-40 seconds) when moving from certain views and the main menu and is making the skin unusable on my system with dr enabled.
it isn't a "long pause", i've waited more than an hour and it doesn't come "free". On the other hand, apart from the tv-shows the skin doesn't show any slowdowns or other anomalies.

Is there anyone who can give more insight in what the problem exactly is? If it helps i'd gladly help debugging (i'm not a skinner or developer though, but i know how to read xml/code).

- werwer - 2011-11-14

Since the update I am experiencing one problem with the trailers in Movie section. It has a "glass" effect over it, and it causes ralentizations on it, making it unwatchable.

Is there a way to disable this? in addition to it, i would like to be able to watch the trailer in the box where the fanart is, like in the previous version. Can it be done?

On the other hand, it lasts around 4 seconds in charging the Movies or Series menu in an Asrock Ion 330. I don't know if this is an issue of the skin, or is because of the Pre-Eden I have. Is there a way to speed up this?

I am using a Pre-Eden version compiled around 1st of November under Linux.

Apart from this, great work!

Thanks in advance,

Best regards.

- Brainfrz - 2011-11-14

werwer Wrote:Since the update I am experiencing one problem with the trailers in Movie section. It has a "glass" effect over it, and it causes ralentizations on it, making it unwatchable.

Is there a way to disable this? in addition to it, i would like to be able to watch the trailer in the box where the fanart is, like in the previous version. Can it be done?
you can change the trailer to play in fullscreen by selecting it in skin options => playback => "show trailer in the following mode". i havent found a way to play it in the fanart box.

- hentai23 - 2011-11-14

well did a complete fresh reinstall and now it tells me in menu shortcuts/backdrops under aeonmq3 skin that i need to install the favourites script in order to add a favourite as menu item ? help!!!!Huh?

- hentai23 - 2011-11-14

mattchapman Wrote:ok then can someone help me?
I've installed advanced launcher but i cannot seem to assign this script to one of the open Add-On menus. What am I missing? How do I use the launcher?

well id suggest to add the adv as a program addon just select an addon menu item from them all under shortcuts/backdrops and select it then select the program you wanna asignt to it its that simple Nod

- athloni - 2011-11-14

Brainfrz Wrote:By now i can safely say it's the Dirty regions. i've played with the setting the last couple of days, and it hasn't crashed once with dirty regions off.

The one thing i can't get my head on though, is why it crashes with DR on. It doesn't happen all the time, and i can't replicate it with a 100% success rate. Also, why doesn't this happen with the other views like movies or music.

For me it also freezes with DR enabled after leaving the movie library.
With DR disabled it works without problems.
Other skins like Confluence work without problems with DR enabled.
This didn't happen with older release of MQ3.

- MarcosQui - 2011-11-14

Hi to all, back again after 15 days of hard work, and I have great news for game lovers.

Full support for RCB - Rom Collection Browser.

I thank the Domina by these images.

soon in your home.

- st graveyard - 2011-11-14

OH ... MY ... GOD!!!!

Thank you SO much for this Marcos ... you make dreams come true ;-)

- hentai23 - 2011-11-14

looks nice cant wait to see what you come up with next xD btw anybody able to help me with my problem that i mentioned , it wont let me add favourites to the menu tells me i need the favourites script Huh -.-'

- Martijn - 2011-11-14

hentai23 Wrote:looks nice cant wait to see what you come up with next xD btw anybody able to help me with my problem that i mentioned , it wont let me add favourites to the menu tells me i need the favourites script Huh -.-'

Thought i heard there will be an update for the favourites script soon.

- hentai23 - 2011-11-14

-.-'...when would this be? cause id love to be able to add my favourites as menu items ,who am i kidding i need this to work as it usually did , -.-'

- mattchapman - 2011-11-14

hentai23 Wrote:well id suggest to add the adv as a program addon just select an addon menu item from them all under shortcuts/backdrops and select it then select the program you wanna asignt to it its that simple Nod

unfortunately I have the Advanced Launcher script installed and enabled but it does not show up when prompted to assign a program to the Addon menu. I can add Rom Collection Browser this way but for some reason Advanced Launcher is not an option.

- hentai23 - 2011-11-14

-.-' then youre doing something wrong have you installed adv through angels repository?

- mattchapman - 2011-11-14

hentai23 Wrote:-.-' then youre doing something wrong have you installed adv through angels repository?

Yes I did. Maybe it is clashing with something else (Rom Collec Browser?).
I will investigate.....

ps - I am using DHARMA. Maybe a problem?

- oceanis - 2011-11-14

First of all, amazing skin! It really does look awesome :]

Am I just being an idiot or is there a way to change the shutdown menu? The one that brings up the power buttons at the bottom of the screen when I press the power button on my remote? It's just the one at the moment has quite a lot of buttons where I only really need shutdown and quit.
Thanks a lot Smile