Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 (/showthread.php?tid=107793)

- fattoony - 2011-11-28

Dirty regions
seem to be working much better with the latest update!
I found these settings to be the best on my system...

<gui>
<algorithmdirtyregions>3</algorithmdirtyregions>
<visualizedirtyregions>false</visualizedirtyregions>
<nofliptimeout>0</nofliptimeout>
</gui>

but have a play around algorithm 1, 2, 3 and nofliptimeout seem to affect the level of stability.

Thanks MarcosQui,
It may not always seem like it with the moaning and bitchin but as has been said before the vast majority use and love your hard work, thanks,

- fattoony - 2011-11-28

If anyone is interested in removing the recent box that hovers above the main menu, tv/movies/settings without loosing the ability to "arrow up" to access the recent overview,
you can do so by editing the...
/XBMC/addons/skin.aeonmq.3/720p/MultiFunctionWidget.xml

edit between the visible tags (underlined) you can remove all the boxes or just the ones you don't want. Just make sure if you remove all, to leave behind the []

<!-- Latest Movie/TVShow/Music/Info AeonMQ -->
<control type="group">
<include>Animation_OpenCloseSlideWidget</include>
<visible>[Container(300).HasFocus(1) + Library.HasContent(Music) | Container(300).HasFocus(6) + Library.HasContent(Movies) | Container(300).HasFocus(7) + Library.HasContent(TVShows) | Container(300).HasFocus(9)]</visible>

Probably not the most elegant way but it works

- JohnVee - 2011-11-28

fattoony Wrote:If anyone is interested in removing the recent box that hovers above the main menu, tv/movies/settings without loosing the ability to "arrow up" to access the recent overview,
you can do so by editing the...
/XBMC/addons/skin.aeonmq.3/720p/MultiFunctionWidget.xml

edit between the visible tags (underlined) you can remove all the boxes or just the ones you don't want. Just make sure if you remove all, to leave behind the []

<!-- Latest Movie/TVShow/Music/Info AeonMQ -->
<control type="group">
<include>Animation_OpenCloseSlideWidget</include>
<visible>[Container(300).HasFocus(1) + Library.HasContent(Music) | Container(300).HasFocus(6) + Library.HasContent(Movies) | Container(300).HasFocus(7) + Library.HasContent(TVShows) | Container(300).HasFocus(9)]</visible>

Probably not the most elegant way but it works

Thanks for posting this!!

- Omegatron - 2011-11-28

chippie Wrote:Think your issue with static posters is probably realted more to your hardware than anything else as I do not have this issue in MQ2 with 8000 movies.

I assume the views are connected. Try adding Trailers to a seperate Menu Item and see if you can keep different views that way.

Hardware issue was my first guess aswell, im not really bothered with it.

I created an addon shortcut to apple movie trailers lite in main menu. Is this what you mean? Because like this the views are connected. Its not that big a deal but the four empty thumbs in trailers doesnt look nice. If there is a workaround to change the view from trailers seperate from the movie view please let me know.

- RavenNL - 2011-11-28

chippie Wrote:@Marcos

You definately need some time out, very well deserved!

But whilst you are around lol! When you get time could you look at something (not posting on google code as not sure it is a bug)

I have a large movie collection, in MQ2 when I fast scroll left to right in Showcase all the covers refresh very quickly however in MQ3 if I do the same they remain static when scrolling and only refresh once I stop. This only happens on very large lists.

Thanks.

+1 experienced that as well, but also had it with MQ2.

This weekend I checked out aeon nox & showtime and noticed that I dont have any problems with those skins when using showview and scroll fast to left or right.

- M@tze - 2011-11-28

On the weekend I (ok, my wife did Wink) dicovered that the weather plugin does'nt work anymore - got an "script failure". As I rarely used it the last time, I dont know if this is old news and what to do to get it working again. Tried both weather plugins, the one gave me the error message and while using the other I don't got a menu entry for weather in the main menu?!

Has anybody a suggestion how to fix this?

@MarcosQui

Great to see you still around here. I missunderstood you, thought you drop every work on the project until feel better ...

- Omegatron - 2011-11-28

M@tze Wrote:On the weekend I (ok, my wife did Wink) dicovered that the weather plugin does'nt work anymore - got an "script failure". As I rarely used it the last time, I dont know if this is old news and what to do to get it working again. Tried both weather plugins, the one gave me the error message and while using the other I don't got a menu entry for weather in the main menu?!

Has anybody a suggestion how to fix this?

Hi M@tze,

The problems with the weather plugin are fixed (at least for me). i dont know if u run XBMC pre-eden but the lastest nightly has a new plugin "world weather online" With this it works again.

Or you can use the latest Weather+ plugin, at the following link you can download the lastest version: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=941785&postcount=610

- Omegatron - 2011-11-28

Hi

I was wondering if i could have more then 1 RSS feed in xbmc using MQ3.

this is what i found on xbmc wiki:

...You can also have multiple sets, but note that most skins use by default only the first set. So, if you want to display the other sets as well, you will need to edit the skin XML. See details in the RSS feed Control page for more information on adding these feeds to a skin....

So now im not sure if its possible can anyone tell me?

Another thing. Often my RSS feed dissapears and doesnt come back until i restart xbmc. is this an xbmc issue or skin? and anyway to solve it?

- deh2k7 - 2011-11-28

MarcosQui Wrote:Yes, you is right at this point.

Just to clarify to all dear users:

I not dropped the project, nor will I do this !
Only a few days is all it I need. Wink

For those who did not notice the version 1.1.1 was released on the 26th.

Best regards.

Marcos - Thanks for your hard work and updates!

- wanderer - 2011-11-28

Bug report: Watch overlay is not working in "landscape" with "fixed list" set.

- gargoyle67 - 2011-11-28

wanderer Wrote:Bug report: Watch overlay is not working in "landscape" with "fixed list" set.
Yes, I'm still having trouble with this, I thought it was supposed to be fixed in the new release, Guess not.
Just reported it on the issue page.

- M@tze - 2011-11-28

Ajedi Wrote:Hi M@tze,

The problems with the weather plugin are fixed (at least for me). i dont know if u run XBMC pre-eden but the lastest nightly has a new plugin "world weather online" With this it works again.

Or you can use the latest Weather+ plugin, at the following link you can download the lastest version: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=941785&postcount=610

Hi Ajedi, thx for the help!

Hmm, ... I tried it one minute ago, but did'nt work (for me). Sad

I already had the weather.plus script installed, the version was 2.5.2 and I get the error message "script error: weather.weatherplus". I use dharma at the moment ...

Another solution?

- Omegatron - 2011-11-28

M@tze Wrote:Hi Ajedi, thx for the help!

Hmm, ... I tried it one minute ago, but did'nt work (for me). Sad

I already had the weather.plus script installed, the version was 2.5.2 and I get the error message "script error: weather.weatherplus". I use dharma at the moment ...

Another solution?

hmm then i would suggest you go to the weather plus thread and put your log there to see if they can help you m8.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=95329

I dont know if its a dharma issue but im on the latest nightly and it works perfect for me. you could try switch to pre-eden. if you do then delete xbmc but keep the profile folder (it asks you when you uninstall xbmc) then get the latest nighly with weather plus.

For me this is 2 mins work. but up to you ofc. (you can alsways check the tread i linked)

- deh2k7 - 2011-11-29

Marcos - have you seen this addon for managing/displaying movie sets? Any thoughts or interest in integrating this into MQ3 or MQ4?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=89163

No Plugins on Second User Account, pre-eden - farr3ll - 2011-11-29

im currently running pre-eden nightly bulid on aeon mq3 skin. when i add an extra user account i get an script.common.plugin.cache failed error on log in. needless to say the plugins are not available in the extra user account.

anyone else experienced this?