Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 (/showthread.php?tid=107793)

- st graveyard - 2011-11-29

deh2k7 Wrote:Marcos - have you seen this addon for managing/displaying movie sets? Any thoughts or interest in integrating this into MQ3 or MQ4?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=89163

I'm interested in this as well ... perhaps post this on Marcos google code page as a possibility for the future?

- tomcoleman - 2011-11-29

how do i upgrade the skin via the GUI i cant find the option

- XELOR - 2011-11-29

Hi There,
I am using 1.1.1 on 10.1 Dharma and for some odd reason custom backdrops are not working. If I set a directory for multiple it just displays a black screen. If I try to set a single custom backdrop I can browse to a file just fine and see the preview in the file browser but even when I set it it just stays back on the homescreen.

Any ideas why this is happening?

- chippie - 2011-11-29

XELOR Wrote:Hi There,
I am using 1.1.1 on 10.1 Dharma and for some odd reason custom backdrops are not working. If I set a directory for multiple it just displays a black screen. If I try to set a single custom backdrop I can browse to a file just fine and see the preview in the file browser but even when I set it it just stays back on the homescreen.

Any ideas why this is happening?

This started after the last update, not sure why!

Just move your backdrops folder up to just off your root until it is fixed, worked for me.

Aspect Ratio for scope screen - 3dpo - 2011-11-29

Marcosqui - thank you for this awesome skin, it was the main reason I decided to try xbmc again after a many year adventure with mediacenter.

A huge added bonus for me coming back to xbmc is that I have set up a custom resolution for my 2.35:1 scope screen. This allow me to play 16:9 content on the full scope screen. Using the vertical position in playback, most shows you couldn't tell they were supposed to be shot in 16:9. Just incredible!!!

Now for my question - The video aspect ratios are correct while playing a video, but xbmc and Aeon Mq3 are stretching all my covers. Is there a way to have it maintain or scale the aspect ratio of the covers? I believe everything else is stretched also but it doesn't bother me, just the square looking covers do. Screenshots below. I am using showcase view. Pre-Eden, Aeon 1.1.1 Thanks again.

PS, I also have the same backdrop problem as the posts above.

16:9 aspect

2.35:1 aspect (covers are stretched)

- Omegatron - 2011-11-30

I have enabled the option to show artist biography when playing music. But when i play music i cant see or find the biography anywhere.

What am i missing? Do i need a special addon or is there a special way to see the biography in main menu or wherever?

Thanks.

- XELOR - 2011-11-30

chippie Wrote:This started after the last update, not sure why!

Just move your backdrops folder up to just off your root until it is fixed, worked for me.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

- vI3Tz - 2011-11-30

Ajedi Wrote:I have enabled the option to show artist biography when playing music. But when i play music i cant see or find the biography anywhere.

What am i missing? Do i need a special addon or is there a special way to see the biography in main menu or wherever?

Thanks.

Are you sure the information is available? Go to Music-Artists and press i to see the information belonging to the artist. There the biography should be displayed. If not, press reload and it should get it.

- M@tze - 2011-11-30

Ajedi Wrote:hmm then i would suggest you go to the weather plus thread and put your log there to see if they can help you m8.

Don't know what happened, I changed nothing, but now its working! Oo

Ajedi Wrote:I have enabled the option to show artist biography when playing music. But when i play music i cant see or find the biography anywhere.

Same problem here! I told it once or twice in this thread, that this is not working for me.

vI3Tz Wrote:Are you sure the information is available? Go to Music-Artists and press i to see the information belonging to the artist. There the biography should be displayed. If not, press reload and it should get it.

Yes, all artists informations are scraped. Information modus show me biography but not during playback.

- toineb - 2011-12-01

chippie Wrote:Hey James, it really just happens in Showcase where it is noticable.

It seems to start at just over 300 movies in the list when I get static images but then once you scroll through the whole list once it speeds up to normal and refreshes the posters as normal. The more you add after that the more static posters you get...

Just tested again in MQ2 with my whole collection of 8000 movies and the poster refresh is smooth as butter so am sure it is connected to the skin.

EDIT - Multiplex judders quite a bit with the large volumes and when scrolling I get lots of blank posters but the ones I can see are refreshing and not static, think this is acceptable. Just the showcase view apperas to have an issue scrolling large collections.

I was having a similar problem. Have you tried updateing to a newer nightly ?

It cured the problem for me

- toineb - 2011-12-01

MarcosQui Wrote:Yes, you is right at this point.

Just to clarify to all dear users:

I not dropped the project, nor will I do this !
Only a few days is all it I need. Wink

For those who did not notice the version 1.1.1 was released on the 26th.

Best regards.

Good to see you back.

We are entering December soon, you should take december off and spend it with your family, chill out and relax. Come back to MQ3 in the new year, fully recharged to look at all the requests that have been made Wink

- chippie - 2011-12-01

toineb Wrote:I was having a similar problem. Have you tried updateing to a newer nightly ?

It cured the problem for me

I update daily. Are you running the same volumes I am? The problem starts at around 300 movies and at around 500 all posters are static whilst scrolling until it does full circle when they refresh properly apart from the leading end one. As mentioned I do not have this issue with MQ2... so cannot see how it is connected to the nightly builds.

EDIT: Should add running on Win7 x64 with more than adequate hardware.

- Nautilus - 2011-12-01

Zxurian Wrote:Could you point me to where the order of menu items displayed is? (file / line numbers, etc..)

Hi, I was also wondering this as my XBMC always opens into Add-ons menu. Seems that you are able to re-order menu items from the Includes.xml file. For example if you are using Eden, starting from the line:

9181: <include name="homemenu_edenmode">

Method is the same, just re-order the <item> blocks. For reason or another, my configuration always open to the third <item> block, I guess the two preceding blocks are then on the left side and then continuing from that (I only have 5 items in the menu)...

Artwork Downloader? - Fuunk - 2011-12-01

Hello,

Thank you for this excellent skin I've been using for some months.

Last week I downloaded artwork downloader that replace fanart downloader. It didn't work properly with mq3 (bad pictures while browsing movies in library mode).

Yesterday, I saw that Aeon mq3 was updated on nov 26th to comply with artwork downloader features. I updated aeon to 1.1.1, re-installed the artwork script using the final 1.0. But problems are the same : extra thumbs shown are locked on those from one of my movies, and today I added a new movie, the background fanart showed is the one of another movie. I just looked at the log : fanart are well downloaded for new movies. The new extrafanart file directory is full of pictures for each movie. The log file don't show any error, while the wrong pictures are shown. I can see one error in the log :

Quote:01:27:52 T:2516 NOTICE: initializing playlistplayer
01:27:52 T:2516 NOTICE: DONE initializing playlistplayer
01:27:52 T:5232 ERROR: CRemoteControl::Connect - failed to connect
01:27:52 T:2516 ERROR: invalid rss url set referenced in skin
01:27:52 T:2516 ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
01:27:52 T:2516 ERROR: unmatched parentheses in substring(Container(510).ListItem.Property(RunningTime),min

I guess the rss error has nothing to do with my problem, I don't care this.
Is this a mq3 related problem, or should I ask to the artwork downloader team?

- Martijn - 2011-12-01

Fuunk Wrote:Hello,
I guess the rss error has nothing to do with my problem, I don't care this.
Is this a mq3 related problem, or should I ask to the artwork downloader team?

If the correct extrathumbs/extrafanart is located inside the movie folder it is the skin. So check the artwork on your folder. If it does belongs to that perticulair movie then the add-on has done it's job like it should. The rest is out of our hands.