Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon (/showthread.php?tid=108124)

- wgscott - 2012-02-18

BlueCop Wrote:Favorited lists are stored in your the tv.db and movie.db in userdata/addon_settings/plugin.amazon.video/

I'm not finding this anywhere (Mac OS X), either in ~/.xbmc or within /Applications/XBMC.app/

I'm unclear where else to go hunting...

OK, I think I found the relevant files in

/Users/home/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.amazon

the unix "file" command tells me tells me it is a SQLite 3.x database file. Am I supposed to edit this and manually add favorites, or what?

Sorry to be an idiot, but I am a bit perplexed.

- jmontana - 2012-02-19

Is there a reason why the addon is unable to find everything that is available in Prime? For example, "Yo Gabba Gabba", which my kids really want to watch, is not listed in the addon, but I can see it and watch it from the website.

- Lunatixz - 2012-02-19

jmontana Wrote:Is there a reason why the addon is unable to find everything that is available in Prime? For example, "Yo Gabba Gabba", which my kids really want to watch, is not listed in the addon, but I can see it and watch it from the website.

You can thank amazon for that... they are adding DRM to the media, Bluecop is working on getting things working again

- jmontana - 2012-02-19

Lunatixz Wrote:You can thank amazon for that... they are adding DRM to the media, Bluecop is working on getting things working again

Ah. I thought DRM was the reason why found items wouldn't play. I didn't realize they wouldn't show up in the listings at all.

- Lunatixz - 2012-02-19

jmontana Wrote:Ah. I thought DRM was the reason why found items wouldn't play. I didn't realize they wouldn't show up in the listings at all.

I believe they are removing content while they replace it with copy protected versions...

- devicenull - 2012-02-19

wgscott Wrote:I am a newcomer to XBMC and the Amazon plug-in, which was my main motivation for installing XBMC on my Mac mini and my ATV2. Both work quite well. For whatever reason, the plug-in seems more stable on ATV2.

I've read this thread and poked around quite a bit, but I still have absolutely no clue how to use the "favorited" functionality.

I realize this is likely a RTFM question, but I honestly don't know where to begin, so any pointers would really help. (I have no problems with doing this via file editing and the command-line, if that is what is involved.)

Also, thanks very much for doing this.

Press 'c' when you have a show you want to favorite selected.

- thesoko - 2012-02-20

I'm also sad that Amazon is DRM'ing things. I can't even get it working on my Linux desktop, boo!

Love that this plugin has worked for as long as it has though. Thanks bluecop!

- devicenull - 2012-02-21

Is anyone else seeing hard crashes of XBMC when you try to play anything? I'm suspecting this is an issue with my install of XBMC, but doesn't hurt to ask. Stack trace looks like this:

Code:
Program terminated with signal 6, Aborted.
#0  0x00007f73e4708475 in raise () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6

Thread 13 (Thread 0x7f73d523e700 (LWP 6739)):
#0  0x00007f73e47a3cc3 in poll () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
#1  0x00007f73e721be22 in ?? () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libasound.so.2
#2  0x00007f73e7220254 in ?? () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libasound.so.2
#3  0x00007f73e722a8cb in snd_pcm_mmap_writei () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libasound.so.2
#4  0x00007f73e6d1f0d2 in ?? () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libSDL-1.2.so.0
#5  0x00007f73e6cf200f in ?? () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libSDL-1.2.so.0
#6  0x00007f73e6cfa575 in ?? () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libSDL-1.2.so.0
#7  0x00007f73e6d3f8a9 in ?? () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libSDL-1.2.so.0
#8  0x00007f73e98e7b50 in start_thread () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0
#9  0x00007f73e47ae90d in clone () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
#10 0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()

- sirmeili - 2012-02-21

Bluecop, I know that amazon is slowly replacing content with DRM copies, but I was wondering if you could add a small update to this script and include the duration of the video in the NFO files? I'm not sure if you get this info from Amazon or not, but I'm using PseudoTV and it won't load files that have no duration.

Thanks!

If not, I'll just modify the plugin to add a duration of about 361 seconds (The max setting in PseudoTV to be included in the EPG).

some not working - atlkidz - 2012-02-24

thank u for a great addon,but some movies give me script errors,while some play with no problem..anyone knows why?

Thanks to Bluecop - kieseld - 2012-02-26

Just gotta put my two cents in and thank Bluecop for the work he has done on the Amazon Prime plugin coding! It's developers like him that make this kind of software community churn out such cool stuff.

- devicenull - 2012-02-26

atlkidz Wrote:thank u for a great addon,but some movies give me script errors,while some play with no problem..anyone knows why?

Did you even bother attempting to read the last page or two of the thread?

- TheWaterbug - 2012-03-06

devicenull Wrote:Press 'c' when you have a show you want to favorite selected.
Is there an alternate way to do this if you're using just a D-pad-style remote? I don't have any sort of keyboard hooked up to my aTV.

- BlueCop - 2012-03-06

I believe a long press on select brings up the context menu for atv2. it might be long press menu.

Minor tweak to searchprime.py made Amazon Prime work - Nemu - 2012-03-06

Hi all -

Forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this. I was unable to use Amazon Prime due to an error in decoding the page listing. After a tiny bit of hackery (which is different from hacking in that I don't know what I'm doing) everything worked fine. The change was made in:
addons/plugin.video.amazon/resources/lib/searchprime.py

circa line 43, changed from:
Code:
movietitle = video.find('',attrs={'class':'title'}).a.string
url = video.find('div',attrs={'class':'title'}).a['href'] #
to:
Code:
movietitle = video.find('',attrs={'class':'data'}).a.string
url = video.find('div',attrs={'class':'data'}).a['href'] #
(Note: whitespace was removed to make this readable; that is, of course, a python no-no)

I was then able to watch what I wanted (which was, incidentally, Downton Abbey. FYI - watching an episode of that gets you the same erudite yuppy street cred as reading a book.)

Mods - feel free to delete / relocate this if I've posted in the wrong place. This thread kept coming up as I was trying to resolve the issue, so I thought my "fix" might be useful here as well.

- Nem