Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon (/showthread.php?tid=108124)

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - jmuck78 - 2012-06-24

Hey BlueCop - awesome work on this plugin. I bet it had to be frustrating for a while - you make an update and get it working, and then we run in to the DRM wall...glad you're still keeping up with it.

I do have a request - can you implement the export to library function from the watch list movies and tv show folders? It seems redundant to have to go through and mark tv and movie favorites in addition to the watch list just to be able to export to the library. I normally use xbmc.mylibrary for the tv/movie integration - with the exception of the amazon tv shows, primarily because you have a better implementation for dealing with the way amazon groups (or doesn't group) tv seasons into shows (i.e. every season of a show appears as a separate item in the tv show watch list).

Also, is it possible to aggregate the tv seasons in to shows in the watch list as you did in the main television folder?

Again, your work is much appreciated!

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - BlueCop - 2012-06-24

Sure it was actually on my to do list. I was going to have a few modes for exporting items from purchases, watchlist and even the featured lists if you wanted.

I was going to make it flexible where you can essentially choose to export almost any listing from a context item on it. This could include All Shows or All Movies but It would be a a lot of files.

i think library exporting might be broken right now. anything you already exported will continue to work. I just haven't updated it for the database changes i made with the recent updates. I was going to redo much of it implement the features I mentioned above.

I could group the seasons into shows for watchlist, purchases or the featured listings. I was thinking of taking the Series ID for the featured season listings and then listing them as Series rather then Seasons. Then their items would list all prime available seasons for the show. It seems many of the featured listings only list a single season of a show so it would work pretty well I think. I could put in some duplicate show detection in case more then one season of a show is listed so you wouldn't get duplicate show listings.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - jmuck78 - 2012-06-24

Sounds like you know what I want better than I do...

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - jimmymcmahon - 2012-06-24

Is this still not workig in the UK (without having to use one of those vpn type sites ) ?
I see Hulu has been edited to get round the geo lock. Same deal here ? I have a real debrid premium account.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - BlueCop - 2012-06-24

no, no, no

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - Clutchless - 2012-06-24

Thanks for the big update and all the hard work! Can't believe Amazon hasn't expanded supported platforms as of yet.
I'm watching SG-1 from season 1 all over again myself (season 2 right now), happy it was added to Amazon.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - philipacentaur - 2012-06-25

Great work, as usual, man. Amazon just got another customer because of you.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - DeadpoolSA - 2012-06-25

There's an Amazon Prime movie that I tried searching for and could not find in the plugin. Search came up with 0 results. So I added it to my Watchlist and when I try to load the Watchlist the plugin crashes. The movie works fine on Amazon's site. It doesn't have any art associated with it though, could that be a problem?

EDIT: On another movie I'm getting a swf2verify error and it won't play. Seems to be the only movie that gives me that. Odd.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - BlueCop - 2012-06-25

whats the movie? will a girl kill me in 7 days?

i want to replicate the problem.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - DeadpoolSA - 2012-06-25

(2012-06-25, 03:35)BlueCop Wrote: whats the movie? will a girl kill me in 7 days?

i want to replicate the problem.

This is the first one that doesn't show up at all and crashes my watchlist.

http://www.amazon.com/Mystery-Science-Theater-3000-Time/dp/B0087K8GLK/ref=sr_1_61?s=instant-video&ie=UTF8&qid=1340523285&sr=1-61

EDIT: OK I removed it from my watchlist and tried adding another movie that I know works to the watchlist. The watchlist still crashes when it tries to load. So this movie isn't crashing the watchlist, but I still can't even find it via searching. Seems the watchlist crashing is a whole other issue. I uninstalled the plugin and installed it again and it's still doing the same. Odd.

I figured out the issue. I will try to update soon.

I was almost finished with some other changes to the watch list and featured tv listing. I will commit the fix with that.

Search doesn't seem to return results for items that don't have thumbnails. I didn't realize this. that kinda sucks but hopefully somewhat rare

jmuck78: I committed an update that added a setting to list watchlist television as show or season. right now it lists all prime available seasons if by show. I plan to have it filter based on the watchlist in the future.

It also lists feature television as shows rather then seasons.

It also fixes the bug DeadpoolSA was having.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - philipacentaur - 2012-06-25

FYI: Shows previously exported to the library are getting 403'd today. Playing the same streams seems to work fine from within the plugin though.

Scratch that. I guess the shows that I added to the library somehow got removed from my favorites. I re-added them and they played fine from the library again.

philipacentaur: actually it was a bug from the upgrade. It stores your cookie file in the addon directory. when an upgrade occurs the addon directory is removed and replaced. Your cookie file also gets removed. It only gets cookies again when you relaunch the plugin for it logs in. If you instead play an amazon video from your xbmc library before launching the plugin then it will try to play the file without a cookie file present and you get 403. I will work on a fix for that.

Okay, thanks. That makes more sense. Sorry about the magical thinking; I should know better than to suggest a cause without knowing for sure. I hate when people do that to me.