Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon (/showthread.php?tid=108124)

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - redhat123 - 2013-02-07

(2013-02-06, 19:54)MoeDee Wrote: Awsome plugin..
As it was working already nicely on my ATV1 it now is working on my minix x5 with the latest xbmc.
Latest xbmc master - xbmc libstagefright has some mpg4 replay issues I encountered as well..

Did you update librtmp.so on this box to get it working? If yes, then could you please let me know how to do it in Android? I have phone with 4.1.2 android build and can't find the existing file or directory structure for librtmp.so file.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - MoeDee - 2013-02-07

(2013-02-07, 04:00)redhat123 Wrote:
As it was working already nicely on my ATV1 it now is working on my minix x5 with the latest xbmc.
Latest xbmc master - xbmc libstagefright has some mpg4 replay issues I encountered as well..

Did you update librtmp.so on this box to get it working? If yes, then could you please let me know how to do it in Android? I have phone with 4.1.2 android build and can't find the existing file or directory structure for librtmp.so file.

it should be located @ /data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/lib

it seems u need to be rooted...
i am running the NEO X5 with rooted stock 4.1.1

at least that is where i found one..
i am not sure that i did replace it as it has a different date now.. i believe the date of the version of xbmc i installed (the master test build below..)

but retracing what i did:
installed from mirrors.xbmc.org a test version of the hardware accelerated xbmc versions..
there i had the problem that the mpeg4 videos were messed up a bit.. and i also noticed that there was a master build:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/android/ from feb 5th which i just installed over that version.

i had hulu and amazon prime already installed.

in regards of the librtmp.so i need to investigate...
i will update my post with the version i did use to update the hardware accelerated install though...
the key info: i did not uninstall the previous version of xbmc!
but now i got to leave for work... update late 2nite EST..

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - redhat123 - 2013-02-07

(2013-02-07, 13:23)MoeDee Wrote:
(2013-02-07, 04:00)redhat123 Wrote:

it should be located @ /data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/lib

it seems u need to be rooted...
i am running the NEO X5 with rooted stock 4.1.1

at least that is where i found one..
i am not sure that i did replace it as it has a different date now.. i believe the date of the version of xbmc i installed (the master test build below..)

but retracing what i did:
installed from mirrors.xbmc.org a test version of the hardware accelerated xbmc versions..
there i had the problem that the mpeg4 videos were messed up a bit.. and i also noticed that there was a master build:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/android/ from feb 5th which i just installed over that version.

i had hulu and amazon prime already installed.

in regards of the librtmp.so i need to investigate...
i will update my post with the version i did use to update the hardware accelerated install though...
the key info: i did not uninstall the previous version of xbmc!
but now i got to leave for work... update late 2nite EST..

Thanks for the detailed response. Both of my devices are indeed rooted and running custom ROMs. I installed the Frodo RC build from xbmc.org/download and everything else was running fine except Amazon/Hulu. I tried latest nightly build of xbmc and it seems to load Amazon/Hulu vidoes on my phone now. I still don't see any directory structure mentioned above with the librtmp.so file.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - jimrin - 2013-02-09

So far, I have not been able to get the Amazon Prime Instant Video plugin to work with the latest XBMC build (Frodo) on my Toshiba Excite AT300 tablet running Jellybean. I was able to get it to work on my mom's Viewsonic gTablet. Sigh. Anyway, since the log documenting the failure is under /data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc... , I've found that this directory is restricted even from read access, so I cannot even get to the log. And then to replace librtmp.so which is also under /data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc seems to mean I am out of luck.

If there is anyone out there in a similar situation as me but was able to get the Amazon Prime Instant Video plugin working, please let me know. Thanks! I guess the bright spot is that a nightly build of XBMC does have the Amazon plug-in working, but I did get some sporadic behavior from the nightly build...

I think this is the last time for me to buy a Toshiba tablet...

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - BlueCop - 2013-02-09

jimrin: I don't think it is the tablet fault. I believe it is the something in the android build process. I think builds for other platforms include a newer librtmp.

It is a confluence of events that is causing issues really. The rtmpdump/librtmp needed for the amazon and hulu plug-ins to work is not version-ed. The last stable version released was 2.3. This is too old for our purposes. So it requires a newer git version which many people dubbed 2.4 . This has been the case since Edens release. The XBMC Team doesn't really want to incorporate a git version into their build. They wanted a stable version to be included. This doesn't exist yet because rtmpdump developers do not have an official stable version. I think they compromised on a specific git version but I am not sure.

It is so easy to download source, compile, and install on linux that it isn't much of an issue for me. What sucks is all the SDKs and dependencies required to build for other platforms.

I found a newer librtmp.so compiled for xbmc android from the xda forum a while back. I believe I requested it but forgot and found it at some point later. I used it on a girl friends nexus 7 to get the plugins working.

Anyway back to cleaning up my apartment. It is too messy. I plan to spend time updating code after I finish off physical things I need to get done around here.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - jpreville - 2013-02-10

Hey Guys...

Is there an option to turn on 5.1 audio streams?

Thanks

John

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - MoeDee - 2013-02-10

(2013-02-10, 04:26)jpreville Wrote: Hey Guys...

Thanks

John

Check your audio settings in xbmc... If supported..

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - jimrin - 2013-02-10

(2013-02-09, 22:16)BlueCop Wrote: jimrin: I don't think it is the tablet fault. I believe it is the something in the android build process. I think builds for other platforms include a newer librtmp.

It is a confluence of events that is causing issues really. The rtmpdump/librtmp needed for the amazon and hulu plug-ins to work is not version-ed. The last stable version released was 2.3. This is too old for our purposes. So it requires a newer git version which many people dubbed 2.4 . This has been the case since Edens release. The XBMC Team doesn't really want to incorporate a git version into their build. They wanted a stable version to be included. This doesn't exist yet because rtmpdump developers do not have an official stable version. I think they compromised on a specific git version but I am not sure.

It is so easy to download source, compile, and install on linux that it isn't much of an issue for me. What sucks is all the SDKs and dependencies required to build for other platforms.

I found a newer librtmp.so compiled for xbmc android from the xda forum a while back. I believe I requested it but forgot and found it at some point later. I used it on a girl friends nexus 7 to get the plugins working.

Anyway back to cleaning up my apartment. It is too messy. I plan to spend time updating code after I finish off physical things I need to get done around here.

Yes, thanks. I'm referring to the fact that Toshiba has decided to make it as difficult as possible for people to root the device. Yes, other manufacturers have as well, but other manufacturers' attempts usually fail. I think manufacturers should accept the fact that there are some people who want to root their devices, especially when they are not on contract. (The lack of rooting obviously causes other limitations on the Toshiba tablet as well.)

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - Scott R - 2013-02-10

Hi, I just started playing around with XBMC again the last couple of days (had switched over to Plex, but now I'm thinking I'll be back in XBMC-land w/PleXBMC). Anyways, I found/installed this plug-in and it seems to be working for me, so thank you very much! One issue:

I suspect this is outside of your control, but just in case there *is* something you can do about it, I thought I'd bring it to your attention (if you aren't already aware). On my 2011 MacBook Air (Intel HD3000), I get a 1-pixel rainbow-colored line running along the bottom of my video, and also along the right-most side (up/down) if I have Hardware Acceleration (VDADecoder) turned on. If I turn it off, the line goes away.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - kavond - 2013-02-11

(2013-02-10, 15:49)MoeDee Wrote:
(2013-02-10, 04:26)jpreville Wrote: Hey Guys...

Thanks

John

Check your audio settings in xbmc... If supported..

I have the same problem. All my local media works fine 5.1 but amazon is always stereo. I just assumed it was a limitation with the plugin.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - m3shark - 2013-02-17

Hi,

I can't seem to get the Amazon Plugin to play and videos. I can log in and browse videos just fine. However, when I go to play a video a box pops up that says "Opening Stream" then quickly goes away and nothing happens. Other times when I try to play a video, the same box pops up followed by another box that reads "playback failed one or more items failed to play. check log file for details". I'n both cases videos never play.

The is on Frodo. I've added a pastebin link of my xbmc.log file after this error:
(Note In this log I attempted to play the video twice, first time it did not display the failed message, but never played, second time it desplayed the fail message)
http://pastebin.com/UanUhzMn

Also, I installed your Free Cable plugin as well. When I installed that one, I remember messing with updating librtmp in order to get it to work. So, librtmp is at a newer version, and that plugin is working just fine(And thank you for it as it is wonderful).

Any ideas what may be keeping videos from playing?

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - rototo - 2013-02-17

Hi there. pretty new to xmbc so maybe I'm missing something obvious
installed Frodo on my Ubuntu,
I wanted to install that plugin so I downloaded the .zip, installed it, but when I click on bluecop repository , there's zero entry/plugin inside, nothing called video plugins or anything else,
so I'm scratching my head here...

edit : ok, "force recheck" made plugins visible so I could install amazon plugin
now it's weird, chosing any video (available for streaming from my browser) with this plugin selects...the trailer (or "trailer not available" when it doesn't exist), not the movie itself...

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - p4trykx - 2013-02-18

I have the same problem with Amazon an Hulu plug-in. They stopped working few days ago. It does not work on Raspberry Pi (Xbian) and on my laptop. Does those plugins work for anyone now?

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - locoguano - 2013-02-18

Works fine here... Usually only goes to trailers if the login info is blank or incorrect.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - gurgietrueshot - 2013-02-19

(2013-01-05, 21:29)BlueCop Wrote: gurgietrueshot & felixxx999: Indeed I can replicate these issues. Thank you the details you provides about the problem. I am looking into the problem. It is probably something wrong with the database logic.

I am trying to get the code for building the prime database fixed. It has bugs that would cause some episodes to be missing. I think this is due to api request limits that I didn't implement properly. I would probably do better with documentation but I have just been figuring it out from logs of many types of api requests.

I plan to work on this today. I will see what I can get done.

Edit: I fixed the bug with the 20 episode limit when building a new prime database. I am building a new television db now. i will refresh the movies too and update them.

I was just wondering if these database updates fixed the missing watch list items. I haven't seen any improvement on my end but I'm not sure if I'm missing a step I needed to do to resolve the issue. Any sort of update would be appreciated (even if it is I'm still working on it or You, idiot I fixed that weeks ago just do 'x' to get it to work).

Thanks