Kodi Community Forum
[Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon (/showthread.php?tid=108556)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - xboxpob - 2012-03-31

Luving this addon!  One issue i'm having is that playlists don't always play the next video, some remain paused and i have to press play to continue the song. This seems to be random.

The ability to download videos would be ace!

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - BlueCop - 2012-03-31

xboxpob: check your streaming settings.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - BlueCop - 2012-04-01

another update.

This ones add these features.

A "List Tours" context item on all artists to view upcoming tour dates for that artist.

"New Playlist","Queue Alll" on all "*Play*" and "*Play All*" items.

This makes it easy to make a new playlist that is populated from an existing video list. Like all the videos of an artists or The most viewed videos of all time.

The Queue options should make it easy to build large playlists of videos.

I decided to leave the shuffling up to the user. You can go to Now Playing and enable shuffle if you want.

I was wanting some feedback on the Lyric Subtitles. I redid some timing settings on it a bit.

Update:

I added some sorting options to artist video lists. year,genre,record label, name, playlist order.

This won't change the play order when selected from *Play All*

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - xboxpob - 2012-04-01

(2012-03-31, 22:50)BlueCop Wrote: xboxpob: check your streaming settings.

I'm streaming at 720@3328kbps, and i've got unpause hack checked. Shall i drop it down to 720@2528 ?

xboxpob: you might need to adjust the delay of the unpause hack.

try to disable it as well. some people don't need it depending on your cache setting.

You could also always use youtube for playback which doesn't require the hack.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - xboxpob - 2012-04-01

(2012-04-01, 07:32)BlueCop Wrote: xboxpob: you might need to adjust the delay of the unpause hack.

try to disable it as well. some people don't need it depending on your cache setting.

You could also always use youtube for playback which doesn't require the hack.

Thanks BlueCop, i'll have a play round with the settings.

I added a cache for videos.

You set a location to store them and then enable cache.

This will download the video to the location and play it from that there.

If you play that video again from the plugin then it will play the cached version.

It is just a test right now. It was working well for me.

You can scan that location into your music video library if you want. Please don't rename the files or else the plugin won't be able to find them for the cached playback.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - dugan26 - 2012-04-01

(2012-03-31, 01:46)BlueCop Wrote: dugan26: my playlists and my friends are under playlists. Let me know how it works. You enter your login in the settings.

I have my email and password in the configs
Under playlist I only get top playlists
On vevo web I have about 5 playlists ....

Running latest vevo pre Eden win7

dugan26: try checking get a new token.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - krish_2k4 - 2012-04-01

had another idea!

Recently Played, lists the last 10 played videos for quicker navigation.

I often find myself listening to the same few songs each week, will save time having them under Recently Played.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - BlueCop - 2012-04-02

krish_2k4: I going to do a recently viewed, watched, or history. I wasn't sure what to call it. A limited size list of the most recently played videos.

I am curious for some feedback on the caching. It works by saving a copy of the video and then playing it as it downloads. It will always go back and play this file when you select this video in the plugin. You can delete the file and it will just re-fetch it when you play it again in cache mode.

You can skip around the file in cached videos which is nice.

In the cache it will save the video, jpg thumbnail, lyrics converted to srt, and it makes an nfo file for scanning into your xbmc library. You don't even need a music video scrapper to scan it in.

I liked having lyric subtitles saved with the file so I can always just enable them through the menu when playing in cached mode. I don't have to worry about what setting the plugin is in and just have to go enable them through the menu.

Having them saved also allows you to use a subtitle editor on the srt to sync the timing to the video. It starts you with the conversion which is usually pretty close in sync. I might add an option to split by line rather then stanza if anyone is interested. This could be used to make on screen subs that perfectly match the video if someone takes the time to do it.

I did a few play lists of videos and came out with a nice directory of videos ready to be scanned into a library.

They had more meta-data then the XBMC library nfo format has fields. I just slapped it in the plot tag to save the information. here is an example of what an nfo looks like.

Quote:<musicvideo>
<title>Do The Evolution</title>
<artist>Pearl Jam</artist>
<genre>Alternative,Rock,Grunge</genre>
<runtime>240</runtime>
<thumb>http://cache.vevo.com/Content/VevoImages/video/BC71C9C591BDCD0DD6B3DAC32015363F.jpg</thumb>
<plot>
Producer : Brendan O'Brien
Composer : Stone Gossard
AudioISRC : USSM19804844
Label : Epic
UpcCode : 111110182309
Drums : Jack Irons
RepertoireOwner : Epic
Producer : Pearl Jam
2nd Engineer : Sam Hofstedt
Guitar : Stone Gossard
Recording Engineer : Nick DiDia
Bass : Jeff Ament
Guitar : Mike McCready
Mixing Engineer : Brendan O'Brien
Lyricist : Eddie Vedder
Guitar : Eddie Vedder
Vocal : Eddie Vedder
2nd Engineer : Ryan Williams
Engineer : Matt Bayles
2nd Engineer : Matt Bayles
</plot>
<year>2004</year>
<director></director>
<studio>Epic</studio>
</musicvideo>

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - ailingcoot - 2012-04-02

@blucop
If cache enabled, does that mean the VEVO is playing through local disk? So basically no internet needed at that time for one specific song(already cached)?

Thanks for the great work, log-in works great.

ailingcoot: that is correct. you would need an internet connection to use the plugin for any video list though. If the video is cached then it will play the content locally.

You can scan the cache directory into your xbmc music video library and then access them from there completely locally without internet.

I am committing an update now for better handling if you share the cache directory between plugins on the network.

I had the directory on my NAS mapped to a few xbmc installs. I started playing a 1080p video on one install and then selected the video in the plugin on the others and they all played from the cache properly. It would be cool if we could sync their playback. I think i remember someone doing this before. I need to look into it.

I mainly did the caching when I realized how big the 1080p videos can be. I like quality like everyone but streaming 1080p videos was killing my bandwidth. I like to do a playlist and just let it go.

It works much better with caching. the video starts instantly when cached. I can skip around the videos at will and lyric subtitles are available through the menu. It also reduces your bandwidth usage.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - ailingcoot - 2012-04-02

@BlueCop where could I download the old version of VEVO plug-in like version 0.3.8? new plug in works on Win 7 windows. But doesn't work on my other computer. Plug-in error? (platform:Eden,Win Vista?)
here is the log http://pastebin.com/U9b8NvRu

Another difference is on the other computer ,there is no youtube plug in

ailingcoot: where did you set the stored location? is it writable as a local folder?

also it will work like before if you disable the cache.