Kodi Community Forum
[Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon (/showthread.php?tid=108556)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - learningit - 2015-01-27

You also need to use a proxy

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - UKVaper - 2015-02-05

To get this working I had to run the Facebook media addon, ignore the login and select done, then Vevo worked without the script error. It never worked just running the Facebook media addon.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - nguoiaoden - 2015-02-05

I am using windows xp, how to download 1080p video from vevo.com? example url of the form:

Code:
http://hls-aka.vevo.com/v3/hls/2014/09/TWA480406903/5200/twa480406903_5200k_1920x1080_h264_5200_aac_128.m3u8
the output file with the extension mp4 , looking forward to your help Sad((

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - nickr - 2015-02-05

What has this got to do with kodi?

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - learningit - 2015-02-05

(2015-02-05, 20:07)nickr Wrote: What has this got to do with kodi?

Thanks, I was wondering the same thing.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - learningit - 2015-02-05

(2015-02-05, 05:34)UKVaper Wrote: To get this working I had to run the Facebook media addon, ignore the login and select done, then Vevo worked without the script error. It never worked just running the Facebook media addon.
I would be interested in seeing a debug log for the script error. There are different versions of the Facebook addon out there and I wasn't sure which version to set as a dependency for the VEVO addon.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - soconfused711 - 2015-02-22

How to I load the vevo addon onto Kodi once I've downloaded it?

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - learningit - 2015-02-22

(2015-02-22, 19:02)soconfused711 Wrote: How to I load the vevo addon onto Kodi once I've downloaded it?

This is a starting place: HOW-TO:Install_an_Add-on_from_a_zip_file (wiki)

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - Dexterian - 2015-03-27

I need some help with this. Running Gotham 13.2, downloaded 0.8.2 for Vevo and get the following error;
something about a missing module - would help if you included this module should it be missing! Smile

14:42:23 T:4864 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
14:42:23 T:4864 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named BeautifulSoup
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Server\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.vevo-master\default.py", line 10, in <module>
from BeautifulSoup import BeautifulSoup
ImportError: No module named BeautifulSoup
-->End of Python script error report<--
14:42:23 T:4772 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.vevo/?content_type=video
14:42:23 T:4772 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.vevo/?content_type=video) failed
14:42:23 T:1116 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - Dexterian - 2015-03-27

I managed to find a working version of the missing module.
Appears I needed v3 rather than the v4 I had

I get a HTTP error 500 when trying to load playlists - is this expected?
I havent got a vevo account nor have I typed out my facebook login details... wondering if its related or seperate?
------------------------------

15:55:18 T:5456 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
15:55:18 T:5456 NOTICE: ('en_AU', 'cp1252')
15:55:18 T:5456 NOTICE: Mode: listPlaylists
15:55:18 T:5456 NOTICE: Parameters: {'url': 'http://api.vevo.com/mobile/v1/featured/staffpicks.json', 'mode': 'listPlaylists', 'page': '1'}
15:55:18 T:5456 NOTICE: VEVO --> common :: getURL :: url = http://api.vevo.com/mobile/v1/featured/staffpicks.json
15:55:19 T:5456 NOTICE: Error reason:
15:55:19 T:5456 NOTICE: HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error
15:55:19 T:5456 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
Error Contents: object of type 'bool' has no len()
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Server\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.vevo-master\default.py", line 1562, in <module>
exec '%s()' % mode
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "C:\Users\Server\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.vevo-master\default.py", line 593, in listPlaylists
playlists = demjson.decode(data)['result']
File "C:\Users\Server\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.vevo-master\demjson.py", line 2058, in decode
unitxt = auto_unicode_decode( txt )
File "C:\Users\Server\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.vevo-master\demjson.py", line 628, in auto_unicode_decode
if len(s) < 4:
TypeError: object of type 'bool' has no len()
-->End of Python script error report<--
15:55:19 T:6432 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.vevo/?mode=listPlaylists&page=1&url=http%3a%2f%2fapi.vevo.com%2fmobile%2fv1%2ffeatured%2fstaffpicks.json
15:55:19 T:6432 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.vevo/?mode=listPlaylists&page=1&url=http%3a%2f%2fapi.vevo.com%2fmobile%2fv1%2ffeatured%2fstaffpicks.json) failed
15:55:19 T:6248 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
15:55:19 T:6248 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
15:55:19 T:6248 NOTICE: ('en_AU', 'cp1252')
15:55:19 T:6248 NOTICE: Mode: rootPlaylists
15:55:19 T:6248 NOTICE: Parameters: {'url': 'http://api.vevo.com/mobile/v1/featured/staffpicks.json', 'mode': 'rootPlaylists', 'page': '1'}
15:55:19 T:6336 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
15:55:21 T:4380 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
15:55:21 T:4380 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
15:55:21 T:4380 NOTICE: ('en_AU', 'cp1252')
15:55:21 T:4380 NOTICE: Mode: None
15:55:21 T:4380 NOTICE: Parameters: []
15:55:21 T:5044 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

I also notice that setting the bitrate doesn't seem to do anything. I've tried setting it to the lowest bitrate and notice the video still goes for highest?

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - learningit - 2015-03-27

(2015-03-27, 06:22)Dexterian Wrote: I managed to find a working version of the missing module.
Appears I needed v3 rather than the v4 I had

I get a HTTP error 500 when trying to load playlists - is this expected?
I havent got a vevo account nor have I typed out my facebook login details... wondering if its related or seperate?

I also notice that setting the bitrate doesn't seem to do anything. I've tried setting it to the lowest bitrate and notice the video still goes for highest?

Please when you post a debug log - post the entire log and post it to xbmclogs.com or pastebin.com do not clutter up the forum with log posts.

1)You get a 500 error because you are in Australia (at least what I can see of the data indicates that) and the current addon needs some work to choose a country for suggested playlist outside of the US. It wasn't worked on previously because many users outside the US use a proxy.

2) The bitrate setting doesn't do any thing because HLS is selected. The addon passes the master HLS list to the player and the player selects which bitrate it will play.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - Dexterian - 2015-03-28

soz about that, will do for next time - I figured I'd just post what I thought was relevant to the error I was getting.

1) So is there anything I can do to get playlists working or do I need to use a proxy for playlists?

2) So is there anything I can do to adjust the bitrate? I see in earlier posts you mention that HLS must be on.. or in this case can it be turned off in order to adjust bitrate? If so, without HLS on, the app doesn't work at all. We in Australia don't have the fastest internet, and as such I see the buffer screen at least 3 or 4 times a song it's frustrating.. so if there is some way to adjust the bitrate that would be so great!

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - learningit - 2015-03-28

(2015-03-28, 09:30)Dexterian Wrote: soz about that, will do for next time - I figured I'd just post what I thought was relevant to the error I was getting.

1) So is there anything I can do to get playlists working or do I need to use a proxy for playlists?

2) So is there anything I can do to adjust the bitrate? I see in earlier posts you mention that HLS must be on.. or in this case can it be turned off in order to adjust bitrate? If so, without HLS on, the app doesn't work at all. We in Australia don't have the fastest internet, and as such I see the buffer screen at least 3 or 4 times a song it's frustrating.. so if there is some way to adjust the bitrate that would be so great!
The quick answer is no to both. I haven't looked at the code in a long time and I'm not the original author - there are probably others who know far more about this than I do.
The playlists, and I think another function, require country selection code to be written due to changes in Vevo and there just didn't seem to be a way to do it and make everyone happy. I can't completely remember the issue but there are some folks who use a proxy to get this to work the way they want and there are others who want their local content. I seem to recall that you could have one or the other under the newer services, but not both so I left it the way it originally was which allowed people outside the US to play US content.
I was the one who changed the feed type from rtmp to hls and didn't bother to put in bitrate selection. The main reason at the time was that all Vevo is available on YouTube for resolutions up to 720 and the main reason people were using the addon was to get at the 1080 videos which can't be played using the current YouTube addon.
Both are technically possible and perhaps someone with better knowledge of Vevo and interest in the functionality could make the necessary changes.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - imon2nite - 2015-08-23

This addon has many issues, no matter what vevo account i log in with it still shows the same artist in my favorite artists section, it only shows 1 artist, not sure how it got added as you can't add favorite artists from a web browser on the vevo website and the plug in only allows you to add an artist to kodi favorites, like wth, anyways have uninstalled vevo and deleted vevo settings file but after reinstall it still shows that 1 artist in my fav artists folder, even when i log on using different vevo accounts, no way to remove the artist either, what a joke, but not a good 1. Sad

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - learningit - 2015-08-24

(2015-08-23, 22:19)imon2nite Wrote: This addon has many issues, no matter what vevo account i log in with it still shows the same artist in my favorite artists section, it only shows 1 artist, not sure how it got added as you can't add favorite artists from a web browser on the vevo website and the plug in only allows you to add an artist to kodi favorites, like wth, anyways have uninstalled vevo and deleted vevo settings file but after reinstall it still shows that 1 artist in my fav artists folder, even when i log on using different vevo accounts, no way to remove the artist either, what a joke, but not a good 1. Sad

Perhaps if you spent a few words posting addon and kodi versions, as well as your platform someone would pay attention to your joke of a support post, which in all likelihood is in the wrong thread.
You can always ask for your money back.