Kodi Community Forum
Movie sets not working for smart playlists? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Movie sets not working for smart playlists? (/showthread.php?tid=109163)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- Martijn - 2011-10-13

jeepcook Wrote:I don't understand why a so big backtracking ... movieset work in movies view, worked for movies in smartplaylists and now it doesn't work anymore ... I really don't understand ...

If you have read this thread you would know they have changed it a month ago.

- andreofgyn - 2011-10-19

I'm coming from YAMJ and I must say that I'm totally disapointed with the support regarding SETS by XBMC.

No visual indication (at least on default skin), no simple way to sort sets via .nfo (tip: <set order="x">Alien</set>) and now this... Like others said, this is a serious bug!

I can't believe people doesn't want to view SETS for movies like Die Hard, Star Wars, Batman etc regardeless of where.

Yeah, like others, I need at least SET grouping on SmartPlaylists, for me, doesn't make sense at all remove it.

- Martijn - 2011-10-19

andreofgyn Wrote:No visual indication (at least on default skin), no simple way to sort sets via .nfo (tip: <set order="x">Alien</set>)

That one does actually still work Wink
Code:
<set>Blade Collection</set>
<sorttitle>Blade: 2</sorttitle>
If no <sorttitle> is specifiedxbmc will use the <title> for sorting inside the movieset.

The movie sets do work just not in the smartplaylists. Visual indication is also possible however this depends on how the skin was coded.

- butchabay - 2011-10-19

I've coded it to access moviesets via movies submenu! Ofcourse it's possible to code it for a home menu entry.
You can create moviesets within the webinterface xwmm btw.

- andreofgyn - 2011-10-19

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:That one does actually still work Wink
Code:
<set>Blade Collection</set>
<sorttitle>Blade: 2</sorttitle>
If no <sorttitle> is specifiedxbmc will use the <title> for sorting inside the movieset.

The movie sets do work just not in the smartplaylists. Visual indication is also possible however this depends on how the skin was coded.

Thanks for the help.

I adapted all my nfos based on wiki before scan to make them compatible with YAMJ and XBMC... I was using sets on filenames and didn't know that "order" was supported since no mention on wiki.

But yeah, I'm really sad with the smartplaylist fault, since I'm using it to separate libraries and now my collection is totally broken without sets.

Someone said that majority doesn't use sets, so what will be the diference for that people if sets come back to smartplaylist? If they are not using, there will be no difference for them!

- Martijn - 2011-10-20

It is actually mentioned with an example on wiki.
wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Movie_Sets

If you read this thread some of the problems are explained. I think it is a little harsh to just remove the sets instead of fixing it.

- andreofgyn - 2011-10-20

^
^

Yeah, I was talking about no mention on wiki to "<set order=x>", I used sorttitle to compensate and worked fine when on library.

Well, let's wait the fix....

- avjui - 2011-11-17

Hi

I also would like to see the "Set" Option in smartplaylist.

Thanks

- thermo - 2011-11-23

Add me into the list of people who would like this re-implemented. I actually just found out about sets and they would be perfect for me. I am on Windows platform using Confluence with some custom mods on the home screen.

In my case I use smart playlists on the home screen (using homemod) for Kids TV, Kids Movies, Main TV, Main Movies. I use the path criteria on the smart list for that.

Primarily this is to make it easy for the 4 year old to navigate and pick shows - which she does easily. Kinda scary that really but anyway....

We have a large amount of movies for the kids. I would like to subdivide the Kids Movie smart playlist for movies into Pixar Movies, Barbie Movies, Popular Movies, Disney Movies etc to reduce the amount of scrolling to get to a certain movie.

I just found out about movie sets - and this would work perfectly for this purpose I think. I am running a currently nightly so I can't check previous implementation.

I have checked and the XWMM to manage the sets is a piece of cake - it's actually preferable to doing this within XBMC IMHO just because the interface can be much more dense.

Has there been any consideration to adding this back in or providing a patch?

- thermo - 2011-11-23

butchabay Wrote:I've coded it to access moviesets via movies submenu! Ofcourse it's possible to code it for a home menu entry.
You can create moviesets within the webinterface xwmm btw.

Could you point me at a code sample to do this please?

- _ak1_ - 2011-11-28

I also just found out that movie sets are not working in smart playlists any longer. I'm using smart playlists to distinct between movies, concerts, kids movies, ... based on their path. I would also call this a broken feature. But it seems that there's little we can do about it.
Unfortunately the change in handling of movie sets kind of ruined the way I was navigating within XBMC :-(

- isamu.dragon - 2011-11-29

Agreed, I have 2 playlists. (Movies Only & Stand Up). Each have a different base directory.
Quote:E:\My Videos\Movies
E:\My Videos\Stand Up
And, as you have read before, the changes fubared my setup.

Long story short bump

- Ashaneil - 2011-12-05

OK just to make sure - If you are new to Movie Sets (like me), don't bother with it right now because it is broken? or did I misunderstand the whole thing?

- Martijn - 2011-12-05

Ashaneil Wrote:OK just to make sure - If you are new to Movie Sets (like me), don't bother with it right now because it is broken? or did I misunderstand the whole thing?

They do work. Only not in smartplaylists. It's best to already make sure you have them setup corectly.

- Ashaneil - 2011-12-06

So if I want to use movie sets, I can see them in Movies menu but not in any custom menus / sub-menus?

Also, I can still place all the movies in the set in the same folder as other movies (each movie is in its own folder). All I have to do is edit each movie-set movies' .nfo files and add <set>xxxxxx Collection</set> and <sorttitle> xxxxxx </sorttitle>. Is that correct?

E.g.:
\\server\Media
...\movie1
...\movie2
...\movie-collection1
...\movie3
...\movie-collection2
etc...