Kodi Community Forum
Release GlobalSearch Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release GlobalSearch Script (/showthread.php?tid=109301)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - Silki - 2016-03-09

Shame .... that would have made a but more slick.

So if crack it from a Context menu i shouldn't have this problem then ?

Is it something to do with what Dialogue is displayed or something.

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - Silki - 2016-03-10

Tried this a little more last night and for Song matchs you can just press "OK" (Enter) and they will just play.

For Album matches you have to bring up the Context menu to then Play the album or find all songs.

BUT .... overall I think it works well .. it allows you to quickly jump around your music library and find content you didn't know you had.

Can Scripts be run from the Context menu ?? If I did this would the "Browse" navigation work then Ronie ??

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - ronie - 2016-03-10

pretty much every skin feature a globalsearch button on the homescreen.
that's the intented/main use of this addon.
if you click on an artist in the results screen, it'll take you to that artist in your music library.
it is supposed to work like that.

script can only be run from the context menu through a context menu addon.

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - Silki - 2016-03-11

I understand its interned use and also have a Search button on my home screen.

I add a "%" to the search string I pass last night and the more I use it the better its gets, it just opens up your whole Music library, I'm finding tracks I didn't know I had, jumping around artists from compilation albums ... finding covers of tracks .. finding artists who have remixed tracks (this last one would be difficult from the Artists node)

Its not a replacement for the ARTIST/ALBUM Nodes but I do think this a great addition.

"if you click on an artist in the results screen, it'll take you to that artist in your music library." - this doesn't work when the script is called from the DialogSongInfo.xml (Assume thats because its from another Dialog)

I'm going to look at add this into the context menu then hopefully all your globalsearch called from there so all the navigation should work as intended.

Thanks Ronie

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - Hitcher - 2016-03-11

You do realise there's a search function in the side menu when in the various media windows right?

Hitcher,

yes I'm aware of that, I'm simply try to cut down the data input side of things, so menu clicks will run these searches as opposed to typing in the information that is already displayed (So in theory accessible).

I'm making some progress with the Context addon and the Full Global Search Navigation works as expected then.

Just need to understand how to pass the values for artist and track title via the context menu I have :

xbmc.executebuiltin("RunScript(script.globalsearch,searchstring=%" % (xbmc.getInfoLabel("ListItem.Label")))

But get an error.

Right I've managed to peace together a working Addon that query's ronie GlobalSearch Script from the Context menu passing across the Artist and also one that passes the Track title.

As it comes from the context menu all the GlobalSearch navigation works as expected.

Thanks for all the help.

Ill try it for a day or too and then perhaps add it to forum if anyone is interested.

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - Frozin - 2016-03-15

weird thing is happening, I just installed Openelec unofficial version with kodi 15.2 on an Android box and copied my build from another box that I use. Now Global search won't update, saying dependencies aren't met. This is happenining on three addons Global Search, Trakt, and Common Plugin cache. I loooked through the log to see if it would tell me anything but it was not of any help.

Any chance you may know what dependencies are needed to run Global Search... BTW I'm using Bello Fredo skin.

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - ronie - 2016-03-15

(2016-03-15, 04:00)Frozin Wrote: Any chance you may know what dependencies are needed to run Global Search...

script.module.simplejson is the only thing that's needed for globalsearch.

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - madmax2 - 2016-03-25

Can you please add support for search results - Directors

or being able to choose our own search results categories.

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - ronie - 2016-04-10

(2016-03-25, 23:17)madmax2 Wrote: Can you please add support for search results - Directors

it will be available in v7.1.0 for kodi 17 krypton.

for now, it will only work with the estuary skin. all other skins have have to be updated to include directors support.
searching by director is disabled by default, you need to enable it in the addon settings.

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - braz - 2016-04-16

Hi Ronie, thanks for the updates, I added Director support to Mimic.

Any chance that someday pressing info in Global Search will launch the standard Kodi info dialogs and we won't need script-globalsearch-infodialog.xml? Smile

One other request if I may. It's always bugged me that pressing "c" when on the menu displays an empty context menu (just tested Estuary and it does the same there). Any way to prevent the context menu from activating when on the results menu?

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - ronie - 2016-04-16

(2016-04-16, 01:15)braz Wrote: Any chance that someday pressing info in Global Search will launch the standard Kodi info dialogs and we won't need script-globalsearch-infodialog.xml? Smile

would be nice indeed if that was possible, but i have no idea how hard it would be to add such functionality to kodi.

(2016-04-16, 01:15)braz Wrote: One other request if I may. It's always bugged me that pressing "c" when on the menu displays an empty context menu (just tested Estuary and it does the same there). Any way to prevent the context menu from activating when on the results menu?

done, thx: https://github.com/ronie/script.globalsearch/commit/8da8219b53d7f4f5fe496a0b3ff4ed51e3965f60

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - braz - 2016-04-16

Thanks Ronie!

I didn't have any idea if Kodi info dialogs was possible, but seeing them now available for dynamically filled lists gave me hope. Wink

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - callisonic - 2016-04-24

Hi All,

Forgive me if this a Noob question, i've read through most of this thread and don't see my question raised or asked.

I've got global search enabled and working correctly on OSMC using the OSMC (not confluence skin).
I can call the script from a button press or from "global search" from a submenu...both are sending me to search string input screen and returning proper results.

Now: when I click on a result, say clicking on the artist Nick Drake from the search string "drake" it shows me a list of albums by Nick Drake. BUT:

if I want to go back to the search results rather than playing one of those songs or record, the back button doesn't take me to the search results anymore...the only way I know how to get to those search results again is by hitting the hotkey & typing in the search string "drake" again.

Is there a way to get back to the last searched term's search results page in the OSMC skin?

Thanks so much!