Kodi Community Forum
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd (/showthread.php?tid=109314)

- zYxMa - 2011-09-24

Do I need to overwrite that HD folder over the original installed xbmc folder?

- bluray - 2011-09-24

zYxMa Wrote:Do I need to overwrite that HD folder over the original installed xbmc folder?
you can but you don't need to. whenever you launch xbmc from hd folder, you're using pre_eden profile and it'll allow you to enjoy dts-hd/truehd.

if you want xbmc_hd_audio to be your main launcher, you can rename dharm 10.1 xbmc folder to "xbmc_dharma 10.1" and rename xbmc_hd_audio folder to "xbmc". you simply move the new "xbmc" folder to same location as xbm_dharma 10.1, everything be launching with pre_eden for there on.

Here is the screen shot of the folders:

- bluray - 2011-09-24

richarddc79 Wrote:Hi,

I have installed the latest nightly build from the xbmc website and I am able to playback blu-ray iso (decrypted) no problem, but I was wondering I have ANYDVD-HD running and was wondering is it possible for me to be able to play a BD disk natively, if so how do I go about this.
yes you can natively playback bd disk directly on bd-rom with pre-eden, but you have to map "add video source" to bd-rom. it'll allow you to natively playback every bd disk by selecting index.bdmv.

- bluray - 2011-09-24

hellstorm666- you have a very nice system too. if i remember correctly, there is an option in ati catalyst control center to select smooth playback. can you make sure that you set video to passthrough in your sr607? it'll be less burden on avr because it doesn’t have to do a video scaling. video can be done by your htpc or hdtv.

- zYxMa - 2011-09-24

Ok bluray, I followed what you said, I renamed all three, loaded xbmc from my desktop xbmc_hd_audio (does it matter where I run xbmc_hd_audio from?) and I loaded mkv film with dtshd and I also loaded an index.bdmv from one of my bluray discs and the video loads, sound plays fine, but the video has like 4-5 fps! Xbmc animations work nice and smooth while the video looks horrible Sad

Passthrough device is still with error - no device found, but DTS HD works fine on my AVR. SO it's just videos content. Am I missing a codec or something?

PS. I use my PC for everything, literally, but the OS itself is fresh installed on SSD. Can't be any faster Big Grin

- bluray - 2011-09-24

zYxMa Wrote:Ok bluray, I followed what you said, I renamed all three, loaded xbmc from my desktop xbmc_hd_audio (does it matter where I run xbmc_hd_audio from?) and I loaded mkv film with dtshd and I also loaded an index.bdmv from one of my bluray discs and the video loads, sound plays fine, but the video has like 4-5 fps! Xbmc animations work nice and smooth while the video looks horrible Sad

Passthrough device is still with error - no device found, but DTS HD works fine on my AVR. SO it's just videos content. Am I missing a codec or something?

PS. I use my PC for everything, literally, but the OS itself is fresh installed on SSD. Can't be any faster Big Grin
can you set your avr to passthrough video. as i mentioned earlier, it'll be less burden on your avr. you're avr will be left to do what it do best is to decode hd audio!

in xbmc- if default give you error, you can try to set passthrough device to the correct hdmi.

- zYxMa - 2011-09-24

bluray Wrote:can you set your avr to passthrough video. as i mentioned earlier, it'll be less burden on your avr. you're avr will be left to do what it do best is to decode hd audio!

in xbmc- if default give you error, you can try to set passthrough device to the correct hdmi.

My pc is connected to my avr via HDMI cable, then from avr to tv via HDMI cable.

I had to disable true full screen

To get any video playback smooth. So it seems like it works, but with passthrough device error.. even when I set HDMI AMD audio out, that error remains there.

Earlier, you asked me to chane HDMI audio out to stereo, I did that too, but it seems lika DTS HS and TrueHD work just fine with 5.1 setup. I need 5.1 audio output for gaming. This is only for LPCM output, hence DTS HS shouldn't be affected.

audio hiccups - billegoat - 2011-09-24

@bluray
Thanks for helping us to jump the gun on bitstreamed audio. I have been following this forum for awhile and have tried virtually every combination of settings within XBMC and CCC. My problem is the video plays fine and the HD-audio comes through but every 20-40 seconds I have an annoying hiccup in the audio like hellstorm666 was describing. I have tried the passthrough setting on my Anthem MRX500 but that does not fix my problem.

The other weird thing is that in the audio settings XBMC will not let me select anything for the Passthrough option. It just says Error Passthrough device not available.

Any advice or other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

- bluray - 2011-09-24

zYxMa Wrote:My pc is connected to my avr via HDMI cable, then from avr to tv via HDMI cable.

I had to disable true full screen

To get any video playback smooth. So it seems like it works, but with passthrough device error.. even when I set HDMI AMD audio out, that error remains there.
every system is different. if disable true full screen work for you, you found your soltution and congratulation.

zYxMa Wrote:Earlier, you asked me to chane HDMI audio out to stereo, I did that too, but it seems lika DTS HS and TrueHD work just fine with 5.1 setup. I need 5.1 audio output for gaming. This is only for LPCM output, hence DTS HS shouldn't be affected.
if you "pass-through" '1', you'll get '1' . if you're passing through audio via hdmi, it doesn't matter how many speakers you tell windows to passthrough. it'll only passthrough the audio codecs within the game or movie file. your avr is capable of decode it and playback it throughout your surround speakers.

you need to set it to stereo because when you play a non passthrough audio format (2ch stuff) stereo will stay as stereo and pass to avr cleanly, and the other audio codecs (dts-hd/truehd- 5.1/7.1) will be passed through with raw codecs cleanly too.

i'm not sure why you are getting passthrough error in xbmc. i don't get any passthrough error on all 4 htpc that i built and i set passthrough to 'default'.

- bluray - 2011-09-24

billegoat Wrote:@bluray
Thanks for helping us to jump the gun on bitstreamed audio. I have been following this forum for awhile and have tried virtually every combination of settings within XBMC and CCC. My problem is the video plays fine and the HD-audio comes through but every 20-40 seconds I have an annoying hiccup in the audio like hellstorm666 was describing. I have tried the passthrough setting on my Anthem MRX500 but that does not fix my problem.

The other weird thing is that in the audio settings XBMC will not let me select anything for the Passthrough option. It just says Error Passthrough device not available.

as i mentioned above, i don't get any passthrough error. is your graphic card driver up to date? can you try newer hdmi cable, and here are some inexpensive 3d hdmi cables- hdmi cables.

if nothing work, you can turn on debug and paste it in here- pastebin. i or someone in here might be able to see what cause it!

- zYxMa - 2011-09-24

My HDMI cable is one of the best cables out there ;p though it doesn't really matter.

I'll try to get some crash log. For now it seems like it works ok.

- zYxMa - 2011-09-24

billegoat Wrote:@bluray

I have that error, but all seems to work fine.

What should be here?

- bluray - 2011-09-25

zYxMa Wrote:I have that error, but all seems to work fine.

What should be here?
you should be able to see as shown below-

- zYxMa - 2011-09-25

bluray Wrote:you should be able to see as shown below-

I have that when I run an official build. dharma 10.1, but not when I run xbmc_hd_audio.

- bluray - 2011-09-25

zYxMa Wrote:I have that when I run an official build. dharma 10.1, but not when I run xbmc_hd_audio.
dharma 10.1 shouldn't have passthrough output device option.

it appear that somehow xbmc pre_eden profile and xbmc dharma profile get mixed up. you can do as follow-

1. go to appdata>roaming>xbmc
2. delete xbmc text document
3. go to appdata>roaming>xbmc>userdata
4. delete guisettings and profile
5. launch xbmc from xbmc_hd_audio folder

we'll see what you have for passthrough output device this time.