Kodi Community Forum
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd (/showthread.php?tid=109314)

- ptaylor999 - 2011-10-02

bluray Wrote:you can give it a try.

it'll never harm dharma 10.1 by backup it as follow:

1. before launching pre-eden, rename both dharma 10.1 in program files and roaming folders to xbmc_dharma 10.1. you can move xbmc_hd_audio to the same program files folder as xbmc_dharma, and rename xbmc_hd_audio to xbmc. it'll become your main launcher. i enclosed the folders below.
2. you can create xbmc folder on the desktop and create shortcut for both program files and foaming folders. you can move it to xbmc folder on the desktop for easy access.

Thanks for the response, Blu. I believe I WILL give it a try tomorrow. So, if I understand you corrrectly, by renaming both the current program directory XBMC folder as well as the roaming directory of XBMC Dharma, and then installing your hd_audio version - I'll essentially have 2 versions of XBMC that I can run separately? And without one stepping on the other's toes? Is that correct?

- bluray - 2011-10-02

ptaylor999 Wrote:Thanks for the response, Blu. I believe I WILL give it a try tomorrow. So, if I understand you corrrectly, by renaming both the current program directory XBMC folder as well as the roaming directory of XBMC Dharma, and then installing your hd_audio version - I'll essentially have 2 versions of XBMC that I can run separately? And without one stepping on the other's toes? Is that correct?
another word, you'll not disturb the original profile and guisettings. if you want to use dharma, you'll have to do the same thing with pre-eden to avoid disturbing pre-eden settings.

- deh2k7 - 2011-10-03

Schwiing Wrote:UPDATE AGAIN:

This goes for anyone else with this issue. I had no stereo sound, no GUI sound in the menu, and no music sound, but 7.1 sound worked. The solution was odd:

1) Add a TV show (or any stereo video source)
2) Play the TV show
3) Hit OK, go into audio settings and drag the slider with a mouse from 0.0dB to 1.0dB. Now you have sound in the TV show
4) go back to the menu. You have GUI sound, and Music.
5) Weird!!! Enjoy.

Hi All -

First like to thank Blu for all of his works in helping to put this guide together. This build works great for movies but, I have the Music problem that others have been having. I cannot seem to follow the above directions, because the volume setting under the audio options is greyed-out and I cannot interact with it. Has anyone else been able to find a workaround?

- deh2k7 - 2011-10-03

Blu -

I have another question - do you have any insight into the performance difference between the E350 route (which i currently have) and a i3 2100 3.1Ghz?

What about heat between the i3 and E350?

Power draw difference?

Would I need a LP CPU cooler for the i3 or would the stock fit in the MI-008 case?

Thanks again for your help!
D

- ptaylor999 - 2011-10-03

deh2k7 Wrote:Hi All -

First like to thank Blu for all of his works in helping to put this guide together. This build works great for movies but, I have the Music problem that others have been having. I cannot seem to follow the above directions, because the volume setting under the audio options is greyed-out and I cannot interact with it. Has anyone else been able to find a workaround?

One more quick question: is this hd_audio build based on Dharma or pre-eden?

bluray Wrote:you can give it a try.

it'll never harm dharma 10.1 by backup it as follow:

1. before launching pre-eden, rename both dharma 10.1 in program files and roaming folders to xbmc_dharma 10.1. you can move xbmc_hd_audio to the same program files folder as xbmc_dharma, and rename xbmc_hd_audio to xbmc. it'll become your main launcher. i enclosed the folders below.
2. you can create xbmc folder on the desktop and create shortcut for both program files and foaming folders. you can move it to xbmc folder on the desktop for easy access.

I downloaded your stuff and tried to launch from programs_x86 directory. Didn't work. I'm getting this error:

"The program can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Any ideas?

- bluray - 2011-10-03

deh2k7 Wrote:Blu -

I have another question - do you have any insight into the performance difference between the E350 route (which i currently have) and a i3 2100 3.1Ghz?

What about heat between the i3 and E350?

Power draw difference?

Would I need a LP CPU cooler for the i3 or would the stock fit in the MI-008 case?

Thanks again for your help!
D
here is the comparision- The Brazos Performance Preview: AMD E-350 Benchmarked and Every Watt Counts: AMD E-350 vs. Intel Core i3-2100T

- bluray - 2011-10-03

ptaylor999 Wrote:One more quick question: is this hd_audio build based on Dharma or pre-eden?
July version of pre-eden

- bluray - 2011-10-03

ptaylor999 Wrote:I downloaded your stuff and tried to launch from programs_x86 directory. Didn't work. I'm getting this error:

"The program can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Any ideas?
did you saved xbmc_hd_audio at programs_x86? if you haven't installed this ms c++ package, you can install it here- microsoft visual c++ 2010 redistributable Package (x86)

- deneven - 2011-10-03

Hi, followed your instructions, everything went fine, perfect picture and full HD audio passthrough Smile

However, a bit of a strange one:

Movies (3D BD iso's) play fine for approx 2-3 mins then pause and start playing from the beginning again!

Any ideas?

I'm using i5 sandybridge, 4GB ram, HD 5770 gpu and Onkyo 3007

- bluray - 2011-10-03

deneven Wrote:Hi, followed your instructions, everything went fine, perfect picture and full HD audio passthrough Smile

However, a bit of a strange one:

Movies (3D BD iso's) play fine for approx 2-3 mins then pause and start playing from the beginning again!

Any ideas?

I'm using i5 sandybridge, 4GB ram, HD 5770 gpu and Onkyo 3007
you might have one of the highest htpc spec and top notch onkyo 3007 in here. xbmc don't support 3d. if you have arcsoft tmt5, you can set it as an external drive for bd with 3d!

bluray Wrote:did you saved xbmc_hd_audio at programs_x86? if you haven't installed this ms c++ package, you can install it here- microsoft visual c++ 2010 redistributable Package (x86)

Hey Bluray - first off I have to thank you for all the support, and for putting this guide up in the first place. So, Thanks!

I downloaded the redristributable like ytou said and that WAS in fact the problem. I've got your version of XBMC running! It's also playing my bluray iso's natively!!! This is fantastic as I hate being forced to use PowerDVD.

The vids look great (with the exception of Avatar) but there is a problem. No sound. My AV receiver is constantly switching between pcm and DTS-HD MA, and I get no sound at all.

And advice?

I'm SO CLOSE!!!

deh2k7 Wrote:Anyone else having trouble downloading the realtek audio codecs? when i try to download them, i get redirected and it goes back to the original location. anyone have a file they can upload to a location where we can download, at least temporarily until realtek fixes their site?

Me too. Any solutions?

ptaylor999 Wrote:Me too. Any solutions?

Ah. Use IE instead of Firefox. Gotcha. Same deal with the BofA site.

- bluray - 2011-10-03

ptaylor999 Wrote:Me too. Any solutions?
ie or google chrome should be fine!