Kodi Community Forum
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd (/showthread.php?tid=109314)

- greg631 - 2011-10-21

bluray Wrote:you need to make sure that your driver is up to date and here are links to update it- ati graphic driver, nvidia control panel and realtek hd audio

I installed the latest NVidia driver for my card.
The HD Audio Driver does not install.

- bluray - 2011-10-21

greg631 Wrote:The HD Audio Driver does not install.
you can install it with google chrome or ie9.

- greg631 - 2011-10-21

bluray Wrote:you can install it with google chrome or ie9.

Install with those? I'll check tonight.

Sure I still need them?
The NVIDA drivers come with HD Audio drivers....

- bluray - 2011-10-21

greg631 Wrote:Install with those? I'll check tonight.

Sure I still need them?
The NVIDA drivers come with HD Audio drivers....
you might not need it, but realtek hd has more codecs than any gpu driver. you might be able to use extra codecs!

- pauchina - 2011-10-25

bluray Wrote:To rule out video problem, can you do these:

1. Download- tsMuxer
2. Open tsMuxer GUI
3. Add bd movie file
4. Check "source file" with DTS-HD "codec" only, and un-check everything else
5. Select "M2ts Muxing" for "out put".
6. Click "Start muxing"
7. It'll take roughly 5 minutes to complete
8. Open XBMC from xbmc_hd_audio folder and playback the DTS-HD audio file you just muxed.
9. Verify your AVR display. If it is not switching between dts-ma and PCM with this audio file, the problem might be in XBMC video settings.

Hi Bluray!
I have the same problem as ptaylor999. My receiver is switching between dts-ma and stereo modes. I've done all that is written here and nothing has changed, so it is not in the video settings.
My hardware: Nvidia GT430, AV Pioneer LX-73
I have the latest drivers from Nvidia. All configured as you advised...
What else can I do to solve this problem? Sad

- bluray - 2011-10-25

pauchina Wrote:Hi Bluray!
I have the same problem as ptaylor999. My receiver is switching between dts-ma and stereo modes. I've done all that is written here and nothing has changed, so it is not in the video settings.
My hardware: Nvidia GT430, AV Pioneer LX-73
I have the latest drivers from Nvidia. All configured as you advised...
What else can I do to solve this problem? Sad
i still don't know why it happen only with pioneer avr. i noticed several users with pioneer receiver encountered the same problem. it work fine with my onkyo avr, and it work fine with a couple of my friends denon avr.

this guy have a pioneer avr, and he have the same issue as you- preEDEN HD Audio Help

- pauchina - 2011-10-25

Yes, it's very strange ...
For example, poverdvd plays dts-hd track without any problems! Huh

- bluray - 2011-10-26

clubwerks Wrote:Originally Posted by bluray
are you still having issue playback the movie with dts?

unforunately, i cannot try anything at this time. my damn hdtv is dead. it'll be replaced by another led hdtv very soon. i'm still searching for the right brand, model and price.

Yes. I don't think that problem is fixable. I think it's broken in the audio engine itself. Seems to have been some discussion on this matter over on those threads.

Like I said, small enough problem that I'm not worried about it. I'm actually in the process of reripping and shrinking The Sum of All Fears right now with the TrueHD audio. So, I've fixed 3 of the 4 movies myself.
i watched rambo- first blood bluray with dts 5.1 earlier. it work fine on my asrock e350m1 with gt430 gpu.

- acemt - 2011-10-26

bluray Wrote:i watched rambo- first blood bluray with dts 5.1 earlier. it work fine on my asrock e350m1 with gt430 gpu.

It is not ALL DTS. Only a select few. I havn't figured out yet what the difference is with the encoding on some that play, and others that stutter. Probably 5% of my 400 movies don't work with DTS.

- bluray - 2011-10-26

acemt Wrote:It is not ALL DTS. Only a select few. I havn't figured out yet what the difference is with the encoding on some that play, and others that stutter. Probably 5% of my 400 movies don't work with DTS.
you can use this to find out the info in it- mediainfo.

you can try different video file too. my video file is iso, and i used anydvd hd to rip it.

- clubwerks - 2011-10-26

bluray Wrote:i watched rambo- first blood bluray with dts 5.1 earlier. it work fine on my asrock e350m1 with gt430 gpu.

No offense, but your reading comprehension is somewhat terrible. I clearly stated that it affects, so far, 4 of the probably 500 DTS movies that I have. It does not affect First Blood on my system.

Come on man, if you don't know just say you don't know. Don't gloss over the issue with completely unhelpful remarks that are not pertinent to the discussion in the least.

- bluray - 2011-10-26

clubwerks Wrote:No offense, but your reading comprehension is somewhat terrible. I clearly stated that it affects, so far, 4 of the probably 500 DTS movies that I have. It does not affect First Blood on my system.

Come on man, if you don't know just say you don't know. Don't gloss over the issue with completely unhelpful remarks that are not pertinent to the discussion in the least.
don't worry bud! there is not much anyone in here can do to offense me. as long as people don’t offense me at the weight room and gym, i’m fine with everything in here. as i said, i'm always surrounded by 5 kids at home. i have to admit that i don't paid full attention to my pc monitor. i preferred to pay full attention to my 3 yrs old twin than anything else.

as far as dts goes, i'm not sure why 4 of your movies having problem with dts. i wish that i have those problematic movies to try it on my htpc's. did you ripped those 4 movies any different than the rest of them? have you verify it with mediainfo or try to re-rip it with handbrake. handbrake is very picky with audio/video codecs. if there is any problem, more likely it'll catch it.

so far, i haven't found any movie/music that i cannot playback with pre-eden.

- Sunz - 2011-10-26

i did all the steps and upgraded all the drivers/updates but I can't seem to find dts-hd and dolby true-hd in the control panel hd passthrough, olny dts and dolby

can it be that my graphics card doesn't allow these ? I have a ati radeon hd 4600

- bluray - 2011-10-26

Sunz Wrote:i did all the steps and upgraded all the drivers/updates but I can't seem to find dts-hd and dolby true-hd in the control panel hd passthrough, olny dts and dolby

can it be that my graphics card doesn't allow these ? I have a ati radeon hd 4600
you need at least amd radeo hd 5000 serie to bitstream hd audio.

this one should work- VisionTek 400750 Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB

- Sunz - 2011-10-26

yup thought so , just bought me a ati 6450 Smile - little better for little money Smile
thx for the quick response Smile