Kodi Community Forum
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd (/showthread.php?tid=109314)

- FattyMcDirty - 2011-11-03

can any1 provide a recent nightly-build of xbmc with the new hd-audio-engine integrated?

- bluray - 2011-11-03

Kerbys Wrote:I tried this guide, didnt work for me. Ended up using the external player. Also using a pioneer 920 amp. Then suddenly DTS-HD MA pops up on the display!!! Wooo!
i'm not sure why it cannot fluently playback dts-hd on pioneer avr is beyond me. it can bitstream truehd on pioneer avr fine though. it can bitstream both dts-hd and truehd on denon, onkyo, etc fine also. their must be some special firmware required for pioneer to bitstream dts-hd correctly. to bad, i sold my pioneer elite a year ago and i don't have any pioneer avr to try it out anymore.

Kerbys Wrote:If it aint broke dont fix it!
Any movies you recon make a big difference with the hd audio? Need to get my kef seperates going!
i'm not sure what you meant by this. Huh

- bluray - 2011-11-03

FattyMcDirty Wrote:can any1 provide a recent nightly-build of xbmc with the new hd-audio-engine integrated?
you can download the nightly builds from here- Nightly Builds. nightly builds and xbmc_hd_audio configurations should be very similar to dharma 10.1 and xbmc_hd_audio.

infact, i'm using the latest xbmc 11 w/ aeon skin with xbmc_hd_audio now.

hmmm? what exactly are you saying by that? i always download nightlies.. but they don't have xbmc_hd_audio included...

btw. download xbmc_hd_audio.rar provudes a FULLY working directory of XBMC.. so packaging this into an actual nightly build overwriting files makes your freshly installed nightly build actually an OLD build Wink so this doesn't make any sense to me...

- bluray - 2011-11-03

FattyMcDirty Wrote:hmmm? what exactly are you saying by that? i always download nightlies.. but they don't have xbmc_hd_audio included...
i think that you're confused. as we mentioned so many times in here. xbmc never officially release xbmc with hd audio supports. you'll need to download at least one windows version of xbmc, and it'll work with xbmc_hd_audio. the downloaded xbmc version don't have hd audio by itself.

for now, this is the only way to bitstream hd audio with xbmc!

i'm not confused... i'm downloading a nightly let's say... and copy over xbmc_hd_audio - then i'm at the windows development state of this xbmc_hd_audio package.. and NOT the nightly package... because i overwrite MOST of the nightly files with this 36mb xbmc_hd_audio package... got it now?!

- bluray - 2011-11-03

FattyMcDirty Wrote:btw. download xbmc_hd_audio.rar provudes a FULLY working directory of XBMC.. so packaging this into an actual nightly build overwriting files makes your freshly installed nightly build actually an OLD build Wink so this doesn't make any sense to me...
if you properly backup your downloaded xbmc as shown in this ealier post (post #195), it'll never disturb the downloaded xbmc. you can switch it back to the original xbmc at anytime!

that's what i was telling you... and that was the intention of my question: whyl should i download an xbmc nightly if the version of xbmc_hd_audio is working alone..? and that's what i want: a NIGHTLY WITH xbmc_hd_audio support.. ................... :/

Easy there guyyyy - onizuka - 2011-11-03

No need for the tude McFatty, only trying to assist you here.

- bluray - 2011-11-03

FattyMcDirty Wrote:that's what i was telling you... and that was the intention of my question: whyl should i download an xbmc nightly if the version of xbmc_hd_audio is working alone..? and that's what i want: a NIGHTLY WITH xbmc_hd_audio support.. ................... :/
if you want to enjoy hd audio now, you'll need both downloaded xbmc version and xbmc_hd_audio to bitstream dts-hd and truehd. there is no other way other than using external player with downloaded xbmc version.

you might have to wait very long time for xbmc to release the hd audio version. i haven't seen anything in concrete to suggest when they'll release it either!

- clubwerks - 2011-11-04

FattyMcDirty Wrote:i'm not confused... i'm downloading a nightly let's say... and copy over xbmc_hd_audio - then i'm at the windows development state of this xbmc_hd_audio package.. and NOT the nightly package... because i overwrite MOST of the nightly files with this 36mb xbmc_hd_audio package... got it now?!

Yes, you are confused. Nobody ever said to overwrite your nightly directory. You install the HD audio package in a separate place and run the .exe from this installation.

Unless you think I'm confused, since I've been running this setup perfectly since July.

- clubwerks - 2011-11-04

acemt Wrote:Bluray,

Thanks for your efforts. Unfortunately I have decided to go with a newer built of eden. Too many problems with this July build and some of the newer skins. Still having quite a bit of DTS issues and a lot of other HD audio movies have a random "click" every 20 seconds or so.

Hopefully audioengine will come on line soon as this build isn't up to snuff anymore.

Cheers

Mark

Too bad you couldn't get it working Mark. I've found that if you don't have the computer horsepower AND/OR you run a lot of background tasks (sabnzbd post processing on the same computer, moving files, running other CPU intensive applications) you're going to get a lot of glitchy playback on the audio stream.

I sometimes run DVDFab in the background and even playing back TV shows with DD audio, I still get little glitches every so often because DVDFab is just a pig.

Pre-11.0 - bluray - 2011-11-04

FYI-

For about two weeks now, I have been using xbmc_hd_audio and Pre-11.0 with Aeon skin, instead of Dharma 10.1 with Confluence.

- forall - 2011-11-07

bluray Wrote:FYI-

For about two weeks now, I have been using xbmc_hd_audio and Pre-11.0 with Aeon skin, instead of Dharma 10.1 with Confluence.

Hi,

I have question about xbmc_hd_audio vs this version xbmc: XBMCSetup-20111106-c68ef0b-master.exe from yesterday, why on this newest I don't have all options with DTS? I see only one options DTS?
xbmc_hd_audio is it special version, is it compiled with special options?