Kodi Community Forum
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd (/showthread.php?tid=109314)

- deh2k7 - 2011-12-03

bluray Wrote:It seems that most Onkyo owners has successfully using this Pre-Eden to bitstream both DTS-HD and TrueHD. Both codecs bitstreaming fine on my Onkyo HT-RC270 too. From what I observed, Pioneer seem to bitstream TrueHD fine but suffered DTS-HD audio dropouts and other issues.

I have no clue what cause it. It's up to the developer to sort through it. I hope that the next XBMC bitstreaming version from Eden is a better one! Smile

I have an integra preamp (very similar to onkyo 5008) and this was working pretty well for me, some clicks at the beginning and maybe a coupe ties over the course of a movie. the onkyo's seem to report good information via HDMI to the video cards.

- bluray - 2011-12-03

deh2k7 Wrote:I have an integra preamp (very similar to onkyo 5008) and this was working pretty well for me, some clicks at the beginning and maybe a coupe ties over the course of a movie. the onkyo's seem to report good information via HDMI to the video cards.
From my experiences, Onkyo seem to work more fluently with HTPC in general and it's less than half the price of my previous Pioneer Elite too. I had a lot of troubles with my Pioneer Elite. I installed several more expensive Denon's at my wife relative's home theaters. But I still preferred the less expensive Onkyo with Audyssey configuration than Denon and Pioneer! Smile

- ptaylor999 - 2011-12-04

Nubianxbmc Wrote:Bluray,

I have found the solution to my issue with the dts-hd flickering on and off using xbmc_hd_audio version...

It is the Pioneer VSX-1020. I have taken all 3 of my htpcs and hooked them up to my Onkyo 607 and all plays perfectly. Now I am stuck with this VSX-1020 that is uselessly flawed for this application.

Weird that PowerDVD work fine, MPC-HC using external filters works fine. Just XBMC with the hdaudio integrated from the July build just doesnt. Sooo annoying.

I absolutely agree, concur, and sympathize!

I was having exactly the same issue while using my Pioneer VSX-919, but now, with my brand spankin new Onkyo TX-NR809, DTS-HD streams beautifully! Plus I love this Onk over the Pioneer for so many other reasons.

One question, tho, (and I'll be posting separately about this in more detail on this thread), I'm having video problems (blocky, pixelated, unwatchable) with ISO's that are AVC formatted. The sound plays fine but the video is whacked. Have you experienced this? Anyone else? Any solutions out there before I go and force xbmc to play all my AVC-formatted files in PowerDVD?

- pettergulbra - 2011-12-04

bluray Wrote:With AnyDVD and VirtualCloneDrive by Slysoft installed, it work great.

It'll playback BD directly on BD-ROM with just a couple clicks (there is no rip or file conversion of any kind need it). Here is the instruction- post #271.

I really think thats works ok, yes.

I can`t test out the Blu-Ray disc setup yet, because me drive is broken. I`ll buy
a new one. But isn`t there a way to make the Blu-Ray open as just as it was an
normal DVD. Start playing by it self?

And, one problem. I do not have any sound in menus, like others. But I do
not eather have sound in Apple movie trailers.
I haven`t tried music yet, but if there is no sound in menus eather, I don`t think there is sound in music eather.

I have Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti, and it is HDCP compatible.
But windows says not.
And I can`t set it in just 2 speakers. Inside XBMC it says 5.0.
Else I have used your setup.

Kindly

Petter

- bluray - 2011-12-04

pettergulbra Wrote:I really think thats works ok, yes.

I can`t test out the Blu-Ray disc setup yet, because me drive is broken. I`ll buy
a new one. But isn`t there a way to make the Blu-Ray open as just as it was an
normal DVD. Start playing by it self?
XBMC is not natively support BD-ROM playback, and this is the only way playback BD for now.

pettergulbra Wrote:I have Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti, and it is HDCP compatible.
But windows says not.
And I can`t set it in just 2 speakers. Inside XBMC it says 5.0.
Else I have used your setup.

Kindly

Petter
You might want to verify your connections. It need to be connected this way- HTPC>AVR>HDTV via two HDMI cables. Have you update the latest Nvidia driver from here- NVIDIA Driver Downloads? You should be able to select proper speaker configuration in Windows 7 control panel afterward.

- bluray - 2011-12-04

ptaylor999 Wrote:I was having exactly the same issue while using my Pioneer VSX-919, but now, with my brand spankin new Onkyo TX-NR809, DTS-HD streams beautifully! Plus I love this Onk over the Pioneer for so many other reasons.
That is one powerful Onkyo you have there.

ptaylor999 Wrote:One question, tho, (and I'll be posting separately about this in more detail on this thread), I'm having video problems (blocky, pixelated, unwatchable) with ISO's that are AVC formatted. The sound plays fine but the video is whacked. Have you experienced this? Anyone else? Any solutions out there before I go and force xbmc to play all my AVC-formatted files in PowerDVD?
You can try different video settings in XBMC:

- pettergulbra - 2011-12-04

blu:
Yes I have HTPC to AVR (Yamaha RX-V767) to HD TV. With HDMI cables all the way.
I use the AVR to all sound at everything. The TV is just an screen.

Yes I have updated everything. But can`t seem to find out how to put it in stereo.
I get under the controlpanel of sound:
AVISOL-1 (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)
If I use the setup walk thru in windows it says it is in stereo.
And supported formats look like yours. In the pictures.

Hope this info helps.

Kindly

- bluray - 2011-12-04

pettergulbra Wrote:Yes I have updated everything. But can`t seem to find out how to put it in stereo.
I get under the controlpanel of sound:
AVISOL-1 (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)
If I use the setup walk thru in windows it says it is in stereo.
And supported formats look like yours. In the pictures.

Hope this info helps.

Kindly
Okay, follow these steps- Start > Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Sound>Playback > click "Nvidia Hihg Definition Audio" to highlight it > click "Configure" > click "Stereo" > click "Next" > click "Next" > click "Finish" > done!

- Parker_Payne - 2011-12-05

whatyousay Wrote:Sounds interesting. I still have 2 days to take back my video card, I was thinking I may try out the GT 430. But if you can post links to a guide for rolling my own driver, I'd be game to try that. El Google has let me down.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Look here

Especially for this driver issue I switched to NVIDIA...

- pettergulbra - 2011-12-05

bluray Wrote:Okay, follow these steps- Start > Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Sound>Playback > click "Nvidia Hihg Definition Audio" to highlight it > click "Configure" > click "Stereo" > click "Next" > click "Next" > click "Finish" > done!

This is done, still no sound in menus. Nether in apple movie trialiers lite.
But it says still 5.0 inside in XBMC.

Kindly

- bluray - 2011-12-05

pettergulbra Wrote:This is done, still no sound in menus. Nether in apple movie trialiers lite.
But it says still 5.0 inside in XBMC.

Kindly
You might want to select "Exclusive Mode" in XBMC audio output. You can select the correct "5.1, 7.1, etc" channel afterward. Make sure to turn up the "VOLUME" in XBMC too! Smile

HD-MA finally working! But, another question. - ptaylor999 - 2011-12-06

Heya Bluray. Remember me? The whiner who couln't seem to get Dolby HD-MA to work cause my Pio kept switching between HD-MA and PCM. Well, it was my reciever (Pioneer VSX-919). But now, with my new Onkyo 809 it works without a hitch! And I'm a happy camper.

As the subject says, though, I am having another issue that I'm hoping you can lend your advice on. This time it's a video issue. Seems that I can only get ISO's that have video formatted with VC-1 to play properly. When I try to play ISO's with AVC-formatted video all I get is a horribly blocky, pixelated picture. The audio plays great but the vid is unwatchable. Any ideas for me? Could this be a codec issue? PowerDVD plays my AVC-formatted stuff just fine, as does MPC-HC. Have you had this happen, or heard of anyone else with this problem?

What video player is being used in your hd_audio build?

As always, any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

- pettergulbra - 2011-12-06

Hi, thanks. Now I have sound all the way.

A little stuttering in HD movie, but the movie runs smuth....

But in this post :http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=945726&postcount=404
it says I could open index.bdmv and so on. I don`t get this to work. .m2ts work.

I haven`t get to trie use BD ROM, because I don`t have anyone yet. But soon I hope.

I haven`t tried to delete the hole old XBMC, shuld I trie this. Or don`t I need when everything else is working?

- bluray - 2011-12-06

pettergulbra Wrote:Hi, thanks. Now I have sound all the way.

A little stuttering in HD movie, but the movie runs smuth....

But in this post :http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=945726&postcount=404
it says I could open index.bdmv and so on. I don`t get this to work. .m2ts work.

I haven`t get to trie use BD ROM, because I don`t have anyone yet. But soon I hope.

I haven`t tried to delete the hole old XBMC, shuld I trie this. Or don`t I need when everything else is working?
Congratulation for getting the sound to work! Smile

If you want to playback BD Index.BDMV directly on BD-ROM or BD ripped folder, you can follow my guide in post #271.

- pettergulbra - 2011-12-06

bluray Wrote:Congratulation for getting the sound to work! Smile

If you want to playback BD Index.BDMV directly on BD-ROM or BD ripped folder, you can follow my guide in post #271.

Its not in BD Rom, but its an ripped bd disc in file mode:
H:/HD Movies/MJ - This Is It (BlyRay)(2009)/BDMV/index-bdmv and so on.

Disc I can`t try yet.