Kodi Community Forum
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd (/showthread.php?tid=109314)

- pettergulbra - 2011-12-08

Steelman1991:
I think you are a little hard, you don't know anything by your self, as you say your self. But it almost everytime better to try, than not to try. I don't see the problem.
And yes, maybe it don't work. Then you get this right. Just to say, you says is written that it has nothing to help, but you don't past a link or nothing that can point people in the right direction.
I'm not a programmer or anything else, but I hate that people pushing down on people that trying to help others.
But the others I agree with. I'M not home so I can't try right now. But I will try later. And post how it is going.

- steelman1991 - 2011-12-08

pettergulbra Wrote:Steelman1991:
I think you are a little hard, you don't know anything by your self, as you say your self. But it almost everytime better to try, than not to try. I don't see the problem.
And yes, maybe it don't work. Then you get this right. Just to say, you says is written that it has nothing to help, but you don't past a link or nothing that can point people in the right direction.
I'm not a programmer or anything else, but I hate that people pushing down on people that trying to help others.
But the others I agree with. I'M not home so I can't try right now. But I will try later. And post how it is going.
Laugh Huh I'm not trying to 'push down on anyone' for helping - where they help, in this instance there is no help, but you seem to be happy trying fix, after fix, without ever really getting anywhere - was only trying to save you from another blind alley again - but knock yourself out.

You've clearly got far too much time on your hands at work - rather than me searching for the info on ffmpeg - why not use some of your own time to do it. I'm certainly not going to waste any more time trying to help you.

Good luck with the playback, with that kind of blind optimisim it can only be a matter of time before you too could have 'flawless' playback Rolleyes

Do you really want flawless playback with HD Audio - use DSPlayer or an external player.

- pettergulbra - 2011-12-08

Sorry if I said something wrong. It was not the meaning to make a discussion of it, I just felt that this was going in an wrong direction.
I love (don't find another word for it) all the help I get. From everyone.
Sorry for my bad English. And sorry for the misunderstandings.

- bluray - 2011-12-08

pettergulbra Wrote:Steelman1991:
It's fine with me. I added him to my ignore list since the incident with me, him and clubwerks a while ago. He and clubwerks went at it in several threads. He comes across as "you cannot do this and that, but never offer any solution". I'm very happy not to see any of his post! Smile

- steelman1991 - 2011-12-08

bluray Wrote:It's fine with me. I added him to my ignore list since the incident with me, him and clubwerks a while ago. He and clubwerks went at it in several threads. He comes across as "you cannot do this and that, but never offer any solution". I'm very happy not to see any of his post! Smile
LOL - I only say you cannot do something where it is obvious that without the knowledge and expertise to put it right - it can't be done, by either you or I - what is wrong with that. Surely better that than offering a solution which has neither substance or remedy as its outcome.

Its not a case of the more you tell people it will work, that it eventually will - not unless you believe in pixies and fairies, or have blind faith.

Always happy to help and to be ignored Rofl.

- PatrickBateman - 2011-12-08

DDDamian Wrote:heh heh heh Laugh I followed your link and found it fine - it's exactly the same as the last build I did as well.

I'm more an audio guy than a movie guy (although I have plenty of each) but I'm just chomping at the bit to get high-def audio in XBMC. Not so much TrueHD and DTS-MA (although they'll be nice). I have a large and growing collection of SACD and DVDA rips as well as many 24/96 LP rips.

Right now I bounce between XBMC and Foobar depending on whether I'm playing MP3's or higher-def stuff. XBMC is about the slickest front-end out there, and if we get AE, binary-addons (like Foobar for different input streams, DSP, etc) and an easily workable SQL back-end then XBMC is just gonna kick ass!!

On another note, it's a big sandbox, hope we all get along lol.

Again, I couldn't agree more!

- bluray - 2011-12-09

DDDamian Wrote:@bluray - just below your first screenie (right where u covered it up) it says "Click here to start download from Sendspace" with a little harddrive icon. It will start your download. Yes it will ask if you want ILivid as well (it's benign and just like JDowloader).
There is something funny about the download site in Patrick link. It looked different everyday. I downloaded the file earlier, and it took 10 minutes (ouch). It took me 38 second to download the same 45.5MB file size on 2shared.

Here is how the screen look today:

I'll try it later.

- yasan - 2011-12-09

PatrickBateman Wrote:As i said before, you are very blinkered!
There is just no reasoning with you, you are the most obtuse person i think i have ever met online! Its a shame really as i think you are trying to be helpful, but you come across so obtuse? Why?

Anyway, test it your self, i have made the compiled version available for everyone!
http://www.sendspace.com/file/e2i7gd

I don't wish to converse wth you on this matter any longer. I have posted a new version of the AE for those who want to test it... End of!

when i play hd audio movie video and audio are intermittent

- DDDamian - 2011-12-09

yasan Wrote:when i play hd audio movie video and audio are intermittent

yep - definitely still work to be done - thus no inclusion in Eden. As much as it hurts we're just gonna have to wait patiently.

- jfulcher - 2011-12-09

I'm using this build with a Pioneer 1021 AVR - so far no problems with a DTS-HD movie (Bourne Identity)

- bluray - 2011-12-09

jfulcher Wrote:I'm using this build with a Pioneer 1021 AVR - so far no problems with a DTS-HD movie (Bourne Identity)
You might be the first person w/ Pioneer AVR can playback DTS-HD fluently. What are your HTPC motherboard and GPU?

- bluray - 2011-12-09

DDDamian Wrote:yep - definitely still work to be done - thus no inclusion in Eden.
+1, I played around with the September version for 1 hour last night. Both 1080P video and DTS-HD/TrueHD are very choppy! No

I converted back to the July version in my post #1, everything is back to normal! Smile

DDDamian Wrote:As much as it hurts we're just gonna have to wait patiently.
For me, it is not so much of a wait because I can bitstream fine with the July version. If something new come out with more options and better, I'll try it! Smile

- DDDamian - 2011-12-09

bluray Wrote:+1, I played around with the September version for 1 hour last night. Both 1080P video and DTS-HD/TrueHD are very choppy! No

I converted back to the July version in my post #1, everything is back to normal! Smile

For me, it is not so much of a wait because I can bitstream fine with the July version. If something new come out with more options and better, I'll try it! Smile

Ditto. I haven't got a BD-drive to rip with nor the bandwidth and patience for D/Ling BD so I just use my standalone player for BD. I've tried your method with the few BD-rips I have, and I'm glad ppl are able to make use of it. Cool

My passion is high-def music especially my collection of SACD/DVDA/Vinyl rips so I need to wait for AE+binary addons to take advantage of them in XBMC. The July AE build does work fine for me for HD Flacs, so I use it sometimes, and pre-Eden for MP3's.

For the best music reproduction Foobar does Wasapi, pass-through, 24-bit/192khz, etc. It also reads SACD and DVDA images directly from ISO's so I'm in heaven there. It'll never have the beautiful interface & library DB of XBMC but thats okay, its for listening not showing off Laugh

I check gnifs github page daily though in hopes of fresh code!

- bluray - 2011-12-09

DDDamian Wrote:It'll never have the beautiful interface & library DB of XBMC but thats okay, its for listening not showing off Laugh
I'm not a big fan of fancy UI. A simple "Confluence" skin with Dharma 10.1 is perfectly fine with me! Smile

Are you a bass person? For music, I used to enjoy these two subwoofers- VTF-2 MK4 and PB12-NSD. The VTF-2 is a monster at 80lbs. I sold it after I dropped my wife paintings off the wall. :o

DDDamian Wrote:I check gnifs github page daily though in hopes of fresh code!
Please let us know here if there is any good news! Smile

- jfulcher - 2011-12-09

bluray Wrote:You might be the first person w/ Pioneer AVR can playback DTS-HD fluently. What are your HTPC motherboard and GPU?

I'm using an Asus HD 6450 on an Nvidia nForce MB - think it's an Asus M2A-VM.

I've only watched about 20 minutes, but didn't have any audio dropouts. I'm using your build from 7/15 I guess it is.