Kodi Community Forum
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd (/showthread.php?tid=109314)

- bluray - 2011-12-09

jfulcher Wrote:I'm using an Asus HD 6450 on an Nvidia nForce MB - think it's an Asus M2A-VM.

I've only watched about 20 minutes, but didn't have any audio dropouts. I'm using your build from 7/15 I guess it is.
Actually, this guy (post #13) can bitstream DTS-HD fine with his Pioneer AVR and Asus mobo too. Maybe, Asus mobo can handle bitstreaming better than another. :confused2:

- DDDamian - 2011-12-09

bluray Wrote:I'm not a big fan of fancy UI. A simple "Confluence" skin with Dharma 10.1 is perfectly fine with me! Smile

Likewise, just pre-Eden nightly Big Grin

bluray Wrote:Are you a bass person? For music, I used to enjoy these two subwoofers- VTF-2 MK4 and PB12-NSD. The VTF-2 is a monster at 80lbs. I sold it after I dropped my wife paintings off the wall. :o

Currently a Velodyne VRP-400, 12" forward-firing. Next upgrade likely a second one of the same just to really mess with "room modes" lol.

bluray Wrote:Please let us know here if there is any good news! Smile

Will do - on it like a fat kid on a Smartie Nod

- bluray - 2011-12-09

DDDamian Wrote:Currently a Velodyne VRP-400, 12" forward-firing. Next upgrade likely a second one of the same just to really mess with "room modes" lol.
Yes, the SVS might be a better choice for music but HSU is among the best too. It really a solid built. I lift weight 4 days a week, and I had tough time getting it out the box. If you decide to get any of these subwoofers, you might want to get approval from Mrs. first. Since it a monster, it'll throw off her decorative! Smile

- yasan - 2011-12-09

jfulcher Wrote:I'm using this build with a Pioneer 1021 AVR - so far no problems with a DTS-HD movie (Bourne Identity)

what is your vga card

- bluray - 2011-12-09

yasan Wrote:what is your vga card
He said-
jfulcher Wrote:I'm using an Asus HD 6450

I like AMD GPU than Nvidia GPU, and here is why: AMD GPU+W7+XBMC= no macroblocking when FF/RW. Smile

- jfulcher - 2011-12-10

bluray Wrote:He said-

I like AMD GPU than Nvidia GPU, and here is why: AMD GPU+W7+XBMC= no macroblocking when FF/RW. Smile

I've always had better luck with AMD GPUs - I tried the onboard GPU, but that wasn't great, then switched to the HD4650 I think it was which worked fine until I got this Pioneer AVR and was disappointed to learn it wouldn't bitstream so I went and got the new Asus AMD GPU and then got disappointed because XBMC didn't support it. UGH. Hopefully this way continues to work, because outside of PVR and/or live TV functionality it's the only thing I'm missing with XBMC for a perfect HTPC. I've donated some $ to the project, but if they could hash those two things out I would donate a nice chunk of $ because I would finally feel comfy cutting the cable!

- bluray - 2011-12-10

jfulcher Wrote:I've always had better luck with AMD GPUs - I tried the onboard GPU, but that wasn't great, then switched to the HD4650 I think it was which worked fine until I got this Pioneer AVR and was disappointed to learn it wouldn't bitstream so I went and got the new Asus AMD GPU and then got disappointed because XBMC didn't support it. UGH. Hopefully this way continues to work, because outside of PVR and/or live TV functionality it's the only thing I'm missing with XBMC for a perfect HTPC. I've donated some $ to the project, but if they could hash those two things out I would donate a nice chunk of $ because I would finally feel comfy cutting the cable!
If you are looking for a GPU for HTPC in the future, this $29 AMD should be all you need- XFX HD-645X-ZQH2 Radeon HD 6450.

- yasan - 2011-12-10

bluray Wrote:He said-

Me to i use amd x6 1090 cpu asus m5a97 mobo and asus ati 6870 vga but when i select dtshd or truehd audio in the movie video and audio come to intermittent "http://www.sendspace.com/file/e2i7gd" in this release

your release work fine but i cant run many addons

- mathibas - 2011-12-10

bluray thanks for this but I wasn't be able to make this work. I installed the realtek and i can't seem to find it in the device.

- bluray - 2011-12-10

yasan Wrote:but when i select dtshd or truehd audio in the movie video and audio come to intermittent "http://www.sendspace.com/file/e2i7gd" in this release
I had the same problem with the September version!

- bluray - 2011-12-10

mathibas Wrote:bluray thanks for this but I wasn't be able to make this work. I installed the realtek and i can't seem to find it in the device.
Did you connected your system this way: HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV via HDMI cables?

Do you see these options in W7 Control Panel?

- yasan - 2011-12-10

bluray Wrote:I had the same problem with the September version!

Dear bluray will you build new version

- jfulcher - 2011-12-10

mathibas Wrote:bluray thanks for this but I wasn't be able to make this work. I installed the realtek and i can't seem to find it in the device.

With my 6450 I didn't install the Realtek drivers at all. I stuck with the AMD/ATI drivers.

- bluray - 2011-12-10

jfulcher Wrote:With my 6450 I didn't install the Realtek drivers at all. I stuck with the AMD/ATI drivers.
Actually, you don't need Realtek HD driver. In case you need it, it has the most codecs.

- bluray - 2011-12-10

yasan Wrote:Dear bluray will you build new version
I'm not XBMC developer. It is up to XBMC and Gnifs to build a new version, and they are working very hard on it. I wish them the very best luck on it! Smile