Kodi Community Forum
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd (/showthread.php?tid=109314)

- bluray - 2011-09-16

Guilestudio Wrote:Hi bluray...

this nick is everything I want to ask about. Is it possible to play a bluray disk on XBMC?

If yes, which is the best (or only) choice? DVDPlayer, DSPlayer, External PowerDVD11, External TMT5, or other?

For files, I'm currently using DSPlayer. I saw that DVDPlayer was fixed for Pre-Eden. It's worth to back to DVDPlayer, or better keep DSPlayer?

Thanks!

Best Regards
if you have proper playercorefactory for external player, you should be able to use it. i preferred tmt 5.

since pre-eden can playback all type of bd files and it can playback bd disc directly on bd-rom, i don't use any external player now. for bd disc, i just have to click a couple more clicks to get to index.bdmv to playback bd disc directly on bd-rom. as long as it work it is not big deal for me!

- bluray - 2011-09-16

Schwiing Wrote:UPDATE AGAIN:

This goes for anyone else with this issue. I had no stereo sound, no GUI sound in the menu, and no music sound, but 7.1 sound worked. The solution was odd:

1) Add a TV show (or any stereo video source)
2) Play the TV show
3) Hit OK, go into audio settings and drag the slider with a mouse from 0.0dB to 1.0dB. Now you have sound in the TV show
4) go back to the menu. You have GUI sound, and Music.
5) Weird!!! Enjoy.
that is how i got my stereo source to work too. it's not traditional way of getting it to work, but it work. for sure, eden has some more polishes to do to make pre-eden seamless.

- hardrock_121 - 2011-09-16

so can someone write it out for core i3-2100 (or any core i-processors with built in graphics)

I followed the instrcutions...

selected my receiver in control panel-->sound-->configure and made it to stereo.
Changed the settings in xbmc to (deselect dxva2..doesnt work with intel hd aparently)
selected all hd/audio formats including lpcm
my System->audio-options->speaker configuration is disabled at 5.0
audio output selected at hdmi obvsly.

So the problems i m facing is
- dts hd master is choppy and mostly all my movies are dts hd only Sad
- pcm plays 2 channel only.
- dolby true-hd plays fine.

And all these files are rips using dvfab or makemkv..not actual bluray dvds but almost.Tho that shouldnt matter.

- bluray - 2011-09-16

hardrock_121 Wrote:so can someone write it out for core i3-2100 (or any core i-processors with built in graphics)

selected my receiver in control panel-->sound-->configure and made it to stereo.
Changed the settings in xbmc to (deselect dxva2..doesnt work with intel hd aparently)

And all these files are rips using dvfab or makemkv..not actual bluray dvds but almost.Tho that shouldnt matter.
have you update the latest driver for your graphic card? the 5.0 channel is not disabled. it greyed out because you're telling to passthrough all audios to your capable receiver. xbmc doesn't care how many channel you have because it will passthrough whatever codecs that is included in the media file.

- Schwiing - 2011-09-16

Also, 5.0 is greyed out because "use exclusive mode" or something like that is disabled. Enable it, change to 2.0, then disable. Then it will be greyed out as 2.0.

- bluray - 2011-09-16

Schwiing Wrote:Also, 5.0 is greyed out because "use exclusive mode" or something like that is disabled. Enable it, change to 2.0, then disable. Then it will be greyed out as 2.0.
if you are passingthrough raw data to a capable receiver, it really doesn't matter what greyed out!

- Schwiing - 2011-09-16

That's true, though it makes you feel better knowing the "2.0" setting is done. Agreed though, it makes no difference.

- steelman1991 - 2011-09-17

hardrock_121 Wrote:so can someone write it out for core i3-2100 (or any core i-processors with built in graphics)

PCM and FLAC will both play in 2 channel only if you follow the guide and have your windows settings set to stereo. I have to assume this is because both variations will be decoded in player and not passed through. Change back to 5 or 7.1 variation in Windows sounds for multichannel playback with these formats.

- ix400 - 2011-09-17

ix400 Wrote:Unfortunately, on my system this setup is only good for TrueHD. This works.

But with DTS-HD tracks, my receiver switches permanently between DTS-Master and PCM every two seconds, with no sound.

Chris

I made an interesting observation: I see the same continous DTS-Master / PCM switching when I try to play DTS-Master files via the Mediaplayer Classic! Also no sound.

I guess it's a ffdshow problem.

Chris

- bluray - 2011-09-17

Schwiing Wrote:Just to make sure, for your 7MC guide, does that use the internal player or is that using an external MPC-HC or something of the like?
sorry that i missed your question. for bd m2ts, mkv, avi, etc, 7mce can natively playback it in full 1080p with dts-hd/truehd. for bd iso and bd disc with dts-hd/truehd, it required external player. if you have arcsoft total media 5, it's seamlessly integrated with 7mce!

- bluray - 2011-09-17

ix400 Wrote:I made an interesting observation: I see the same continous DTS-Master / PCM switching when I try to play DTS-Master files via the Mediaplayer Classic! Also no sound.

I guess it's a ffdshow problem.

Chris
that is very interesting, but have you install the latest Windows 7 Codec Pack?

- ix400 - 2011-09-17

bluray Wrote:that is very interesting, but have you install the latest Windows 7 Codec Pack?

... yep. I followed your instructions from post #1:

windows 7 mce option-
1. download- w7 codec pack
2. download- shark007 32bit. if you're running w7 x64, you have to download this too- shark007 64-bit
3. follow this step by step visual instruction after 1&2 downloaded and the settings have to be correct for it to work properly- dts-hd and truehd pass-through

TrueHD works like a charm.

Chris

- hardrock_121 - 2011-09-17

steelman1991 Wrote:PCM and FLAC will both play in 2 channel only if you follow the guide and have your windows settings set to stereo. I have to assume this is because both variations will be decoded in player and not passed through. Change back to 5 or 7.1 variation in Windows sounds for multichannel playback with these formats.

I can do that but wont that mess up the other formats ? i ll give it a shot and update it again.

- hardrock_121 - 2011-09-17

bluray Wrote:have you update the latest driver for your graphic card? the 5.0 channel is not disabled. it greyed out because you're telling to passthrough all audios to your capable receiver. xbmc doesn't care how many channel you have because it will passthrough whatever codecs that is included in the media file.

As i mentioned earlier, I m not using a graphics card, its intel core i3-2100 with onboard gpu. I did update the realteck drivers but i guess that wont be used at all since i m not connecting the realtek ports in the back.

So how to fix the choppy playbackHuh no one has this? for DTS_MA

- bluray - 2011-09-17

hardrock_121 Wrote:As i mentioned earlier, I m not using a graphics card, its intel core i3-2100 with onboard gpu. I did update the realteck drivers but i guess that wont be used at all since i m not connecting the realtek ports in the back.

So how to fix the choppy playbackHuh no one has this? for DTS_MA
there isn't realtek port because it is just codecs. after you installed realtek, is there an option to select intel hdmi+realtek for audio output?