Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Xperience1080 v0.9b (nightlies only) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience1080 (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=197)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Xperience1080 v0.9b (nightlies only) (/showthread.php?tid=109470)

- Slurrrp - 2011-11-21

`Black Wrote:Can you please post a debug log?

http://pastebin.com/cWUGqqyn

- `Black - 2011-11-21

Code:
DEBUG: CApplication::ExecuteXBMCAction : Translating $INFO[Skin.String(CustomHomePanel3.Path)]
DEBUG: CApplication::ExecuteXBMCAction : To ActivateWindow(10025,"D:\TV\",return)
DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory ("D:\TV",return)
DEBUG:   ParentPath = ["D:\TV",return/]
ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting "D:\TV",return
ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory("D:\TV",return) failed

Seems that XBMC doesn't find the directory but I have no clue why. I assume you added the directory as a source and then to favourites? Did you maybe remove the source after that? Could you also please upload your favourites.xml, I would like to check something.

@wex101
A fix for the problem is on git. To the second question... the skin does not revert the background, the global background is always visible behind your custom backgrounds. But if I understand correctly, you would like to have your custom single or multi backgrounds also if you enter e.g. movies? Could be doable but I won't add it for now.

- Slurrrp - 2011-11-21

`Black Wrote:Seems that XBMC doesn't find the directory but I have no clue why. I assume you added the directory as a source and then to favourites? Did you maybe remove the source after that? Could you also please upload your favourites.xml, I would like to check something.

http://pastebin.com/xb207Vyx

The dir is always there, it's my dl folder for television shows, sickbeard picks up the known shows and puts them in the 'library',
the other (dutch) shows don't get processed, i watch them and delete them,
it's not a really big deal but saves me the clicks to go to videos>d>tv... so don't waste too much time on this.. Smile

- `Black - 2011-11-21

Yeah but it's weird if it's working in the favourites menu but not with the custom home items. I think the problem is that D:\\TV\\ get's converted to D:\TV\ in the favourites script. Should be fixable. Smile

For now you should be able to get it working when you change the type to custom and add the missing \ manually. Before you do that, update to the latest git update, I fixed a problem with the custom type not working.

- Slurrrp - 2011-11-22

Thanks mate! That worked Image

- nbplopes - 2011-11-22

This Skin is awesome.

I have some constructive criticism.

- Looks: Fantastic. Original yet not overwhelming. Elegant yet not dull.

- Menu Navigation and Services. Here I would prefer that sections where presented vertically rather then horizontally.

Here is what I mean:

Main Sections (Vertical)

- TV Shows
- Movies
- Internet TV
- Music & Photography
- Trakt TV Community
- XBox Live Comunity
- Apps & Settings

Detailed Description:

[b]- TV Shows

Initially the list of TV shows recentely released yet not seen, or seen just part (something like the PLEX OnDeck feature). We could move left or right to select the episode. I would nevertheless add one more option, Video Market Place. More on that later.

When clicked, present the same thing yet the options it currently presents. Including the TV Guide.

- Movies

Initially the list of Movies recentely released yet not seen, or seen just part (something like the PLEX OnDeck feature). We could move left or right to select the episode.

When clicked, present the same thing yet the options it currently presents. Similar to what XBOX does (Genre, etc). I would nevertheless add one more option, Movie Marketplace. More on that later.

- Internet TV: Add-ons Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and so on ...

- Music: Well Music.

- Trakt TV Community (Trakt TV).

Here I would use Track TV as the Source. The first stream could be a mix of TV Shows and Movies (Trends). Yet with submenus, kind of Zune Marketplace we could have: Movies Trends, TV Show Trends etc. An in all integration with the Trakt TV service. It for sure helped finding new shows to watch.

- XBOX Live Community

Something like it is today presented in XBOX. Friends, Ratings, what they are playing. Start a Game, etc.

- Other: Apps, Settings, etc et all).

Sorry if this looks long winded.

PS: Horizontal Integration with Sanzbd, Sickbeard and Couch Potato would be a Plus.

- hentai23 - 2011-11-23

`Black Wrote:Location label width is fixed, I also made a few changes for the new add-ons. I recommend to use the google weather add-on. Set the icons to add-on in the add-on settings, they look much better than the xbmc icons imo.

naaahh use the one and only weather addon that matters ...use weather plus addon its hands down THE best ive tested em all , support the weather addon plus its nr.1Wink

p.s: ive just tested youre latest built black and must say not bad , thou please increase the top and bottom of the wallview layout please and add some zoom when you hover over a movie with the proper animations of course and for the showcase/cover layout for advanced launcher could you please make the item selector be more centered or atleast one cover from the left instead of all the way to the left that would be nice and add the option to fade or not fade the background since its not available for advanced launcher,and id appreciate it if there was a way to remove the power and favourites buttons from the main menu , and please add an option for background pictures to zoom in and zoom out globally ads some motion to the background making the experience less boring

and ive noticed you enabled all views for advanced launcher but havent done so for other programs or favourites please do so id appreciate a ton , since i use a modified advanced launcher for my comics and all i get for that is list view -.-', oh and is there a way to add the 4day forecast to the main menu of the weather menu item to the top ? that would be awesome and how do you get the music visualization into the main menu i cant see it i only hear my music but no visualization like milkdrop ..nowhere -.-', and adding the alphabet when you fast scroll to onscreen instead of squashed into the left upper corner where nobody can see it -.-'

and itd be awesome to be able to select an intro video so that when xbmc starts up for example it loads up the xbox intro vid or something else , i know alot would like that, and how bout adding like you added the red box that shows you how many episodes you havent watched how bout adding right to the left of it a green box that shows how many episodes have been watched that would add to the experience and perhaps make the info thumb abit more transparent you can hardly see the other videos behind it or figure out another way and maybe switch the movie background with the cover in the info panel since most movies always have covers but not always backgrounds/fanart and its the first thing you see when you activate info panel if you want to see the cover you have to press left arrow so simply just swich that id say

and being able to add submenus to custom menu items would be very much appreciated too, and adding a little bit of a glass overlay to the thumbs no matter what layout mode as an option gives youre thumbs and posters the extra shiny touch

and to finish it all how bout some colour choices for the fonts white/transparent is hardly the choice of colour if you use bright backgrounds xD, and add the date to the time only the time in the main menu isnt enough, and the option to rearrange the profile view in the main menu like to be able to move it to the left and move the time/date display to the top the same for the rating star being able to move it to the bottom instead of the top in the info panel for a movie , and when you hover from menu item to menu item in the main menu adding sound to that would add to the experience nothing annoying something subtle yet elegant, and please do me a favour and add scrolling to the titles yes youve added it for the info but not to the movie title itself or to the tv episode names in a series or for files in file mode in wallview its difficult to read the entire title when its longer than the space for the item you hover over -.-'

once you did these tweaks this will be my main skin for good , keep up the killer work black!!

- butchabay - 2011-11-23

@hentai
That's all? Nothing else? Smile

- hentai23 - 2011-11-24

yeah only a handfull of things xD

but you gotta admit i make a point xD, i hope he takes this into consideration im only making suggestions how to improve thats all , stay fresh

thou now that you mention it video backgrounds with working music would be awesome so i could have video backgrounds and be able to hear my music now THAT would be Epic! wonder how long it will take till someone successfully integrates this since all we got atm is working video backgrounds but the tradeoff being no music to be heard when you wanna play some music -.-'

- paul - 2011-11-24

butchabay Wrote:@hentai
That's all? Nothing else? Smile

He forgot to ask for the kitchen sink.
I hope this skin does not become bloated with too many options or it may just slow it down too much for my ion based system.

As for weather plugin i read somwhere your meant to be using worldweatheronline plugin.

Just my 2 cents.Wink

- `Black - 2011-11-24

Maybe but google afaik has day/night conditions, wwo hasn't.

- nbplopes - 2011-11-24

No reply my post Sad

Either I'm totally insane or what was suggested is of no particular interest to the community ... unfortunately.

- `Black - 2011-11-24

Well I considererd vertical navigation some time ago but proper animations are more tricky and your suggested sections section are rather specific, I don't use internet tv, trakt and xbox live info is not needed imo. Maybe I'll try it sometimes... but as I said few times now, feel free to mod the skin, I will only implement those suggestions which I like and think are useful.

- hentai23 - 2011-11-24

yeah and i hope mine where xD

p.s: weather plus addon all the way yall , google or worldweatheronline cant compete sorry

and my suggestions wouldnt bloat the skin btw -.-' just improve thats all

- nbplopes - 2011-11-24

`Black Wrote:Well I considererd vertical navigation some time ago but proper animations are more tricky and your suggested sections section are rather specific, I don't use internet tv, trakt and xbox live info is not needed imo. Maybe I'll try it sometimes... but as I said few times now, feel free to mod the skin, I will only implement those suggestions which I like and think are useful.

I see. Thanks for the reply.

One of the issues I have with XBMC is that it is more like a glorified local video player rather then something that engages the user into a multimedia experience.

When I saw your skin I though wow. So much I got inspired enough to make my 4th post in 2 years lololol. There is no benefit in using XBMC rather then Plex from a functional perspetive. In fact, I only installed XBMC to use your skin Smile

As for Trakt TV is something I've been using lately to find good movies and shows. After seeng Hitcher and Blacklist there I thought maybe skinners are catching on this.

As for vertical menus being difficult in XBMC, that is the impression I get by the number of skins making use of horizontal menus. Rather limiting.

Anyway, this is IMHO the best working XBMC skin to date. It is not even the final release.

PS: What's the thing with the weather widget? I dig it, but how big a deal is to pickup your Android or iPhone?