Kodi Community Forum
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! (/showthread.php?tid=109976)

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - capfuturo - 2013-07-23

Good afternoon MariusTh86,

When ViMM sends a search request to the TMDB, as you mentioned, is it designed to look for the exact match first, isn't it? I mean a movie on TMDB or IMDB that matches the exact name and year, and if found, then give that as first option? Not happening. I did an API search and it does retrieve back the right movie (//api.themoviedb.org/2.1/Movie.search/en/xml/API-KEY/new-shadow-warriors+2003). What could be happening that prevents ViMM from doing exactly as the API search did right.

This manual fetch you talk about, when invoked, there is a line where I can input, again, the exact name and year already showing on the folder and file, and then the IMDB number. Possibility for inputting a TMDB number would be desirable in this case, and in many others, since there is plenty of movies only with a TMDB number. There is a drop-down menu "search the web" that doesn't work, it simply doesn't obey the click of the mouse. When I press OK, then 2 small windows pop-up: "Processig TMDB" and "I do not know which movie this is. Please fetch metadata for this movie first". Is not this exactly what I am doing, fetching manually, is it? No option to "choose the correct title whatsoever" or "better images" as you pointed out you do. Leads just nowhere.

1) My apologies, ViMM wrote a .nfo file indeed to the movie folder. I was just looking to another folder on that tree (there are 6 movies from the New Shadow Warriors series!). I have pasted the .nfo that ViMM writes here for you to see.
2) Cool
3) I just put a .nfo with only the TMDB link to the movie, nothing else, and triggered new fetching for the selection. ViMM keeps finding same wrong movie. The 'manual search', as I explained earlier on this post, is not working on the build I have, may be a bug?
4) If ViMM sends the search request to TMDB, then why is it not getting the exact match, since the movie is in their database actually, and nowhere else. I have also done a metadata search using the japanese name "Shin Kage no Gundan (2003)", and ViMM still throws same wrong movie.

Needless to say, same wrong results are for all 6 New Shadow Warriors movies, amongst others. In the case of New Shadow Warriors II, ViMM returns this instead of this, whilst the TMDB and Universal Scraper add-ons for XBMC find both movies, parts I & II, correctly on first attempt.

Would it be possible for you to test a metadata fetch for a folder and video file called "New Shadow Warriors (2003)". I have placed the TMDB link for this movie earlier on this post. I am reluctant to go ahead processing more movies, until we find the cause of this, since the issue could only roll forward onto more titles.

Thanks in advance,

CF

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - j2048b - 2013-07-23

Capfuturo,

when u are doing a manual fetch, are u right clicking on that file? if so once u choose manual fetch, there should be a big box that pops up correct, if so i have learned that if ur in the manual fetch box, u actually have to click on the movie title that is showing up in the right hand corner and DO NOT PRESS OK! but instead make sure ur cursor from the mouse is blinking at the end of the movie title and actually hit ENTER on the ket board, then it will search "manually" for the title of the movie u have in there and only after selecting which metadata they have listed, then u would press OK.

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - j2048b - 2013-07-23

question:

i already had vimm put all my movies into seperate folder from within my movies folder, i stripped all the metadata from everyone of them, cleaned the library due to 20-40 movies all being named after 2 seperate movie titles,

so i go to add 1 movie in the preference pain, and for some reason, the vimm wants to put the movie into ANOTHER folder even tho its already in a seperately title folder for that movie....

is there a fix for this so that vimm realizes the movie is already in its own titled folder?

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - prophetizer - 2013-07-23

i keep getting "nothing to download" when i select Fetch for all items without metadata. i don't know why, i've been using i for the past couple days without errors, now all of a sudden it does this. and i just cleaned all in a section, and it can't find anything?

one by one works no problem

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Glorious1 - 2013-07-23

(2013-07-23, 02:51)j2048b Wrote:
(2013-07-23, 02:32)Glorious1 Wrote: As noted earlier, you should set content in XBMC correctly with the movies in separate folders setting.
I thought i had set that from within the settings of xbmc, where exactly is that setting? I thought it was in apearance correct? If so i set that...

From the XBMC Home menu, do, Video > Files, and then choose the source you need to edit. Use the context menu and choose Edit Source. Leave the path the same if it is correct, then click OK. You should see an option for each movie is in a separate folder matching the movie name.

When you are actually browsing movies, do that from the Home menu, Movies item. Only use Video > Files if you want to see the file/folder structure or you need to edit or add a source.

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Glorious1 - 2013-07-23

(2013-07-23, 18:39)j2048b Wrote: question:

i already had vimm put all my movies into seperate folder from within my movies folder, i stripped all the metadata from everyone of them, cleaned the library due to 20-40 movies all being named after 2 seperate movie titles,

so i go to add 1 movie in the preference pain, and for some reason, the vimm wants to put the movie into ANOTHER folder even tho its already in a seperately title folder for that movie....

is there a fix for this so that vimm realizes the movie is already in its own titled folder?

If you mean that you added a folder containing only one movie as a source for ViMM, then I am not surprised it would want to put that into its own folder. You should add its parent folder. The folder for an individual movie will be contained within the source folder. You should just set your overall movie folder as your source.

Movies [this folder should be given to ViMM as the source folder in Preferences > Movies]
---- Limitless (2011)
------------ Limitless (2011).mkv
------------ Limitless (2011).nfo
------------ et cetera

In the example above, if you give ViMM "Limitless (2011)" as the movie source folder, then yes, it will try to put any movies within it into their own respective folders.

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-07-23

@capfuturo: I'm using API v3 of TMDB, which works somewhat differently, however I believe I may have made a mistake where ViMM was automatically falling back to doing a google/imdb search instead which is likely what happened to you, try this version to see if it works better:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8j6ve2f4je6et/

There is a possibility to input a variety of ID's, There should be a section in the manual about it:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/m2mjyh1wn55d3yn/ViMediaManager_User_Manual_2013-05-27.pdf

basically, you can input IMDb and TVDB ID's directly since those are always the same format, and you can enter a TMDB ID if you prefix it with 'id:' as so "id:1024". (Without the quotes)
The dropdown menu is for searching the web once you have a list of results, then you'll be able to 'search the web' for more related information of the selected item in the list.

3) Right now it needs to be an IMDb link, and when a .nfo file only contains such a link, you'll still need to 'update metadata' I believe.
4) I've been sending an invalid request to TMDb, I can't send a "title (year)" request anymore, it needs to be 'title&year=year', this resulted in no results, making ViMM fallback to a google/imdb search, which is rather less acurate.
I've made a work around to split the two, but it'll only work for movies with their year encapsuled in '()', "[]" or by leaving the year out alltogether.

@prophetizer: 'Nothing to download' means that all items have metadata (.nfo files) available, so there's no missing items to fetch metadata for.
You may want to update the list or rescan folders from the file menu if you've recently added new items.

@Glorious1: Think you could add a section to the manual for the new 'TV Guide' available in the latest nightlies? ;-)
And if it fits in the context, a mention that the rename > 'all'/'selection' function also works on tv episodes files.

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - capfuturo - 2013-07-23

Dear MariusTh86,

Thanks for explaining and tackling each one of the items pointed out by me on post #1634. Thanks for the manual as well! I can confirm new cocoa build works like a charm with regards to finding the movies it couldn't before, within the naming parameters and limitations you have specified on post #1642 item 4).

Below there are a couple of images confirming ViMM is even giving optional titles for the user to select from. I can confirm too that the direct input of the TMDB id number for immediate search of specific title works just as you mentioned using manual search with id:[TMDB id #].

Best wishes,

Capfuturo

ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - j2048b - 2013-07-23

Glorious1,

Thank u for the help!!

Isthe new cocoa relese good for all of us to use such as cap used?

Glorious1,

Thank u for the help!!

Isthe new cocoa relese good for all of us to use such as cap used?

Also:

Feature request,

Id like to be able to select imdb only and turn the rest off, traktv is where all or most of my errors originate as i dont have a logon, yet it still tries to search it, if everyone of them had an enable/disable instead of only a few that have this option, then i could disable traktv, and choose the ones i want vimm to search....

Might help with a few of the errors we r all seeing?

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-07-23

Any newer release is nearly always going to be better then the 'older' releases. Wink

Make sure that the trakt.tv text fields are both completely empty, then they should be ignored.

ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - j2048b - 2013-07-24

Even w traktv signon stuff empty it still trys to search it and gives me an error almost every 5 movies, not sure y? But it does....

Ill download the new version tonight and see how it goes, i will say i tried the version i have today, and only used like 5-10 movies and it actually worked perfectly... But im gonna try the newest version and see what happens

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-07-24

Make sure the little ball icon in the list on trakt.tv is red when you open the preferences window, which should mean it's been disabled.

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - capfuturo - 2013-07-24

Dear MariusTh86,

New observations:

1) Command Clean All: gets rid of all metadata but actors folder (thumbs). Only invoking this command for a second time will get rid of the remaining metadata, in this case, the actors'.
2) Renaming command: despite command rename getting quite functional the last days for TV Show episodes, the NFOs files for TV Show folders (not episodes' .NFO), don't get renamed if NFO pattern is changed from 'tvshow.nfo' to '<show>.nfo' or vice versa. Only via metadata update one can expect to change the .NFO naming pattern, however, to my surprise, ViMM doesn't update the name of the .NFO but instead creates a new .NFO with the new name. So if one triggered 3 metadata updates, whether they are in a succession or separated in time, with the purpose of updating data or changing the .NFO name with each update, one would actually end up not with 1 but with 3 different .NFOs within the show folder; each one for each different naming pattern: '<show>.nfo', 'tvshow.nfo' and 'Set_<show>_1.nfo'.
3) TV Show NFO File name selection issue: on Preferences pane, under TV Shows tab, if one sets the NFO File Name to '<show>.nfo' and closes the preferences pane, the new selection will override any previous naming pattern for NFO renaming purposes for as long as one doesn't open the Preferences pane again. How? If one opens the preferences pane again, no matter on what tab it opens, the NFO File Name would silently revert to 'Set_<show>_1.nfo', without one noticing it and next metadata fetching will write the .NFO files with the latter pattern and not with the <show>.nfo as one would have believed. This does not happen to 'tvshow.nfo' pattern; it survives any later opening of the Preferences pane.
4) Automatic Metadata fetching not picking the default language fanart: the images on post #1643 show that the manual search gives as poster image the default english version (it reads in english 'New Shadow Warriors" on header of poster). For some unknown reason to me, if I do an automatic fetching, ViMM brings in the 'no-language poster' (no english title on the header of poster). Shouldn't ViMM retrieve always, if available, the poster compatible to the user's interface language? Both versions are available and correctly labeled on TMDB here. My ViMM Database language is set to American English.
5) Special request: these last week I have opened WiMM's Preferences pane more times than I have opened my mouth. IMHO, I believe it [Preferences pane] deserves a shortcut or icon straight from the mane pain Nod

All best,

Capfuturo

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - prophetizer - 2013-07-24

(2013-07-23, 21:17)MariusTh86 Wrote: @prophetizer: 'Nothing to download' means that all items have metadata (.nfo files) available, so there's no missing items to fetch metadata for.
You may want to update the list or rescan folders from the file menu if you've recently added new items.

did all that, and manually removed all extra files that clean did not. so all i had were the video files

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-07-24

1) Since it seems it worked the second time, the folder might just have been 'stuck' or in use temporarily.
2) Which might be handy for people who use all three media player devices. Wink
Generally though, I don't expect people to constantly change their media player selection, and the renamer is actually more for changing video files, and moving support files to match the new video file's name.
3) Yup, that's a bug, thank you for catching it, i'll fix it right away!
4) The manual search window doesn't do any filtering, it just displays what TMDb has decided to be the movie's 'default' poster.
ViMM does do a simple filter by the time it downloads, where an image's language needs to be either 'database language', or 'empty', and the two poster images on the TMDb are labeled 'empty' for the one without the english title, and 'english' for the one with the title.
In this case though, the 'empty' language item is first in the list, so that is the one that get's downloaded. (I believe they sort images on popularity on TMDb as well)
Personally I like the 'original' posters better, that is, I don't want someone to paste an english title on a foreign poster.
5) Every Mac app has the same shortcut for preferences: 'cmd+,' (Command and Comma)