Kodi Community Forum
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! (/showthread.php?tid=109976)

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-09-26

Yes
By default, tv shows use folder names already, as for movies, go into 'Preferences' > 'Movies', and mark the checkbox 'Lookup: Using Folder Name'

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Jönke - 2013-09-27

Yes but it still looks inside the folder for a videofile and that is no good for rar files. Can't it just look for folder names no mather what it hold for type of files ?

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-09-27

You know what, you're correct there, I've made some modifications, try this build:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8j6ve2f4je6et/

First I made it recognize .rar as video files in a few places where I forgot to do so, and then i also made sure to use folder name if you've selected that option rather than still trying to find video files.
Let me know if everything works correctly.

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Jönke - 2013-09-27

Wow that was fast, thanks !

It´s working now as i want Smile

Almost anyway, It won`t download fanart.jpg, i have to force a manually download.
folder.jpg and movie.nfo works fine.

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Jönke - 2013-09-28

The scraper only finds movies without year in folder name
Works: Iron.Man.3.1080p.BluRay.x264-MYMOVIE
Don´t work: Iron.Man.3.2013.1080p.BluRay.x264-MYMOVIE
Also is there a way to make it not read proper and limited and so on i foldername ?

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-09-28

it thinks 2013 is part of the movie name, if you were to surround it like so: (2013) it think it should recognize it as a year instead.
Anything after 1080p or 720p is generally left out of the search, however i can't filter out 'proper' and 'limited' since some movies actually have those words in their titles.

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Jönke - 2013-09-28

Can u please give that a second thought and make a option for user to filter out proper and limited? I would rather have to search manually for a movie with name limited/ proper then to have search manually for all movies tagged limited/proper.

If possible make a box where users can write words that would be left out of foldername search

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Glorious1 - 2013-09-29

I'm completely baffled why it would be necessary to have the words "limited" or "proper" in a file name when it is not part of the movie name. What is the significance of those words in this context?

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-09-29

the occurrences of improper placements of 'proper' and 'limited' vs movies with proper and limited in their own title is a less likely chance, so i won't be filtering those out.

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - RandomSkratch - 2013-10-04

Just tried to update info for new episodes in my collection and for some, the screenshots aren't being downloaded and another show it can't even find (new show Super Fun Night can't be found yet it exists on thetvdb and the status for The Middle says it can't find it either yet it still pulls some info... just weird behaviour.)

Is there something I can refresh or do to have it rescrape certain episodes?

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-10-04

(2013-10-04, 00:09)RandomSkratch Wrote: Just tried to update info for new episodes in my collection and for some, the screenshots aren't being downloaded and another show it can't even find (new show Super Fun Night can't be found yet it exists on thetvdb and the status for The Middle says it can't find it either yet it still pulls some info... just weird behaviour.)

Is there something I can refresh or do to have it rescrape certain episodes?

Try the episode manager to see if the episode shows an episode thumbnail at all, or make sure it exists on the TVDB, if it is available on the TVDB but not in the episodes manager, either try again later, or try throwing away the "EpisodeGuide.json" file within the show folder before updating the show/episodes.

A while back I fetched 'Super Fun Night' without a problem for as far as I remember, maybe the TVDB's API is temporarily unavailable, in which case you might be able to re-try fetching information for it later.

It doesn't pull the thumbnail but does exist on TVDB. I'll try removing the .json file and try fetching again.

Because it's happening to multiple shows I'm guessing it might be the API - so I'll pull info later.

Still doesn't explain the issue with The Middle though. It wouldn't find the show but still pull new episode info but not show the next episode under the title like the other shows.

Thanks for the suggestions!

You might fetch proper information for it by using 'Manual Search', pasting the TVDB ID into the search field and pressing 'Enter' to start the search.
And if the TVDB Api is behaving oddly, part of it might be attributed to this, though 'next episode' information is pulled from TVRage using just the show's title to search, which might sometimes come up with the wrong show, in which case the next episode information would be wrong as well, though so far I've not noticed this to happen with most of my current shows.

Hey pasting the ID into the manual search field resolved the Super Fun Night issue although it didn't pull images - a manual download of them appears to have frozen the program. At least one step closer.. hah..

So searching for the ID for The MIddle starts to work - it begins pulling info but then a toast appears saying "The Middle could not be found". This is what was happening earlier but with the actual name of the show in the search (and the only show this funny issue was happening with before todays API issues).

Do you know what would cause this? Does it start pulling info from one website and then switch to another one where it might not find it?

ViMM uses several sources, TVDB, IMDb, TVRage and for some of the images, fanart.tv, one of those could possibly have thrown up the message.