Kodi Community Forum
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! (/showthread.php?tid=109976)

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2015-09-13

First, what were you doing just before you got the above image to show up?
Second, ViMM might be using the direct 'mediainfo' information to write the video format information tags rather than user set information, i'll have to look into that.

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2015-09-14

Official Release v0.7a14: http://dstats.net/fwd/b9e32
Update information: http://goo.gl/XG1Kld

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - wgstarks - 2015-09-14

(2015-09-13, 15:09)MariusTh86 Wrote: First, what were you doing just before you got the above image to show up?
Second, ViMM might be using the direct 'mediainfo' information to write the video format information tags rather than user set information, i'll have to look into that.

I was fetching info for all movies without metadata. This window opened at the end of the process. Only happened twice if I remember correctly. Hasn't happened recently. Now I'm having problems with the window that opens to show that the fetch is completed. The window pops up but is blank and the app freezes. I have to force quit. Neither of these issues appear to be causing any problems. As far as I can tell all the proper files are being downloaded and the nfo's written. Just looks like the process isn't finishing cleanly. I can post logs and such if you let me know what you need.

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2015-09-14

I believe an error page was downloaded and displayed in the download 'log' window rather than in an error message, but if it's only happened twice while usually working fine, it's probably not too worrisome.

If the download keeps popping up as a blank, you might try downloading the Intel version which could be more stable:
https://www.mediafire.com/?8j6ve2f4je6et

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - wgstarks - 2015-09-14

(2015-09-14, 23:32)MariusTh86 Wrote: I believe an error page was downloaded and displayed in the download 'log' window rather than in an error message, but if it's only happened twice while usually working fine, it's probably not too worrisome.

If the download keeps popping up as a blank, you might try downloading the Intel version which could be more stable:
https://www.mediafire.com/?8j6ve2f4je6et

Thanks. I'll probably give the intel version a shot.

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Jönke - 2015-09-17

Is there a way to add a filter to exclude parts in folder name ?
I would like to leave some stuff out when searching for movies, like limited, 2014,2015 and so on

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Glorious1 - 2015-09-17

(2015-09-17, 14:35)Jönke Wrote: Is there a way to add a filter to exclude parts in folder name ?
I would like to leave some stuff out when searching for movies, like limited, 2014,2015 and so on
Can't you just type the part of the title you're looking for in the search bar? E.g., typing "basic" brings up Basic Instinct (1992) and Basic Instinct 2 (2006).

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - wgstarks - 2015-09-17

(2015-09-17, 14:35)Jönke Wrote: Is there a way to add a filter to exclude parts in folder name ?

Pretty sure that's not an option. Not really a good idea either IMO. Many of these tags appear to be used by ViMM. I just added something like 500 videos using ViMM and the only file name tag it had a problem with was "SDTV" which was completely ignored. You definitely don't want to ignore the year. So many movies have the same title that leaving off the year would defeat the search completely.

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2015-09-17

If you are talking about the name it uses to match movies with their media information online, if you press the 'Manual Search' button on the toolbar, it'll show the name it will try to search for.
Usually this already filters out a lot of the file name to make matching easier, but years is a good idea to keep, as wgstarks said, there are multiple movies by the same name but different years.

If you are talking about the automatic file renaming which only works after metadata has already been downloaded, you can adjust the names through 'Preferences' > 'Movies/TV Shows' and adjusting the 'Renaming Pattern' text fields, the '?' button will help suggest which tags are available to use.

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - demosthien - 2015-09-24

I was just coming to suggest this as well because I've spent an hour manually searching for movies.

My files almost always start with the format: <title> <year>

When the automated search runs it often fails to find a result and leaves the file for me to manually search.

When I run the manual search it auto-populates the search field with the <title> <year> but when I search it fails to find anything (the resulting pop-up window says "No movies were found, try again with fewer keywords or an alternative title."). I always have to delete the <year> in order for ViMM to actually return any results (then I manually select the correct version).

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - demosthien - 2015-09-24

I'd also like to suggest a "Sort By" option that groups all the Movies that have not had Metadata added (the ones that appear with the grey film icon in the list). That way I don't have to scroll through the entire list and find each one.

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - wgstarks - 2015-09-24

(2015-09-24, 14:53)demosthien Wrote:

I was just coming to suggest this as well because I've spent an hour manually searching for movies.

My files almost always start with the format: <title> <year>

When the automated search runs it often fails to find a result and leaves the file for me to manually search.

When I run the manual search it auto-populates the search field with the <title> <year> but when I search it fails to find anything (the resulting pop-up window says "No movies were found, try again with fewer keywords or an alternative title."). I always have to delete the <year> in order for ViMM to actually return any results (then I manually select the correct version).

That's seems very strange. I've searched close to 1000 movies in the past 2 weeks making some changes to my library, and only had 1 search fail. I use <title> <year> <source>. I wonder if maybe there's a syntax problem with your <year>. Do you have it in the file name in parenthesis (2015). Just a guess. Or perhaps you're seeing the symptoms of some bug?

+1 for the sorting of videos without metadata. "Date Added" would also be very nice. Would make it a lot easier to review listings for the videos I just finished adding.

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2015-09-24

@demostien: Try using "<title> (<year>)", I can't safely remove the four numbers that form a year unless they're within parenthesis, for there could be titles such as '2001' or '2001 1968' as in '2001: a space odyssey (1968)'.

Also, there is a sort of hidden option to sort by items that have and don't have metadata, choose sort by: 'Watched Status'.
ViMM currently does not track added dates, since choosing 'File' > 'Rescan Folders' would reset that information.

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - demosthien - 2015-09-26

(2015-09-24, 18:32)MariusTh86 Wrote: @demostien: Try using "<title> (<year>)" ...snip...

Yep, I can do that... But whether I'm deleting the date or adding () in the field it's still a manual process which defeats the purpose of ViMM being a mostly automated process.

But I get what you're saying about the dates in titles (like 2001 A Space Odyssey).

Is there a way you can get it to conduct two searches, one with the date as part of the Title and a second with it as just the year of the movie (I guess there might be a situation where both those options return separate results but the Title would be a weird one)? Or maybe it could compile a selection list to present at the end of the search (similar to how the TV Show "Moved" list occurs). This could consist of a side-by-side list of the File Title and Possible Movie Options which I can go through and just select the correct one from the list of Options for each File Title before committing it and then ViMM chugs away and finishes the rest of the process with those selections.

Ah well, I guess I'm just stuck doing it all manually until you figure out a way to get that sorted.
(2015-09-24, 18:32)MariusTh86 Wrote: Also, there is a sort of hidden option to sort by items that have and don't have metadata, choose sort by: 'Watched Status'.

Thanks, I tried that and it works perfectly. Never thought to use that option but now you mention it...

And, since I'm here;

I'm wondering if there is a way to make the process of adding new episodes to the TV Shows faster? Currently I use the File --> Update Metadata --> New Episodes option to get ViMM to search for new episodes. It goes to my "Temp Storage" folder and finds the files, moves them to the correct TV Show base folder, it then embarks on a life changing quest of epic proportions to search through every episode of every TV show I have stored before finally getting around to again finding the files it had earlier moved and transferring them to the correct Season folder and renaming them. As I currently have, amongst other shows, the entire set of Doctor Who (both original and modern series'), you can imagine this search takes quite some time (an entire 12+ hours at last count which does nasty things to my local network traffic situation if I need to use it). Is there a way I can just get ViMM to look in the "Temp Storage" and do it's thing to those files without the search of the entire catalogue?

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2015-09-26

ViMM searches through every folder, just in case people have added their 'new episodes' directly to the tv shows folder without going through a 'temp storage' folder, or added a whole new tv show/season, then tries to find any video files that don't have both a 'thumb' image and a '.nfo' file, I'm not sure I can make this part of the process much quicker than your network allows to browse folders and move files.

If you have 'completed' shows, you might be able to 'lock' them using the 'right-click' menu, I believe ViMM skips those shows during updates.
You might manually update the episodes guide of just the tv shows you want using the 'right-click' > 'Update' menu to reduce the time from 12+ hours to about as long as it takes to manually move the files around and as long as it takes for ViMM to download the TVDB XML TV Guide, translate it to personalised JSON, and matches your episodes against it.
Or move shows that don't need any updating to a folder that ViMM does not watch.