Kodi Community Forum
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! (/showthread.php?tid=109976)

- demosthien - 2011-09-22

Found a forced shutdown in b12.

Tried downloading fanart for the Season of the Witch/Hungry Wives/Jack's Wife (1972)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069239/

And I got this message.

"An exception of class OutOfBoundsException was not handled. The application must shutdown."

I am pretty sure there is no fanart for this movie actually available. I tried twice and it occurred both times.

- i814u2 - 2011-09-22

may be a general issue related to connections. i had that once while it was trying to check the update status (i had opened the about dialog) and haven't been able to reproduce.

had some odd bits as well where it placed the fanart into the poster box during a manual search. clicked on the same item again and it re-downloaded just fine.

edit: to be specific, an issue that occurs when something doesn't return data as the program expects (checking for artwork, versions, etc).

- MariusTh86 - 2011-09-22

Woohoo! Q&A hour! here I go:

@Billywanzi:
As Demosthien & i814u2 said, you can freely input any information when selecting a movie and clicking on the ‘metadata’ button in the toolbar, and it will be stored with the movie, of course it will lack data such as IMDB/TMDB ID’s, and movie file information such as runtime, but it does work.

@Demosthien:
If you can’t or haven’t scraped the movie yet, and you want to add custom art to it through ViMM, you can do so by going into the metadata editor, and dropping images onto the poster and fanart fields, they should be put in the right directory and under the correct name automatically. The same should also work for ClearArts, & Logo's, but I forgot weather or not it did.
Please test this out if you haven’t yet, and let me know how it works!

@i814u2:
I’ll see if I can match the found titles with the folder or file name.

I think that if prior artwork is found, I can let it pop up a dialog to ask weather you want all existing images to be overwritten or not before proceeding.

ViMM should pick up on the the ‘<movie>-poster.jpg’ and set it as the default thumb so that it will be picked up by XBMC, but I’m not entirely certain weather XBMC will pick up with it without the NFO file, maybe someone could try and test this out?

- chazwhiz - 2011-09-22

This is great, I was just starting to get frustrated searching around for a Mac friendly media manager and stumbled across your app. Thanks!

Any plans for more automation or command line options that can be integrated into things like TVShows2, Automator, SickBeard, or Couchpotato?

- cbr600ds2 - 2011-09-22

Yup...That's when I got the same message in 10 Marius. I too was scraping something with no fanart. Maybe if there was a place to put something that we downloaded manually or a link to a picture if there's no stock fanart?

demosthien Wrote:Found a forced shutdown in b12.

Tried downloading fanart for the Season of the Witch/Hungry Wives/Jack's Wife (1972)

And I got this message.

"An exception of class OutOfBoundsException was not handled. The application must shutdown."

I am pretty sure there is no fanart for this movie actually available. I tried twice and it occurred both times.

- i814u2 - 2011-09-22

Yep. I didn't even check the nfo for a poster jpg specification. I'll double-check that xbmc grabs this, but i don't see why it wouldn't. Thanks for pointing that out.

I also second the desire to have something along the lines of a drag-and-drop option in the various artwork fields. so, open metadata, view any artwork tab, instead of download, have an "open" option and then allow drag and drop as well. then, just like download, it would just save that as the new image file.

- demosthien - 2011-09-22

MariusTh86 Wrote:@Demosthien:
If you can’t or haven’t scraped the movie yet, and you want to add custom art to it through ViMM, you can do so by going into the metadata editor, and dropping images onto the poster and fanart fields, they should be put in the right directory and under the correct name automatically. The same should also work for ClearArts, & Logo's, but I forgot weather or not it did.
Please test this out if you haven’t yet, and let me know how it works!

I just tested dropping images (JPG & PNG) into the grey boxes and it works for the basic images - Poster/Fanart/Banner - but not for the Extra Art options - ClearArt/CharacterArt/Logo/TV Thumb.

On the working tabs it even helpfully rejected any image that hovered over but wasn't the correct size/s & displayed the correct size/s needed to accept the image. On dropping the images onto the greyed box the image was displayed and they appeared in the main window after saving.

The Extra Art tab displayed no messages.

The accepted images then showed up in XBMC.

EDIT: I should clarify that I only tested this on a TV Show.

- antah - 2011-09-22

Great job! Thanks a lot! Very good looking, easy and fast! No need for VMWare and EMM anymore.

The only suggestion: emm has a nice feature, it searches show within any language database (spanish, russian, german), so if you are international user (and I am) - it will also show me my localized name of the series/movie even with local fan art. Maybe within some time you can do it also?

Thanks one more time! great job! where to donate?

demosthien Wrote:Found a forced shutdown in b12.

And I got this message.

Forgot to check weather or not Poster or Fanart URLs are available before proceeding, this'll be fixed in lucky beta 13 Wink

antah Wrote:Great job! Thanks a lot! Very good looking, easy and fast! No need for VMWare and EMM anymore.

The only suggestion: emm has a nice feature, it searches show within any language database (spanish, russian, german), so if you are international user (and I am) - it will also show me my localized name of the series/movie even with local fan art. Maybe within some time you can do it also?

Thanks one more time! great job! where to donate?

You can set the database language through the "General" preferences, which should return the localized titles at least while looking up movies.
Though there have been some problems searching localized names with 'foreign' characters.

There's a donate button in the shape of a heart on the toolbar if you like to support the project. Wink

chazwhiz Wrote:This is great, I was just starting to get frustrated searching around for a Mac friendly media manager and stumbled across your app. Thanks!

Any plans for more automation or command line options that can be integrated into things like TVShows2, Automator, SickBeard, or Couchpotato?

I'm not thinking about any command line options since it's really a GUI app, but if you have any ideas of how to integrate ViMM with other tools, feel free to let me know or in what way!

- antah - 2011-09-22

MariusTh86 Wrote:You can set the database language through the "General" preferences, which should return the localized titles at least while looking up movies.
Though there have been some problems searching localized names with 'foreign' characters.

There's a donate button in the shape of a heart on the toolbar if you like to support the project. Wink

Wow! great! I'll try it today and share my experience here. The way it was in EMM: i typed english (international) name for series, like, "dexter" and it showed me all results, like Dexter (english), Dexter (german), etc... ok, anyway.. will try it at home and will revert.

antah Wrote:Wow! great! I'll try it today and share my experience here. The way it was in EMM: i typed english (international) name for series, like, "dexter" and it showed me all results, like Dexter (english), Dexter (german), etc... ok, anyway.. will try it at home and will revert.

I believe it will show up as just "Dexter" as name, but the description will be in german or whichever language you have set, and will download all information in the set language if it's available.

And thanks for the donation! <3

I hope everybody is ready for lucky beta Nr. 13!

Please extensively test adding images through the metadata editor by dropping images onto the image field, and by opening images with the 'open' button, and see if they are moved to the right location and with the correct naming.

If the new toolbar item "Fetch All Metadata" isn't showing in the toolbar, you can right-click on the toolbar to edit it and add it manually.

v0.5b13 - 22/09/2011
---------------------
* [New] Check to see if previous art already exists and asks to delete it before proceeding to scrape data.
* [New] Added a sort list button on the mini toolbar below the list, which will re-sort the list without reloading it.
* [New] Added new toolbar item "Fetch All Metadata", this will fetch metadata for all media in the currently displayed list that doesn't have any metadata yet.
* [New] Added 'Open' image button to the metadata editors to allow users to select images from their harddrives for use as poster, fanart, banner and extra images.
* [Fix] Forgot to check weather or not a poster or fanart URL is available when downloading those for movies.

- antah - 2011-09-22

Dear Vidal,

I'm sorry, but I experience problems with folder source. I'm adding tv or movie folder via browse window that is located on my time capsule disk, so location bar says: "Data:Series:" (my actual path is //timecapsule/Data/Series) and I got an error: Could not find TV show folder: Series.. please check...blah-blah-blah...

what am I doing wrong? yesterday it was working fine. And one more thing. I can't locate file com.vidalvanbergen.vimediamanager.xml in my hdd/library/preferences.