Kodi Community Forum
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! (/showthread.php?tid=109976)

- MariusTh86 - 2011-10-05

Very thorough report. ^^

Seems like it messed up trying to reload the entire list while reading your new item, though unfortunately i'm not sure why, let me know if it happens more often.
___
Well, you should be able to see which movie is currently selected in the list when the search dialog is open to show which item you're searching for, this dialog pops up if there's more then one result, so if you see two movies it's probably a movie with similiar names that popped up while searching.
___
I'm planning on implementing a way in a future version to see which extra files (NFO, images, subtitles, trailers, etc..) have been downloaded, and which files are still missing.

- Linusorg - 2011-10-05

Again :-)
right now i have the error "error while checking..." more or lesse everytime i change something, i kept the last one ( not reseting everything to factory defaults ) in case you need some files ? just let me know what and where to put them.
------
Thanks for adding this mass download to lets say "wishlist"
i know this is not emm but they have a small indicator in the movie / tv list what type of information is missing, you can sort the list, select all missing items an run an update based on the nfo file
--------------
Maybe i havent looked where the cursor is place in the list while the manual search box popped up, i just say what i was expecting to see to verify my selection and where i expected to see that :-)
---------

Again thanks for listening
Linus

- MariusTh86 - 2011-10-05

Maybe you could send me the NFO files of the movies/shows that go wrong using http://pastebin.com/ or something of the like.

- Linusorg - 2011-10-06

Hi
i will do that, when i am back home over the weekend.
Sorry for the delay :-)
Best Regards
Linus

- pecinko - 2011-10-06

Finally found some time and tried latest version. Really nice indeed!

Great Prog.....but Folder Problem - mad2030 - 2011-10-06

Hello,

i have read the whole Thread, but i can`t find a answer for my question:

My Moviefiles are stored in one folder on my external USB HDD. I tried to point the ViMM to the Folder, but nothing happend.

Then i tried to put each Movie to a seperate Folder and now it seems to be good.

But.....this is my unsorted Folder, i have 7 x 2 TB External HDDs with all my Movie Files in one Folder on each HDD.

Please tell me, that there is an Option for this, i don`t want to create hundreds of new Folders.

TIA

Mad

PS: Sorry for my bad english....... :-)

- MariusTh86 - 2011-10-06

Your english is alright. Wink

If you like, there's an option in the "Tools" menu called "Sort movie files into folders" that will put any video file it finds in the main directories into a folder.

I hope that answers your question?

- infodroid - 2011-10-07

Finally a media manager for Mac OS. Thank you, thank you, thank you Smile

pecinko Wrote:There seams to be a problem with non-english titles

"Harry Potter A Fénixův Řád (2007)"

when you copy-paste this into http://www.themoviedb.org/ search field it finds the movie immediately. ViMM seams to have a problem.

I've also problems with non-english characters. In my case german umlauts (ä, ö, ü)

For example I've a movie file named "Die Affäre.avi" when I fetch metadata I get "No movies found. Do you want to...". Then after clicking OK the search dialog appears, after that the search field immediately looses focus (very annoying).

A manual search comes up with no results. Searching with the imdb id gives me the right result and it fetches the correct infos and graphics and everything is correctly displayed within the program but XBMC can't find the poster image and I have to manually add it within XBMC.

In the manual search dialog when I edit the movie title "Die Affäre" and press backspace with the cursor behind ä, the title changes to "Die Affare" after another backspace "Die Affre". There seems to be a problem with character encoding in the dialog, while saving data and communicating over the APIs.

This is reproducible with other files containing umlauts.

- mad2030 - 2011-10-07

MariusTh86 Wrote:Your english is alright. Wink

If you like, there's an option in the "Tools" menu called "Sort movie files into folders" that will put any video file it finds in the main directories into a folder.

I hope that answers your question?

Many many thanks. That is ist. Smile

Now i will test the good piece of Software and manage my big Movie Library.

MAD

- Ravester - 2011-10-07

But this Feature does not support stacked Movies like "CD 1 , CD 2, CD 3".

Using the "Sort movie files into folders"-Command, for every file a new folder will be created !

Ravester

- MariusTh86 - 2011-10-07

This might be annoying, but could you try doing a search for a movie with umlauts while removing the umlauts? so the "Die Affäre" would be just "Die Affare", and see if it returns any results then?

Ravester Wrote:But this Feature does not support stacked Movies like "CD 1 , CD 2, CD 3".

Using the "Sort movie files into folders"-Command, for every file a new folder will be created !

Ravester

Correct, you'll have to look out for that one..

- steve1977 - 2011-10-07

MariusTh86 Wrote:Well, the date format is a little different, and it's missing file formats, for anime's it adds a couple of related anime's, which isn't really used anywhere except by ViMM.
There shouldn't be many other big differences.

If with output sheet you mean something like 'export to webpage', it's in the 'ideas to add' list. Wink

Thanks for your message. What are the missing file formats and actually what exactly is the media info you mentioned earlier that is missing as well? Was thinking you referred to resolution (eg, 720p) and source (eg, bluray), but wanted to make sure.

I wouldn't export to a webpage, but basically the same feature. Thinking of a way that i can print a list of all my movies and tv shows with some basic infos with it.

- MariusTh86 - 2011-10-07

media info is the height, width, resolution, aspect, audio format and video language information, which would come directly from the video file itself.

- steve1977 - 2011-10-07

MariusTh86 Wrote:media info is the height, width, resolution, aspect, audio format and video language information, which would come directly from the video file itself.

Got it, thanks! Looking forward to this being implemented.

With emm original developer not being active anymore, it appears that vimm is the future!

Also, given it uses imdbapi.com instead of imdb.com, it should even work in china, which is terrific.

Video format *.ts and *.m2ts - mad2030 - 2011-10-07

Hello,

i have some Videos in the *.ts and *.m2ts format (Transport Stream), that were not recognized when i`m trying to use the Function ... Sort Movie Files into Folders.

So i have to manually rename the extension of the Movies to *.mkv.
Please can you fix this?

TIA

MAD