Kodi Community Forum
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! (/showthread.php?tid=109976)

- MariusTh86 - 2011-10-21

preproman Wrote:Is there any way you can make it so we can add our own FanArt if there is none available?

You can always do so through the finder, but if you want to do it through ViMM, there is a way:

Select an item from the list.
Open the metadata editor for that item and select the fanart tab.
get yourself a picture and drop it onto the image area.

- diego-ch - 2011-10-21

Hi MariusTh86,
I've scrapped all my tvshows with ViMM but when I added them to xbmc it only gets the episode info from one them.

I've added it again to xbmc so I could get a debug log and here's what i noticed:
xbmc scans from Z to A, wilfred is the first that gets scanned and has episode info scrapped.
Code:
11:04:01 T:2953850880   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for '/Volumes/Samsung 1TB/TV Shows/Wilfred US/Season 1/Wilfred.US.S01E02.720p.HDTV.x264-CTU.mkv'
11:04:01 T:2953850880   DEBUG: GetVideoDetails: Reading episode 'http://thetvdb.com/api/47B3269189813ECF/series/239761/all/pt.zip' using The TVDB scraper (file: '/Users/Diego/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/metadata.tvdb.com', content: 'tvshows', version: '1.2.3')
11:04:01 T:2953850880   DEBUG: scraper: GetEpisodeDetails returned <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?><details><plot>TX</plot><title>Trust</title><season>1</season><episode>2</episode><thumb>http://thetvdb.com/banners/episodes/239761/4118465.jpg</thumb><aired>2011-06-30</aired><rating>7.8</rating><runtime>30</runtime></details>

for "White Collar" (the second listed from Z to A) and all the other tv shows GetEpisodeDetails does not return the entire info so the episode is listed as just a number and the air date for all episodes is the date from the first episode aired (1x01).
Code:
11:04:31 T:2953850880   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for '/Volumes/Samsung 1TB/TV Shows/White Collar/Season 1/White.Collar.S01E02.HDTV.XviD-XII.avi'
11:04:31 T:2953850880   DEBUG: GetVideoDetails: Reading episode 'http://thetvdb.com/api/47B3269189813ECF/series/108611/all/pt.zip' using The TVDB scraper (file: '/Users/Diego/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/metadata.tvdb.com', content: 'tvshows', version: '1.2.3')
11:04:31 T:2953850880   DEBUG: scraper: GetEpisodeDetails returned <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?><details><runtime>30</runtime></details>
11:04:31 T:2953850880   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Adding new item to tvshows:/Volumes/Samsung 1TB/TV Shows/White Collar/Season 1/White.Collar.S01E02.HDTV.XviD-XII.avi

So why does "Wilfred" get all it's info and the others doesn't and how can I fix this?
thanks!

wilfred tvshow.nfo: http://pastebin.com/RZ5RGjDV
supernatural tvshow.nfo: http://pastebin.com/4b1u4tYc
xbmc debug log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/715162/

I'm not sure, it might be a problem with the TVDB?
try again later, or remove the NFO files and try letting XBMC scrape information through the TVDB scraper.

From the debug snippets it would seem that it goes to the TVDB correctly but all that gets returned is the runtime of the episode.

The NFO files seem correct, and the episode guide URL's point in the right direction.

- diego-ch - 2011-10-21

MariusTh86 Wrote:I'm not sure, it might be a problem with the TVDB?
try again later, or remove the NFO files and try letting XBMC scrape information through the TVDB scraper.

From the debug snippets it would seem that it goes to the TVDB correctly but all that gets returned is the runtime of the episode.

The NFO files seem correct, and the episode guide URL's point in the right direction.

removing the nfo it gets all information correctly with the tvdb scraper

Odd, I'm not experiencing problems, maybe try to switch between using the EN language setting for one show and your own language, and see if either setting get's their episode data right.

let me know if you try gathering info with ViMM again sometime.

- prophetizer - 2011-10-22

WOW! very upset. i selected a TV show, option clicked, selected clean, checked the stuff and choose Selected only option, and it deleted everything i spent the last week doing. so mad right now. i just finished all my tv series last night. and having to click to download clearart, logos and whatnot manually. and i set a custom genre for every show for different smart playlists for people in the house. i can't believe i am going to have to do that all over again.

sure, someone is going to say i should of backed up, but um it's not that easy to just backup individual files like that. oh man not looking forward to doing this all over again. at least XBMC won't change, unless i have to re-scrape the library from scratch for some reason, but what a bunch of wasted work

- activ - 2011-10-23

Thanks for making this nice tool, I am however having some trouble getting it to work.
After I told it where my movies and series are it died, giving met the message:

An exception of class XmlException was not handled. The application must be shut down.
Exception Message: msg:XML parser error 4: not well-formed (invalid token) Exception Error Number 2.

- tallyho - 2011-10-23

diego-ch Wrote:Hi MariusTh86,
I've scrapped all my tvshows with ViMM but when I added them to xbmc it only gets the episode info from one them.

First, obviously, thanks for developing VIMediaManager - it's just what we mac based XBMC users need.

Second, I have the same issue that diego-ch has with TV shows: XBMC will only scrape full episode details for one show, the rest just have x.01 x.02 etc titles and the running time. In my case though it is the *first* alphabetised show that gets the full details. I haven't got the XBMC logs to hand, but when I looked, I saw that XBMC did seem to get the correct show from TheTVDB but wasn't gathering the full details. If I delete the nfo files for my TV shows and rescrape, XBMC finds all the full details.

Not sure how to fix it, but I think you're planning to include full TV Show episode support in a future version of VIMediaManager - when you do it will solve the problem!

- prophetizer - 2011-10-23

prophetizer Wrote:WOW! very upset. i selected a TV show, option clicked, selected clean, checked the stuff and choose Selected only option, and it deleted everything i spent the last week doing. so mad right now. i just finished all my tv series last night. and having to click to download clearart, logos and whatnot manually. and i set a custom genre for every show for different smart playlists for people in the house. i can't believe i am going to have to do that all over again.

sure, someone is going to say i should of backed up, but um it's not that easy to just backup individual files like that. oh man not looking forward to doing this all over again. at least XBMC won't change, unless i have to re-scrape the library from scratch for some reason, but what a bunch of wasted work

ok, so it seems the Clean using the words All and Selected wasn't very clear. is there no way to just clear the info for 1 show? doubtful that i'll bothing doing all this again anyways because there are ust too many clicks involved doing a full rescrape and edit

- joelfernandes - 2011-10-23

Dude... THANK YOU! You're the man! I'll send you a donation right away, the app is simply fantastic, not to mention, the only one that actually works on mac Smile

Now, I was wondering if there's a way to batch-download trailers for all my collection. Is this possible?

Thanks man.

- MariusTh86 - 2011-10-23

@joel Fernandez:
No batch-download available yet, but I am thinking of including an auto download for trailers when scraping for data to speed things up.

@Prophetizer:
I'm terribly sorry, I seems I made the dialog rather confusing.
What it currently does, is clean all shows using either the 'selected' or 'all' of the available items in the dialog, no way yet to clean just one selected show.
I'll try and see if i can find a way to make it more obvious of what it does.

@Tallyho:
I'm afraid I don't know what exactly is going wrong there either, which language are you using to scrape info?

@Activ:
It probably found a '.nfo' file that wasn't a valid XML file, try starting up holding the [alt] key and select each individual movie and tv series to see if it gives the error, and remove any .nfo files in that item's folder.
Alternatively, you could search and trash all existing .nfo files.
Hopefully in the future I'll find a way to handle that more gracefully.

- joelfernandes - 2011-10-24

I'm having some problems downloading trailers btw. Sometimes I get the error 102 (Download failed, try again later). If I persist, eventually, it gets downloaded. I've also stumbled on a "Host not found" a few times.

On a side note, what do you think about including in the Movie list, or at least in the details panel, which data is available? I would like to check in a easy way which movies are lacking trailers, fanart, covers, etc.

Keep up the good work. Thanks

- MariusTh86 - 2011-10-24

Trailer downloading is still a little wonky here and there.

I've already been planning on adding more info to the sidebar. Wink

Sequels - Linusorg - 2011-10-24

Hi Marius,
thanks again for your work and i dont want to add additional workload here, but would it be suitable to have something like a deep directory scan in on e of the upcoming releases ?
if you have multiple sequels grouped by the main title i would be very pleased.
Examples :
Batman
--- Batman Begins (2005)
--- Dark Knight ( 2008 )

or even ( some old movies are grouped by Actor or Theme : Charles Chaplin / Edgar Wallace ) :
hitchhikers guide
---- BBC
------- HHGTG
------- RAEU
---- Theather
------- HHGTG

I know that we talked about the idea before, but i am not sure waht are your plans here for the implementation :-)
Best Regards
Linus

- MariusTh86 - 2011-10-24

I'm planning to add 'sets' information for sequels and collections, and i'm thinking of how to implement a deep-scan method.

If everything goes according to plan, it should be in the 0.6 release, however it'll take a while to get there.

Just to let everybody know, I'm practically rebuilding 0.6 from the beginning, since I learned a thing or two from building ViMM 0.5, I'm using that knowledge for improving ViMM even more next to adding the new functionality.

Building the original 0.5 release took several months and rewrites, but now that I've got a good start it shouldn't take just that long, I can't say when the next release is going to be out, but after a short vacation last week, I'm working hard on the next ViMM release. Wink